Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Go & Get Stuffed!! 7 years 6 months ago #106059

• smokey
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 217
There is no way West Coast will be known as Perth Football Club. The entity known as PFC is an incorporated body... Perth Football Club (Inc) with a constitution which provides for only the members can change the name, licence it, sell it or give it away. It also provides that the club colours will be red and black.
West Coast could be known as Perth Eagles Football Club but Perth Football Club is a big fat NYET.
And why should the Eagles have to have Perth in their name? Consider Port Power, GWS Giants, Western Bulldogs. West Coast tradition is pretty strong and I reckon a big majority of it's members would oppose any change.
The following user(s) said Thank You: DD

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Go & Get Stuffed!! 7 years 6 months ago #106061

• Time For a Flag
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • The VFL is not the AFL
  • Thank you received: 133

smokey wrote: There is no way West Coast will be known as Perth Football Club. The entity known as PFC is an incorporated body... Perth Football Club (Inc) with a constitution which provides for only the members can change the name, licence it, sell it or give it away. It also provides that the club colours will be red and black.
West Coast could be known as Perth Eagles Football Club but Perth Football Club is a big fat NYET.
And why should the Eagles have to have Perth in their name? Consider Port Power, GWS Giants, Western Bulldogs. West Coast tradition is pretty strong and I reckon a big majority of it's members would oppose any change.

Sadly there is no Perth Football club now Smokey. You google it - nothing comes up until you put the Demons name into it. Another way we have been shafted. But shafted we have been. That done

Perth Demons Football Club &
Perth Eagles Football Club

Would suit me better.
Victorians still laugh at West Aussies because of the way we bailed out the vfl and then allowed it to be called it the AFL!

Go & Get Stuffed!! 7 years 6 months ago #106065

• Demons Forever
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 248
Read the posts TFAF.
Are you slow on the uptake?
It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It's the size of the fight in the dog.
Winning isn't everything. It's the ONLY THING !!!!!!
I shot the fukin sherriff!!!!

Go & Get Stuffed!! 7 years 6 months ago #106066

• ArkRoyal
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1215
it is a silly argument to say that the AFL has to have a team called PFC; there are four divisions in the English football league -- something around 100 clubs -- and not one is called London. For that matter, even the WAFL has not always had a PFC in the competition because Perth has been known, at different times, as "rovers' and 'Victoria Park'.

Go & Get Stuffed!! 7 years 6 months ago #106068

• smokey
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 217
TFAF. The club website is Perth Football Club nicknamed the Demons. That is what comes up when you "google" it.
The legal entity of the club is Perth Football Club Inc - ABN 12 991 769 986.
This is reflected in The Annual Report and associated Financial Report as well as certificates of incorporation displayed in the club's offices.
What do you not understand about legal entity?

Go & Get Stuffed!! 7 years 6 months ago #106099

• Senior Seagull
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 839
The reason why West coast are called west coast is that they cant have the Perth name in their football team because there is already a football club called the Perth FC, they wanted too but legally were not able.

Everyone knows who the WCFC is and if you changed the name, 75% of their supporters wouldn't be able to figure it all out, remember most eagles supporters only started watching footy in 1987 and most freo supporters the same in 1995 so anything complex regarding footy goes straight over most of their heads..... given there are a few exceptions to that rule but not too many.
The following user(s) said Thank You: CasualObserver

Go & Get Stuffed!! 7 years 6 months ago #106104

• Senior Seagull
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 839
Pretty simple Aman, last time I checked those other clubs don't play Australian rules football therefore there is no clash, it aint rocket science.
The following user(s) said Thank You: CasualObserver

Go & Get Stuffed!! 7 years 6 months ago #106113

• DD
  • DD's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1357

anchorman wrote: Rubbish.We have the Perth Glory, we have the Perth Wild Cats,etc.
Why couldn't they be the Perth Eagles?Yes there is a Perth football club.But the Eagles would be known as the Perth Eagles, not Perth football club.

So their song would go like this? "We're the Eagles, the Perth Eagles, and we're here to show you why........ Perrthetic!!
Get on your bike.
It was Adam and Eve not Adam and Steve.

Go & Get Stuffed!! 7 years 3 months ago #112013

• waflover
  • Thank you received: 1
Just jumping into this one very late... but I think a few commenters need to re-read the original article that sparked this thread. It only calls for West Coast to change its name to Perth and argues why that should happen. Feel free to agree or disagree with that suggestion as much as you like...
What it DOES NOT DO is to call for West Coast and Perth to become aligned. It only says "there is some possibility" that it will happen. And, let's face it, there is. Personally, I hope it doesn't happen, just like I hoped it wouldn't happen at East Perth. But you would have to have your head buried in the sand to think it wasn't even possible. And saying that something is possible is very different from saying you actually want it to happen..
Most importantly the writer states "I am vehemently anti-alignment". Not sure how anyone could actually think that it's calling for Perth and the Eagles to align.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Time For a Flag

Moderators: Dazzler

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 762 guests and 4 members online

• Whitey
  • Success Hill
  • Omah
  • Ti Em

Newest Footy Recruits

• whatoma
  • RobertPes