Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Notice: Undefined offset: 1 in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 69
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Communication 7 years 5 months ago #107485

• smokey
  • smokey's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 213
Good news on Clem Smith returning. Hope one or two others will also commit.

It seems that communication with members and supporters is a little slow..
Club website invites nominations for the Board. No mention of how many vacancies exist and which current Board members are retiring. Will there be vacancy for President?
Also note that Cathy Vanderweide is not listed as a Board member. Has she resigned? I don't recall seeing any reports of Board changes.
And most importantly, our late President Vince Pendal is still listed as President.
Daryl Mann is shown as Director of Football and Mat Bateman as Director of District. I was under the impression that Mat was Director of Football.

Finally, it is now Wednesday evening and the Butcher Medal function was on last Saturday. Still no news on facebook or e-news of who the winners were of all trophies.

For a club that has been starved of on field success for almost 40 years and trying to work hard to return to be a force in the competition I find this very disappointing.
Last season indicated that there was some momentum going forward and reason for some optimism that we can make further progress, even of finals, in 2017.
If we are going to grow that momentum the club needs to take members and supporters on the journey and that requires clear, consise, timely and continual communication.
IMHO some indications of improvement required. Did wonders for Western Bulldogs!!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sacko, PD1899

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by smokey.

Communication 7 years 5 months ago #107486

• Demons Forever
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 248
Agree Smokey.
News from the Club is infrequent and the website looks way out of date.
The details of the Board have not been amended for 12 months I reckon.
Would suggest that maybe Darryle will complete Vince's 2nd year.
Me thinks.
Maybe someone else can confirm on that.
It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It's the size of the fight in the dog.
Winning isn't everything. It's the ONLY THING !!!!!!
I shot the fukin sherriff!!!!

Communication 7 years 5 months ago #107488

• 30plusyeardrought
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 102
Re-communication Smokey or lack of,business as normal if you ask me.
Our club when it comes to news and keeping fans up to date has always been on the very slow side this also includes news on coaching and staff appointments.

Last edit: by 30plusyeardrought.

Communication 7 years 5 months ago #107498

• smokey
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Thanks to the club for e-news today.
Michael Sinclair is the Butcher Medallist for 2016. Congratulations Michael on a well deserved award. No details on other club awards. Hopefully coming soon.
Also details of up-coming Board elections. Vacancies for President and four(4)Directors.

Communication 7 years 5 months ago #107499

• Dazzler
  • Thank you received: 384

smokey wrote: Thanks to the club for e-news today.
Michael Sinclair is the Butcher Medallist for 2016. Congratulations Michael on a well deserved award. No details on other club awards. Hopefully coming soon.
Also details of up-coming Board elections. Vacancies for President and four(4)Directors.

Well done Smokey. Shoving a stick in the anthill finally paid off and the club woke from their soporific torpor for five minutes to give us fans some info.

PFC, undisputed champions of keeping loyal fans in the dark. You'd think a club like this with 40 years of misery would bust their arse to keep and attract members. Instead we get SFA.

Communication 7 years 5 months ago #107500

• DD
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1350
So the presidency has been thrown open. Personally I would like to see someone new come in with a bit of clout to drive this club to success. Do we have any supporters with a successful business background who can really drive this club? We have just been sitting like driftwood for decades with the odd year here and there where we get teased. That status quo HAS to change. And though I appreciate the financial support of our major sponsor he is not the right person. He was a known McMahon loyalist.
Get on your bike.

Communication 7 years 5 months ago #107505

• Sacko
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 13
Perfectly summed up with your first post Smokey. The lack of communication via social media from our club is staggering. It's not hard. I've tweeted the club on a number of occasions and get nothing back in return. It's only a small thing really and the club needs to lift in this area no doubt
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dazzler

Communication 7 years 5 months ago #107509

• smokey
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

Dazzler wrote:

smokey wrote: Thanks to the club for e-news today.

Well done Smokey. Shoving a stick in the anthill finally paid off and the club woke from their soporific torpor for five minutes to give us fans some info.

PFC, undisputed champions of keeping loyal fans in the dark. You'd think a club like this with 40 years of misery would bust their arse to keep and attract members. Instead we get SFA.

Thanks Dazzler and Sacko. The thrust of my original post was inspired and predicated on my reflections of the long overdue premiership of the Western Bulldogs.
That result was the just reward for a club determined to finally cast aside a long history of mediocrity both off-field and on-field and to not be distracted at all from the challenge.
That club became united from the President down and they took their members and supporters and sponsors along for the journey to a flag.
PFC is now in a similar situation. Now 40 years without the ultimate on-field success but with arguably the best momentum and confidence going forward that we have had for a long time. We cannot afford to waste it.
That is why I believe we should take on board all the lessons learnt from the Western Bulldogs in the past season and use them as the blueprint and the springboard for finally turning around our fortunes and making our club great again.
To do this will take leadership and a fully united effort. The club must take everyone along for the ride and that includes the Board, the staff, the volunteers, the sponsors and not least of all the members and supporters.
I have said before that the club has many supporters out there who have drifted away over the years. They must come back.
IF WE BUILD IT THEY WILL COME....The new Lathlain Park can become THE FIELD OF DREAMS.

Last edit: by smokey.

Communication 7 years 5 months ago #107515

• BC
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1543
GRASSY for President !!!!!

Communication 7 years 5 months ago #107518

• Larry Bird
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 78
All the best for the coming season boys. The Western Bulldogs are a good story but they are a 45 million dollar business and well resourced. If Perth can win a premiership as the competition stands it would be far more meritorious than the Bulldogs in my eyes.

Moderators: Dazzler

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 322 guests and 4 members online

• UNKA2
  • Whitey
  • Success Hill
  • chaddy22

Newest Footy Recruits

• MiltonRutty
  • BhoblhRhync