Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Change needed at the top 6 years 9 months ago #128305

• DD
  • DD's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1358
It is time those in charge of steering this club are brought into question. Marty Atkins CEO and Darryl Mann President. Mann has only been in the job this year following the passing of Vince Pendal last year but he's been around this club a long long time and seen by most of us as someone who tolerates failure and makes excuses and accuses anyone who criticises the club as being negative. And he's got his little minders to support him.

MA has been at the helm about 5 years now and said he was going to change the culture of the club and that somehow was going to change our on field fortunes. Apart from convincing CJ to come to the club I really don't know what he has achieved and I would say we are a lot further away from onfield success than when he arrived.

It's time for change, the club is going knowhere fast.
Get on your bike.
It was Adam and Eve not Adam and Steve.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by DD.

Change needed at the top 6 years 9 months ago #128310

• Demons Forever
  • Away
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 248
Can't disagree with you DD.
It will be easier to find a new CEO.
Hopefully a good one although I am not confident that the current Board would make a good call on it.
The President is another problem.
A benefactor with footy nous and desire there is no-one in sight.
It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It's the size of the fight in the dog.
Winning isn't everything. It's the ONLY THING !!!!!!
I shot the fukin sherriff!!!!

Last edit: by Demons Forever.

Change needed at the top 6 years 9 months ago #128315

• Godinoz
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 26
DD I don't comment much on OzFooty but I do read it every day/night. I have seen the same type of comments for years re the Perth footy club changing it up the top but nothing seems to change even if they do.My questions are : HOW DO YOU GET THINGS TO CHANGE AND BE SUCCESSFUL? HOW DO YOU MAKE THE PERTH FOOTBALL CLUB A POWERHOUSE AGAIN? WHAT CAN THE MEMBERS AND SUPPORTERS DO TO MAKE THE CHANGES REQUIRED?
I am 100% Subi and have been though thick and thin. It was a hard road for me through the 60's to the mid 80's (73 the exception) especially when all of my mates were either South or Swans supporters. I got heaps. Since then and REGARDLESS of how it happened, Subi have done well.
Having been through all of that, I am one WAFL supporter and I'm sure there are a lot of others that would love to see the Perth Football Club win a Premiership. WHERE DO WE START?

Change needed at the top 6 years 9 months ago #128317

• Dazzler
  • Thank you received: 391

DD wrote: It is time those in charge of steering this club are brought into question. Marty Atkins CEO and Darryl Mann President. Mann has only been in the job this year following the passing of Vince Pendal last year but he's been around this club a long long time and seen by most of us as someone who tolerates failure and makes excuses and accuses anyone who criticises the club as being negative. And he's got his little minders to support him.

MA has been at the helm about 5 years now and said he was going to change the culture of the club and that somehow was going to change our on field fortunes. Apart from convincing CJ to come to the club I really don't know what he has achieved and I would say we are a lot further away from onfield success than when he arrived.

It's time for change, the club is going knowhere fast.

Well said

Change needed at the top 6 years 9 months ago #128321

• Mr AFL
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 145
Good post DD.

The thing is someone new always comes in and says we are going to do this and that. They all have good intentions and I'm sure they have all tried their best but the simple thing is nothing ever changes at this club.

You speak about the culture. Over the last 5 years we have had what can be considered two decent clean outs of the playing squad at the end of a season. When this was done it was said to be in the name of creating a better culture at the club.

Now culture does take time to build but the people in charge at the club can't keep talking about building a better culture every two years. We do have a culture at the Perth Football Club and unfortunately it is a loosing one.

Change needed at the top 6 years 9 months ago #128327

• DD
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Yes Marty came with this clean out culture and pissed off a lot of players who could play at this level. What this club needs is on field talent not a bunch of good blokes. That's not intented to be a slur on the current player group but in the past the club has held onto a lot of dead wood that were never going to take us anywhere yet blokes who were genuine league material were walking out or being pushed out the door.

When we do attract a good prospect we seem to be incapable of keeping them interested. Culture starts at the top in the boardroom and head office. I just don't see any urgency in these people, they seem too happy accepting failure.
Get on your bike.

Last edit: by DD.

Change needed at the top 6 years 9 months ago #128331

• ArkRoyal
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1215
DD: Whom are you thinking of in this regard? Players, such as, the little red head whom went to SD? I must say, I have never heard of a side having success in any code by getting rid of their best players.

I would like to see the club make some sort of statement about recent performances. EF, to their credit, even though I questioned it at the time, stressed that their performances have been sub-standard and things have improved markedly. I have never seen such a statement from Perth in thirty years.

Change needed at the top 6 years 9 months ago #128332

• DD
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
They've got a new football manager in charge (I say that with hesitation), but with Tweedledee and Tweedledum in charge how much reign will they give him?
Get on your bike.

Change needed at the top 6 years 9 months ago #128341

• ArkRoyal
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1215
I think the football manger has come from Claremont? With any luck, he should have a 'good' culture and the club will move in the right direction.

Change needed at the top 6 years 9 months ago #128455

• smokey
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 217

ArkRoyal wrote: I think the football manger has come from Claremont? With any luck, he should have a 'good' culture and the club will move in the right direction.

Yep, a Claremont premiership player and more recently, I believe, CEO of Water Polo WA and a man who reputably doesn't tolerate under achievement and gets things done.
Perhaps he is better suited to the role of CEO than football manager. Even, maybe with his background and contacts, a candidate for President.
The following user(s) said Thank You: DD

Moderators: Dazzler

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 242 guests and 2 members online

• Demons Forever
  • premiership hangover

Newest Footy Recruits

• Roberttag
  • Edwinric
  • Lost WAFL
  • Duncs1977