Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Emphatic NO to any alignment 6 years 11 months ago #122745

• DD
  • DD's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1357
Finally a statement from Perth president Daryle Mann declaring an emphatic no to talk of any alignment with the West Coast Eagles. Too many people assume it's a fate accompli that Perth would take over as the host club due to the ground sharing that will take place in the near future at Lathlain.

And well explained I might add. That should put to bed any speculation. Now Daryle, how about doing something about our on field failure to be a top side capable of playing finals?

thewest.com.au/sport/wafl/we-wont-join-w...demons-ng-b88469763z
Get on your bike.
It was Adam and Eve not Adam and Steve.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ArkRoyal

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Emphatic NO to any alignment 6 years 11 months ago #122757

• ArkRoyal
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1215
Good news indeed. Readding the article I think tha favourite is EP will keep the alignment. It will cost them a quid to set up their own club.

Emphatic NO to any alignment 6 years 11 months ago #122766

• westaussieguy
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 357

DD wrote: Finally a statement from Perth president Daryle Mann declaring an emphatic no to talk of any alignment with the West Coast Eagles. Too many people assume it's a fate accompli that Perth would take over as the host club due to the ground sharing that will take place in the near future at Lathlain.

And well explained I might add. That should put to bed any speculation. Now Daryle, how about doing something about our on field failure to be a top side capable of playing finals?

thewest.com.au/sport/wafl/we-wont-join-w...demons-ng-b88469763z

Have just read the article. That is bloody fantastic news!

Would be terrible to hear further down the track, huge wads of cash have suddenly materialized out of thin air and Perth 'reconsider'. Would be distressing to see that happen.
Good to see Perth footy club see the alignment for what it really is! Pity 2 former Wafl clubs were blind & couldn't see!
One worry remains of hoping one of the 6 remaining Wafl clubs do not get suckered in?

Last edit: by westaussieguy. Reason: clarity

Emphatic NO to any alignment 6 years 11 months ago #122784

• alahoy
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 32
While its good news for Perth fans let's not forget that Peel outright lied about becoming an aligned club. Just saying there's precedent...

The most refreshing thing about that article though was Nesbitt admitting there was some compromise in the arrangement - thank goodness a glimmer of truth finally.

I also don't think setting up a new team will be that expensive for the eagles - if you move the staff they currently employ at EP to WAFL and then add in the money they annually give away to EP, I think it will balance out - in fact I'd be willing to be the money they pay to EP is costed on their belief of what it would otherwise cost.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ArkRoyal

Emphatic NO to any alignment 6 years 11 months ago #122799

• Stand the Test
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • Thank you received: 318
Anyone who ever thought (or thinks) PFC is a candidate for an alignment does not know much about the Club and its supporters. The Club led the charge to get rid of the last alignment model and there is just no way the membership would allow it to happen.

Emphatic NO to any alignment 6 years 11 months ago #122804

• swan42
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Stand the Test wrote: Anyone who ever thought (or thinks) PFC is a candidate for an alignment does not know much about the Club and its supporters. The Club led the charge to get rid of the last alignment model and there is just no way the membership would allow it to happen.

I have cited on here that I know some one who is a Perth and Eagles supporterwho said that even he would not support Perth if they got into bed with the Eagles. If Perth did get into bed with the Eagles I would expect at least 90% of Perth supporters to walk away. I would expect a similar figure if it were Swans.

Emphatic NO to any alignment 6 years 11 months ago #122807

• Freezin
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 924
Pretty sure 90% of EF WP Subi SF Cl fans would feel the same 42....but hey let's just wait n see what happens, life is always not what you seem it is.

Good to see Perth sticking to their guns....hopefully the rest of us follow...tho with EF being 0/6...flagless since 1998...and Shark Park is past it's best...you just never know....

Last edit: by Freezin.

Emphatic NO to any alignment 6 years 11 months ago #122809

• Beasley Hutton
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 2874

Freezin wrote: Pretty sure 90% of EF WP Subi SF Cl fans would feel the same 42....but hey let's just wait n see what happens, life is always not what you seem it is.

Good to see Perth sticking to their guns....hopefully the rest of us follow...tho with EF being 0/6...flagless since 1998...and Shark Park is past it's best...you just never know....

The WCEF Sharks (or maybe Sea Eagles) playing out of Lathlain...talk about fish out of water!! :silly:

Emphatic NO to any alignment 6 years 11 months ago #123346

• PD1899
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • Thank you received: 43
Shouldn't a decision like that be put to all members to vote on?

Emphatic NO to any alignment 6 years 11 months ago #123347

• Mr AFL
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 145
Are you saying you'd be for us aligning with the Eagles 1899?

Moderators: Dazzler

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 378 guests and 2 members online

• Shark Tragic
  • one time only

Newest Footy Recruits

• aCoucky
  • whatoma
  • RobertPes
  • Lost WAFL