Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Round 7,2017 - West Perth v Perth 6 years 11 months ago #121635

• Freezin
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 924

Leedy wrote: Sheezus, am I on the Swans page here ???

Seems like you are Leedy...LOL...no doubt the umps were to blame for WP shocking kicking at goal too...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Round 7,2017 - West Perth v Perth 6 years 11 months ago #121665

• PD1899
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • Thank you received: 43
Was listening to the game on radio and the commentators clearly stated the umpiring cost the demons 3 goals (directly).

Round 7,2017 - West Perth v Perth 6 years 11 months ago #121677

• BARISTA
  • Thank you received: 11
There isn't a game I have seen or read about here on this site/forum that umpires haven't influenced in some perceived negative manner for one or both teams

I personally try to look at the number of times a team could have kicked a goal but didn't through inaccuracy or bad decision making and then a turnover as points to consider for improvement .... as should the coaches

The umpires aren't likely to change - havent in the past and unlikely in the future

One truth remains without contest - our game does not exist without them ... ;)

Round 7,2017 - West Perth v Perth 6 years 11 months ago #121679

• Freezin
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Pretty sure PFC has won a game or two over the years thanks to the umps....like every other club has....touch wood it happens again soon....would make an interesting GF if SD and Perth played each other....who would the umps crucify the least...LOL

Last edit: by Freezin.

Round 7,2017 - West Perth v Perth 6 years 11 months ago #121684

• Beasley Hutton
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 2874

Freezin wrote: Pretty sure PFC has won a game or two over the years thanks to the umps....like every other club has....touch wood it happens again soon....would make an interesting GF if SD and Perth played each other....who would the umps crucify the least...LOL

I would be happy just to actually make a League GF Freeze let alone one against the Mighty Demons but one things for sure going from my free kick statistics I have collated over the last decade I would hate to be the team coming up against WP in a GF as you not only have to play well but also overcome 3 other hurdles! :unsure: :whistle:

Last edit: by Beasley Hutton.

Round 7,2017 - West Perth v Perth 6 years 11 months ago #121685

• Stand the Test
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • Thank you received: 318
Just to let the interlopers know we are not idiots. PFC supporters who comment here generally watch or otherwise follow the games and now and again we see (or hear) a game where the umpires have an influence. We don't, to my knowledge, complain about the umpiring week in week out and we understand the concept of swings and roundabouts. On Saturday WP did miss a lot of shots on goal largely as a result of the pressure our young defenders put on. Our young side also suffered at the hands of some very poor umpiring decisions which made a big difference and we wish to acknowledge and discuss.

Round 7,2017 - West Perth v Perth 6 years 11 months ago #121688

• Cesspit
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 119

Beasley Hutton wrote:

Freezin wrote: Pretty sure PFC has won a game or two over the years thanks to the umps....like every other club has....touch wood it happens again soon....would make an interesting GF if SD and Perth played each other....who would the umps crucify the least...LOL

I would be happy just to actually make a League GF Freeze let alone one against the Mighty Demons but one things for sure going from my free kick statistics I have collated over the last decade I would hate to be the team coming up against WP in a GF as you not only have to play well but also overcome 3 other hurdles! :unsure: :whistle:

Good point Beasley, and if John Townsend wrote the GF report you wouldn't know who were West Perth opponents, except if it were Claremont maybe.

Round 7,2017 - West Perth v Perth 6 years 11 months ago #121695

• Freezin
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

Stand the Test wrote: Just to let the interlopers know we are not idiots. PFC supporters who comment here generally watch or otherwise follow the games and now and again we see (or hear) a game where the umpires have an influence. We don't, to my knowledge, complain about the umpiring week in week out and we understand the concept of swings and roundabouts. On Saturday WP did miss a lot of shots on goal largely as a result of the pressure our young defenders put on. Our young side also suffered at the hands of some very poor umpiring decisions which made a big difference and we wish to acknowledge and discuss.

STT too true.....but I am going way back to Footy Goss, WAFLonline forums mate.....but hey that is the point of forum I guess....acknowledge and discuss away.....Perth are more competitive than the team I follow.....so I guess it's a nice change Perth fans are blaming the umps instead McMahon, yellow footy, Marty's lack of recruiting for a change.....

Round 7,2017 - West Perth v Perth 6 years 11 months ago #121696

• Leedy
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 148

Beasley Hutton wrote:

:P :P :P Your hilarious BH, hence why I posted my comment about mistakingly being on the Swans thread earlier ;)

Round 7,2017 - West Perth v Perth 6 years 11 months ago #121719

• Mr AFL
  • Mr AFL's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 145
I think this was our fourth loss this season by less than four goals. Our defence is taking a hammering with the injuries to Brent Latch, Lennon Marlin, Michael Sinclair and even Jared Bell. With Cody Leggett being injured as well and Julian Jacobs finding fitness in the reserves after a delayed start to the season as well as his own injury problems I think if you include those six, fully fit then we may be in a slightly better position in regards to wins and losses.

Still though every other club has their own injury issues and we are not alone in this regard. Another way of looking at it is that if those six are fit do the likes of Scotney, Roe, Narrier, Morisey, Levien etc... get the opportunities that they have gotten so far this season. After our first couple of games I think our twelve least experienced players hadn't even played a combined 50 games.

We are very young side and with that comes lapses in concentration which has cost us dearly over the opening six games of the season. When they manage to play four whole quarters like they did against East Fremantle they looked ok and in the games against Swan Districts, Subiaco and West Perth have looked good for large parts of the game. It's just that 10-20 minute lapse that costs us.

Hopefully we can play four consistent quarters against South Fremantle at home this week. If we do that then who knows but putting a whole game together will be the first step.

Last edit: by Mr AFL.
Moderators: Dazzler

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 458 guests and no members online

Newest Footy Recruits

• RobertPes
  • Lost WAFL
  • Duncs1977
  • MrBulldog2020
  • MrBulldog