Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Crowd round 1 11 years 1 month ago #9145

• 30plusyeardrought
  • 30plusyeardrought's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 102
I thought it was a very disappointing crowd first up at home.
I know the paper said approx 1500.i reckon lucky to be 1000.

What did others think??

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Crowd round 1 11 years 1 month ago #9151

• Lucifer
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 0
Hard to tell from down below but the outer under the scoreboard usually has a fair spread of punters and on Saturday it was bare (maybe because it's completely dead). I will say the VIP earmark had to be closed because it was full and the general carport was at about 80% may have been a few in the grandstand but the majority definitely would of been Perth support!

Crowd round 1 11 years 1 month ago #9157

• Bazza
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1162

30plusyeardrought wrote: I thought it was a very disappointing crowd first up at home.

What did others think??

Mate I reckon there was only 800 at Claremont Oval,,and they are reigning premiers!

Crowd round 1 11 years 1 month ago #9159

• Dazzler
  • Thank you received: 391

30plusyeardrought wrote: I thought it was a very disappointing crowd first up at home.

What did others think??

No way known it was 1500. Barely 1000 would be my estimate. No one in the outer, the bar half empty at half time and after the game, sweet FA in the grandstand apart from the usual loonies. Piss poor turn out and maybe a harbinger of the future under the alignment.

Crowd round 1 11 years 1 month ago #9161

• Time For a Flag
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • The VFL is not the AFL
  • Thank you received: 133
400 in grand stand
300 outer
100 in the pen
300 in members
100 else where

Disapointing
Victorians still laugh at West Aussies because of the way we bailed out the vfl and then allowed it to be called it the AFL!

Crowd round 1 11 years 1 month ago #9176

• TheRock
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 36
I reckon the 2000 approx in the ST yesterday for our game was also off the mark. More like 1500 tops.

Disappointing all round by the sound of it. No AFL & great conditions yet poor crowds. Is this a sign of what's to come?

By the way...congrats to the WAFC, FFC & WCE for their promo's leading up to the games. Farkin morons!!!

Crowd round 1 11 years 1 month ago #9179

• DG
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 332

TheRock wrote: I reckon the 2000 approx in the ST yesterday for our game was also off the mark. More like 1500 tops.

Disappointing all round by the sound of it. No AFL & great conditions yet poor crowds. Is this a sign of what's to come?

By the way...congrats to the WAFC, FFC & WCE for their promo's leading up to the games. Farkin morons!!!

Hit the nail on the head Rock...no one knows the season has started, everyone thinks it next week with the western derby...
"I'll be the fkng sheriff"

Crowd round 1 11 years 1 month ago #9182

• Bazza
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1162

DG wrote:

TheRock wrote: I reckon the 2000 approx in the ST yesterday for our game was also off the mark. More like 1500 tops.

Hit the nail on the head Rock...no one knows the season has started, everyone thinks it next week with the western derby...

Hard to get any oxygen for the WAFL from this week on, with the Foundation Day now dead as well...this weekend just gone was about as good as it can get.

Crowd round 1 11 years 1 month ago #9188

• Bundy12
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 1
Pretty tough for people to get excited about Round 1 WAFL when it is still cricket season. Cricket finals for all competitions are being played with Sub Turf in their GF this weekend and WACA playing their SF.
Maybe yhe season should start later and not encroach on summer sports?
"If you continue to work hard, the freight train of good fortune will smile upon you."

Crowd round 1 11 years 1 month ago #9189

• smokey
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 217
Yes, a disappointing crowd but bear in mind that we were playing PT.
Peel supporters do not travel outside Mandurah. There could have been no more than 100 (if that) opposition fans in the away team area.
When we play teams like EP, WP, SD that area is packed and there are even opposition fans in the pigpen. Those clubs' supporters are very passionate and follow their teams to away games.

Last edit: by smokey.
  • Page:
Moderators: Dazzler

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 530 guests and 4 members online

• Shark Tragic
  • one time only

Newest Footy Recruits

• aCoucky
  • whatoma