Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Notice: Undefined offset: 1 in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 69
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Round One 2017 vs Swan Districts 7 years 2 weeks ago #116923

• Mr AFL
  • Mr AFL's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 144
Well footy is finally back and it couldn't come soon enough. A tough first up game against Swan Districts at Bassendean. Swans have had a very productive off season with some very handy additions to the playing.

This could be a very important game for us because if we are to improve on the seven wins we had last season then I think Swans are a team that will be around the same position as us on the ladder.

Be interesting to see our round one line-up as we wont have Angus Graham, Dene White, Cody Leggett and Toby Gianatti.

Is Tim Sutherland and Nelson Ansey fit enough to play. I'm not sure how long they have been training with us but their signings were only announced a week or two ago.

If they are good to go then that offers support in the ruck department as well as height either up forward or down back.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Round One 2017 vs Swan Districts 7 years 2 weeks ago #116939

• Mr AFL
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Reading the article on the WAFL website it said that Jared Bell, Cody Leggett, Lachlan Dennis, Lennon Marlin, Kristian Cary and Jarrad Irons will all have delayed starts to the season. Obviously we already knew about Bell and Leggett but I think you can rule those players out for round one.

It also said that Nelson Ansey had some work to do after not having done a pre-season.

It said that Clayton Giblett has been taking the number one opposition forward over the preseason so I'd say that he would play this weekend, especially considering that Marlin is out and probably play on Corey Gault.

Can Blake Johnson get a game after kicking 4/5 goals against West Perth. 193cm and 84 kg's. Could play as a third tall down forward. After kicking a bag against West Perth I think that deserves an opportunity come Saturday.

Last edit: by Mr AFL.

Round One 2017 vs Swan Districts 7 years 1 week ago #117109

• westaussieguy
  • Away
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 355
This makes interesting reading....

Head to Head
Played: 241 Swan Districts won: 107 and Perth won: 131
There have been 3 drawn matches

At Bassendean, these two teams have met on 117 occasions
Swan Districts have won 57 and Perth won 59
With 1 drawn game.

Round One 2017 vs Swan Districts 7 years 1 week ago #117120

• Mr AFL
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Certainly does WAG. Should be a close game. Teams are out tonight will be keen to see who's in and who's out for round one.

Round One 2017 vs Swan Districts 7 years 1 week ago #117165

• Worm Burner
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 15
Listened to 91.3 last evening and sounds like we could have 7-8 players make their debut. Apparently some excitement machines amongst them!

Round One 2017 vs Swan Districts 7 years 1 week ago #117168

• Mr AFL
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Zareth Roe, Anton Scotney, Blake Johnson, Gordon Narrier and Tom Gooch will all make their league debut this week against Swans. Well done boys and best of luck on Saturday.

Round One 2017 vs Swan Districts 7 years 1 week ago #117173

• smokey
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 213
Interesting times Mr AFL. Looks like we are going with youth as much as possible.
We must not expect too much too soon. Give these kids time to really show that they are up to it. Potential is there but only time will tell.
There will be others no doubt.
Tom Gooch is one that I had not given much thought to. He is not a tall but a reasonable build for a young bloke. He averaged 20 possessions in the Colts last year.
I look forward to seeing these boys out there on debut on Saturday. Good luck to all of them.

Round One 2017 vs Swan Districts 7 years 1 week ago #117174

• personal demon
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 10
Have just seen the team. It must be one of the youngest and most inexperienced teams we've put on the park. Even in 1999 when we had a whole host of colts players on the park we had a core group of seasoned players around them. It's exciting, yes. But this is really dangerous too. We could get absolutely blown apart in games this year. You can't expect young guys to see through a season. Only hardened experience sees you through a season. Can it be true that McKennas not in the 22????

Round One 2017 vs Swan Districts 7 years 1 week ago #117176

• smokey
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 213
Zareth Roe named at CHB. I know that there is a big rap on this kid but at 184/76 I am not sure about him in a key defensive position.
Perhaps Dazzler can fill in some info on these debutants.
Tom Gooch named on a wing. Good to see Ninyette as a small forward. I liked his efforts late last season when he first got his opportunity. He knows where the fall of the ball will be and makes sure that he gets there.

Round One 2017 vs Swan Districts 7 years 1 week ago #117177

• personal demon
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 10
No Stack? No Etto?

Moderators: Dazzler

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 339 guests and 2 members online

• westaussieguy
  • Ted Nugent

Newest Footy Recruits

• MRanker - Fiverr
  • whatoma
  • RobertPes
  • Lost WAFL