Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Round Two 2017 vs Subiaco 7 years 4 weeks ago #117683

• Mr AFL
  • Mr AFL's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 145
With round two fast approaching I thought I'd get this thread up and running.

Remember to listen to Demon Radio on Wednesday at 5:30pm on 91.3 Sport FM. I'm sure that we will be updated on the status of Aidan Tropiano and whether or not he will play or not.

Two players that I'd like to come in against Subiaco would be Julian Jacobs and Tim Sutherland. Jacobs would be a bigger bodied midfielder seeing as though we could lose one in Trop and Sutherland to come in to support Eyres in the Ruck. Eyres was solid last week but it's a big ask to ruck pretty much the whole game. Would also allow Sam Garstone to play more forward.

Kurtis Chester could come in as in my opinion he was best on ground against Swans in the reserves.

Looking forward to seeing how Spencer White responds after last week.

Remember that the colts start at the later time of 11am, followed by the reserves at 1:30pm and the league at 4:15pm.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Time For a Flag

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Mr AFL.

Round Two 2017 vs Subiaco 7 years 4 weeks ago #117684

• Mr AFL
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Here's the link for Clint Jones interview on Sports Drive this afternoon.

www.sportfm.com.au/20170321_clint_jones.mp3

Round Two 2017 vs Subiaco 7 years 4 weeks ago #117686

• Mr AFL
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
According to CJ it was just a bad corky so there is a chance Trop will play this week.

Round Two 2017 vs Subiaco 7 years 4 weeks ago #117697

• Time For a Flag
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • The VFL is not the AFL
  • Thank you received: 133
I like the 415 time. Will try and entice a few friends. Crowd looked pretty good at Basso on Sat and it is no doubt important to our players to have red and black supporters along. It has been vv tough but and we are demanding more obviously lets keep on kicking on
Victorians still laugh at West Aussies because of the way we bailed out the vfl and then allowed it to be called it the AFL!

Last edit: by Time For a Flag.

Round Two 2017 vs Subiaco 7 years 4 weeks ago #117725

• Cesspit
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 119

Mr AFL wrote: With round two fast approaching I thought I'd get this thread up and running.

Remember to listen to Demon Radio on Wednesday at 5:30pm on 91.3 Sport FM. I'm sure that we will be updated on the status of Aidan Tropiano and whether or not he will play or not.

Two players that I'd like to come in against Subiaco would be Julian Jacobs and Tim Sutherland. Jacobs would be a bigger bodied midfielder seeing as though we could lose one in Trop and Sutherland to come in to support Eyres in the Ruck. Eyres was solid last week but it's a big ask to ruck pretty much the whole game. Would also allow Sam Garstone to play more forward.

Kurtis Chester could come in as in my opinion he was best on ground against Swans in the reserves.

Looking forward to seeing how Spencer White responds after last week.

Remember that the colts start at the later time of 11am, followed by the reserves at 1:30pm and the league at 4:15pm.

I doubt that Jacobs will play. He didn't even play reserves last week so he could be underdone and lacking match practise. I'd like to see Stack come in and give us a bit more experience and threat in our forward line, especially against Subiaco. He was a real problem for them last season in the game we won at Lathlain on a very wet and cold day.

Round Two 2017 vs Subiaco 7 years 4 weeks ago #117729

• Senior Seagull
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 839

Time For a Flag wrote: I like the 415 time. Will try and entice a few friends. Crowd looked pretty good at Basso on Sat and it is no doubt important to our players to have red and black supporters along. It has been vv tough but and we are demanding more obviously lets keep on kicking on

Yes I do like the 4.15 start, lets you get some of those domestic chores out of the way and then can kick on after on the oxford street strip.

You D's fans do travel pretty well so expect to see plenty of red n black at the game. We will have the behind the goals outer bar open at the Tech school end so expect most of the Pig pen regulars will find that a welcoming spot.

Subi should have a couple of key players back, certainly Cockie to add some grunt around the contests and possibly Horsley if he can recover from his hammy. We were done by Souths pressure and pace last week so if you can bring some of that it will be a good contest.

Round Two 2017 vs Subiaco 7 years 4 weeks ago #117741

• Stand the Test
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • Thank you received: 318
We need to make a few changes, let's face it we played too many kids against SD and left in the two's some experience and size that probably would have made a difference.

Round Two 2017 vs Subiaco 7 years 4 weeks ago #117784

• Dazzler
  • Thank you received: 391

Stand the Test wrote: We need to make a few changes, let's face it we played too many kids against SD and left in the two's some experience and size that probably would have made a difference.

Yep, agree with this. Gordon Narrier keeps his spot but bigger bodies needed to counter Subi.

Round Two 2017 vs Subiaco 7 years 4 weeks ago #117788

• Beasley Hutton
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 2874
Not sure if it was just the number 25 but gee Gordon Narrier reminded me of John McGuire. A left footer, beautiful foot skills, nice sidestep, he was very impressive against us I thought especially early.

Last edit: by Beasley Hutton.

Round Two 2017 vs Subiaco 7 years 4 weeks ago #117793

• Mr AFL
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
According to the radio show Michael Sinclair has an issue with his Achilles. Grade one tendonitis, whatever that is. Had some scans on Monday but should be right.

Tropiano trained strongly last night and should be good to go.

Devon McFarlane apparently was the other one who went off the ground injured against Swans. Not sure what he did.

Last edit: by Mr AFL.
Moderators: Dazzler

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 331 guests and no members online

Newest Footy Recruits

• aCoucky
  • whatoma
  • RobertPes
  • Lost WAFL
  • Duncs1977