Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Round 7,2017 - West Perth v Perth 6 years 11 months ago #121454

• Dwert
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • Thank you received: 280

Cesspit wrote:

Southrlegends wrote:

GarlicBreath wrote: Why do I keep hearing that WP have been so inconsistent ?
We've won three out of five, went down narrowly against Subi but we're very much in the game, and then yes got belted against south, didn't turn up in one out of the five games, to me that doesnt scream out inconsistency..

Consistent rancid garlic for sure

Didn't turn up v South? 22 v 22 wasn't it?

Perth will do well here

I hope you are right South but I've got my doubts.
We really need our best team on the park to have any chance against sides like West Perth. That means Jacobs, Bell, Latch, Leggatt, Irons to be back and playing.

Aaron Black is a class act...

He has only been back 3 weeks not surprising WP's form has been on the improve since he has been back.Against SF it was one of those games where things did not happen. That was Black's first game back.
Put a lot of work into nullifying his effectiveness and you are in the game.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Round 7,2017 - West Perth v Perth 6 years 11 months ago #121511

• smokey
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 217
At least they tried today but lack the physical strength of the top sides which costs them dearly.
The much maligned Christian Eyres was great. Had 43 hit out outs and clearly won the ruck duels. Cant ask much more. Most importantly he flew the flag for the team on several occasions.
Stacky at his best with 7 goals. Now we want to see some consistency from him.
Black wasn't the influence we thought he might be while Jones 34 touches and Tropo 30 put in strong performances despite poor treatment from the umpires... FFS Tropo was nearly killed with a half tunnel half charge into the back which was a play on decision. Cory Byrne copped something similar but also went unnoticed by the umps.
IMHO in the back is in the back and should be rewarded every time.
Got to get some of our youngsters into the gym and build them up so that they can compete physically.
IMO we are not that far away but get pushed out of the contest far too easily.

Last edit: by smokey.

Round 7,2017 - West Perth v Perth 6 years 11 months ago #121512

• DD
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1357
Worst performance I've seen from the maggots for a long time. Definitely cost us goals. That crash in the back of Tropiano Smokey was 25 metres out directly in front. He wouldn't have been able to take the kick but it would have resulted in a goal right on 3 qtr time. He was lying on the ground for a long time in the hands of the trainers and the maggots didn't even stop the game and WP went deep into attack.

Best game so far from Ninja and Roe and Stacky was on fire, his only blemish he should have gone back beind the mark instead of trying to handball over the top in the last qtr.
Get on your bike.
It was Adam and Eve not Adam and Steve.

Round 7,2017 - West Perth v Perth 6 years 11 months ago #121513

• Country member
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 44
Commentators on KIX seemed to agree. I think the comment during the last quarter was that bad decisions cost Perth 3-4 goals.

Round 7,2017 - West Perth v Perth 6 years 11 months ago #121517

• Demons Forever
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 248
Yep listened on the radio and they were not impressed.
Mind you one of them was Rod Willett, so enough said.
Never heard him put together more than one word.
It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It's the size of the fight in the dog.
Winning isn't everything. It's the ONLY THING !!!!!!
I shot the fukin sherriff!!!!

Round 7,2017 - West Perth v Perth 6 years 11 months ago #121523

• smokey
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 217

Demons Forever wrote: Yep listened on the radio and they were not impressed.
Mind you one of them was Rod Willett, so enough said.
Never heard him put together more than one word.

Was that one word "ugg"?

Round 7,2017 - West Perth v Perth 6 years 11 months ago #121525

• Worm Burner
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 16
Smokey agree with your comments on Eyres, he’s really improved , gets a bit of distance on some of his kicks and has shown a bit of pace I didn’t think he had. He’s really stepped up since Graham pulled the pin.

For a bloke who’s played 8 WAFL games Corey Byrne was outstanding, some great clearances and uses the ball a heap better than many more experienced players. We’ve got a keeper there! Levien also looks like he could have a future, not sure about Henderson and Etto didn’t do much after working his way back into the side.

Narrier got tagged in his 6th WAFL game and found it hard to shake Munns, kicked a great running goal in the 3rd quarter and he’ll only get better

Sinclair played well but had a few brain fades, particularly butchered a kick in and gift WP a goal.

McFarlane’s kicking was really impressive, need to get the ball in his hands more often.

Wilkins is a worry, takes a few decent marks but doesn’t go anywhere near hard enough in my opinion, surely we’ve got better options. Colledge was another player who disappointed, we desperately need players like him to stand up.

One of the highlights of the day for me was in the reserves seeing a ripper hang on the wing by Cody Kickett in the last quarter and then when he came off for a rest a few minutes later he madke a bee line to the nearby photographer to inquire if she had got a photo of that mark! Was pretty funny

Ansey who played in the ressies has a bit of size about him which may come in handy in the league.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Time For a Flag

Round 7,2017 - West Perth v Perth 6 years 11 months ago #121530

• Demons Forever
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 248
Yes Smokey a mumbled UGG.
It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It's the size of the fight in the dog.
Winning isn't everything. It's the ONLY THING !!!!!!
I shot the fukin sherriff!!!!

Round 7,2017 - West Perth v Perth 6 years 11 months ago #121613

• Stand the Test
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • Thank you received: 318
I for one am happy to blame the umps 100% for this one. Sinclair's push in the back that was just him holding his ground when a guy backed into him, the 50 metre penalty for nothing and Trop non-decision. There were others and that was the game right there. We more than matched them and had them unable to deal with our run when we got it going.

Round 7,2017 - West Perth v Perth 6 years 11 months ago #121628

• Leedy
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 148
Sheezus, am I on the Swans page here ???

Moderators: Dazzler

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 303 guests and one member online

• Royals78

Newest Footy Recruits

• aCoucky
  • whatoma
  • RobertPes
  • Lost WAFL
  • Duncs1977