Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Where's The Improvement Coming From? 7 years 4 months ago #109927

• smokey
  • smokey's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 217
Clem and Brandt are back but apart from Giblett and McFarlane we haven't spent many points as yet.
I expect to see Sam Garstone, Cody Leggett, Lennon Marlin, Spencer White and Marshall Jones to step up further in 2017 and I will be interested to see how some of the Colts fit into senior football. There are 6 or 8 who have the ability to settle into ressies footy and put their hands up for opportunities at league level at some time during the season.
We must have a couple of capable talls on the table and I will look for some announcements by the AGM next Monday.
We must have a tall target up forward, perhaps one who can also free up Angus in the ruck at times. And I would still like to see a little more height in defence also. And a small forward who will kick 30 to 40 goals next season.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Time For a Flag

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by smokey.

Where's The Improvement Coming From? 7 years 4 months ago #109930

• astro
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 45
An honourable 6th place for Perth in 2017 on what i can see from all clubs thus far

Where's The Improvement Coming From? 7 years 4 months ago #109932

• Mr AFL
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 145
Hoping that we can at least sign a second ruckman who can play up forward, like a Darcy Cameron and a key defender. They in my opinion are the priorities. Get them and then I'm hoping that the players you listed above can improve further and maybe 1-2 colts players can surprise.

I think if we do manage to sign players to fill those two positions then overall the balance of the squad looks ok. Room for current players to continue developing while there would still be opportunities in the squad for colts players to step into and hopefully surpass expectations.

Where's The Improvement Coming From? 7 years 4 months ago #109933

• Mr AFL
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 145
While I would love to be able to sign a key forward I think that if we can get that second ruckman you would have him, Angus, Sam and hopefully a fully fit Spencer White to play up forward.

Where's The Improvement Coming From? 7 years 4 months ago #109935

• 30plusyeardrought
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 102
I still see our defence as being a problem.
Goal scoring still an issue.
Lack of ruck depth.
A midfield that lacks variety.

Where's The Improvement Coming From? 7 years 4 months ago #109938

• smokey
  • smokey's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 217
30+, I don't have a problem with the midfield. We have improved it with a big bodied mid and the return of Clem gives us another defender to run the lines from defence. Together with Sinclair and Marlin we will have plenty of run but a bit more height to support Latch is necessary.
I believe the main key is that big tall target to give the midfield someone to direct the ball to instead of bombing it in, and the small forward front and centre for the crumbs. We will get more out of Spencer White and Garstone but we need a tall who can kick 60 goals IMO. Get him and I think that we also solve the backup ruckman question.
In fact we will stop those slingshot turnovers that we are notorious for and the defenders' job will be made much easier.

Last edit: by smokey.

Where's The Improvement Coming From? 7 years 4 months ago #109949

• 30plusyeardrought
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Smokey i think our midfield is ok but imo it does lack variety.
Most of our mids play the same type of game,Mzungu would have been that x factor.
The jury is still out for me with Colledge,yet to really stamp his authority as a mid at this level.

For our defence to improve the players already there will have to improve.

I mentioned in an earlier post the type of forward/ruck we should be targetting is recently delisted Melbourne player Chris Dawes,meets the brief perfectly.
As long as he is over his injuries id make a big play for him.

Where's The Improvement Coming From? 7 years 4 months ago #109953

• MarkOlsen
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 514
Dawes wont come west.
studied law and very bright bloke apparently, on the AFL players executive and involved in their new pay deal, he has bigger fish to fry in life than coming to play wafl.

Where's The Improvement Coming From? 7 years 4 months ago #109954

• 30plusyeardrought
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

MarkOlsen wrote: Dawes wont come west.
studied law and very bright bloke apparently, on the AFL players executive and involved in their new pay deal, he has bigger fish to fry in life than coming to play wafl.

Never say never,you wont know if you dont ask.

Where's The Improvement Coming From? 7 years 4 months ago #109955

• MarkOlsen
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 514
better get on to a top law firm straight away then.

Moderators: Dazzler

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 613 guests and one member online

• one time only

Newest Footy Recruits

• ChrisGiple
  • Roberttag
  • Edwinric
  • Lost WAFL
  • Duncs1977