Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Go & Get Stuffed!! 7 years 7 months ago #105898

• DD
  • DD's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1358
Here we go, I knew as soon as I read the headline where this was going. Some passionate West Coast Eagles supporter named Sean Cowan (who happens to be a lecturer in journalism at Curtin University) already angling for the Eagles to take over the Perth FC because 1. He doesn't like the name West Coast, in fact he hates it and wants the Eagles renamed Perth Eagles and 2. Believes it's only logical that the Eagles players play for Perth since they are moving in as co-tenants with the Perth FC

Obviously Sean, you mention you are a passionate WAFL supporter but failed to mention which club. I'm sure it was just an oversight buddy but I'll put my hard earned on it you ain't a Perth supporter.

Being co-tenants is where our relationship starts and ends. End of story.

www.watoday.com.au/afl/west-coast-eagles...20160921-grl3qi.html
Get on your bike.
It was Adam and Eve not Adam and Steve.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by DD.

Go & Get Stuffed!! 7 years 7 months ago #105900

• Dazzler
  • Thank you received: 391

DD wrote: Obviously Sean, you mention you are a passionate WAFL supporter but failed to mention which club. I'm sure it was just an oversight buddy but I'll put my hard earned on it you ain't a Perth supporter.

Being co-tenants is where our relationship starts and ends. End of story.

www.watoday.com.au/afl/west-coast-eagles...20160921-grl3qi.html

West Perth I believe.

Curious timing with the sod turning at Lathlain yesterday. The campaign begins. I reckon we'll hear a lot more of this as 2018 approaches but I agree with your response - they can jam it.

I'll wait for Grassy to do his lolly when he sees it.

Last edit: by Dazzler.

Go & Get Stuffed!! 7 years 7 months ago #105901

• Jjim
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 132
The argument presented is pretty weak in my opinion and if someone is confused about what West Coast represents it's easily explained isn't it?. Another change for the sake of change with no tangible benefit.
The following user(s) said Thank You: DD

Go & Get Stuffed!! 7 years 7 months ago #105903

• Mudlark
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 4
Pretty sure he is a swans supporter Dazzler.

Go & Get Stuffed!! 7 years 7 months ago #105905

• Singha
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 115

Mudlark wrote: Pretty sure he is a swans supporter Dazzler.

No, Sean is definitely west Perth. I wouldn't worry much mate, just a fluff article

Go & Get Stuffed!! 7 years 7 months ago #105915

• mikeh
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 2017
If you have any old football budgets check out the collectibles page. It is written by Sean Cowan, I knew I had read his name somewhere. He was a crime journo at the West Australian for a number of years and he wrote a thesis about the origins of football in WA in 1885.

Go & Get Stuffed!! 7 years 7 months ago #105918

• JD62
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 9

Singha wrote:

Mudlark wrote: Pretty sure he is a swans supporter Dazzler.

No, Sean is definitely west Perth. I wouldn't worry much mate, just a fluff article

So he wants West Coast to change their name but he was against West Perth changing their name?

Go & Get Stuffed!! 7 years 7 months ago #105921

• ArkRoyal
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1215
Correct me if I am wrong, but according to the new lease agreement, the Eagles are the tenants not the PFC; in other words, into the future, you are playing at the ground only because of their good will.

Go & Get Stuffed!! 7 years 7 months ago #105925

• DD
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

ArkRoyal wrote: Correct me if I am wrong, but according to the new lease agreement, the Eagles are the tenants not the PFC; in other words, into the future, you are playing at the ground only because of their good will.

Well I hope it's not that simple AR. Obviously the Eagles are a much more lucrative tenant of that very large parcel of land and no doubt the Town of Victoria Park have been fairly generous and reasonable with the Perth FC over the years however the Perth FC has been a part of the fabric of the area since the 50's I think it was?

And its not just the Perth FC that has made use of Lathlain Park over the journey, many other football grades, sporting codes, schools and communities have utilized Lathlain Park which helps build communities. I hope that is not forgotten and that doesn't change. In fact it should be enhanced with better and modern facilities over the next few years.
Get on your bike.

Last edit: by DD.

Go & Get Stuffed!! 7 years 7 months ago #105926

• DD
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

Grassy wrote: DD did it for me,Dazzler.

I've eaten,tea is settled.Ah 'ope!i.e.I hope)

Shit yeah,I'm deadset against it!

I wonder what Sean's position was with the proposed West Perth name change to Joondalup?To think I stuck my neck out for him,if he was Deadset against it.He would now appear to be a Hypocrite of the Highest Order,now he's poking his nose in our affairs!

If he was for West Perth's name change,then I guess he doesn't really respect WAFL Heritage as much as we'd think.

His Arguement's are pretty weak and it's laughable that a supporter of an AFL Club with close to Zero Constitutional Voting Rights for it's members,should now be asking for our Members to get a Vote to change our Identity,let alone Our Colours.

Our Club Constitution states,"the playing colours shall be Red and Black!"Be buggered if we're changing that for you,Sean.Unless you lot Fix the Numbers and buy memberships en masse,but I reckon there's a way around that Electoral Dirty Trick!

You want your mob to play in Blue and Gold Sean,go back to asking Claremont for a Partnership.They're closer to your mob colour wise.But I reckon I know what their answer would be,.....BUGGER OFF!

Funny you mention Claremont Grassy. Claremont were talked about as a possible alignment partner with the Eagles and I have no doubt if they had the land mass we have around Claremont Oval then they would be moving in with the Tigers. I am sure they see themselves having a lot more in common with them than us.
Get on your bike.

Moderators: Dazzler

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 422 guests and 2 members online

• 58shark
  • Omah

Newest Footy Recruits

• Lost WAFL
  • Duncs1977
  • MrBulldog2020
  • MrBulldog