Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Notice: Undefined offset: 1 in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 69
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Clem Smith 7 years 6 months ago #104887

• smokey
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 213

Larry Bird wrote: In regards to your home grown talent how are you situated to cater for them. Do you have money in the cap after signing a few high profile players recently. You can expect these guys will want good coin and jobs etc.

You are the last person to lecture us about salary caps Freezn.
But then you may have a point.
We don't have a benefactor that can throw cars and quasi salesman jobs at potential recruits. Hmmm, yes, we will need to put the thinking "cap" on.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Clem Smith 7 years 6 months ago #104892

• Mr AFL
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 144
In regards to the leadership group they have done a good job since Earl has been there in trying to turn around the culture. Speak to anyone either directly or indirectly involved with the club and they will tell you the same thing.

They are setting and demanding certain standards that need to be met by the whole playing group.

Under Earl it feels like the playing group are trying to stand for something and this is being driven by the leadership group.

This was a comment from Earl in an article last year.

“I think in the past some guys are happy just being league players and not striving to be the best player they can be and this is something that we are certainly trying to change.”

“We need to make sure that the players keep driving themselves and want to keep improving.”

Last edit: by Mr AFL.

Clem Smith 7 years 6 months ago #104894

• Larry Bird
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 78
Serious question. Resources are limited at most WAFL clubs and players coming out of the AFL system do not come cheap. It appears Tunbridge and McInnes may survive the chop so that may give you a better shot at the others.

Clem Smith 7 years 6 months ago #104895

• Demons Forever
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 248
That is rich coming from you Bird.
Are you not an EP supporter?
Does not your Club have access to coaches and facilities paid for by the WCE?
Aren't the majority of your players paid for by the WCE?
Have a look at at other Club's lists and ask them how they pay their players.
Have you asked that question of Subi?
Have a look at their list compared to ours then come back and make a sensible comment.
Either that or stay away altogether.
It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It's the size of the fight in the dog.
Winning isn't everything. It's the ONLY THING !!!!!!
I shot the fukin sherriff!!!!

Clem Smith 7 years 6 months ago #104907

• Mr AFL
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 144
Unfortunately Frankston seems to be in a bit of trouble financially. There might be a couple of players there that could be worth looking at that might want to come across to WA.

Clem Smith 7 years 6 months ago #104912

• Larry Bird
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 78
I'm on your side Demons Forever, I want to see these players return to Perth. Your jumping to the defensive for no reason. My point being up to five AFL delisted players to accomodate is difficult whilst retaining what you have. Other clubs don't necessarily play within the rules. I wish you well.

Moderators: Dazzler

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 336 guests and no members online

Newest Footy Recruits

• MiltonRutty
  • BhoblhRhync
  • MRanker - Fiverr
  • whatoma
  • RobertPes