Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

What's the future hold? 7 years 8 months ago #103522

• ArkRoyal
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1215
Mr AFL: You were certainlly in the running to beat the Lions in the first encounter between the two clubs; as well as having as much of the ball in the midfield, as you know, you kicked 4.19.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

What's the future hold? 7 years 8 months ago #103533

• Mr AFL
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 145
Heading into the preseason I think one of the most important things is keeping the majority of the squad together. There will obviously be some player departures which should help free up some points but keeping key players must be a big priority.

Former players that are possibilities of getting delisted at the end of this season are Tendai Mzungu, Chris Mayne, Sam Butler, Simon Tunbridge, Brandt Colledge, Fraser McInnes and Clem Smith. Trying to get all of them or at least three possibly four back to the club would help. Especially considering all of them except for Sam Butler are one-point players.

On top of that we desperately need some support for Angus Graham in the ruck. If we are able to get another ruckman in the club this will allow Graham to spend more time down forward, ditto with Sam Garstone. A key defender would be next on my list, someone to take on the Shepheard’s, Saunders and Shaw’s of the competition. I’d then be looking at another key forward to help Spencer White.

Just on Spencer I really hope he as well as others are able to have an injury free run at it. I like the look of Spencer but he didn’t come across until late December and was injured for large chunks of the season. I have liked what he has done over the last month and would like to see what he can do now that he is familiar with the competition and with a full preseason under his belt.

Last but by no means least Skills have to be a big focus from day one of the preseason. I mentioned this last Summer and while some players improved the overall skill level hurt the team far too often this year. Memo to the coaches I know you have been working on this with the players but maybe double or triple the time needs to be spent on skill execution over the next six months.

Of the young players to play regularly enough this season, Lennon Marlin, Sam Garstone, Matt Taylor, Brent Edmonds showed positive signs that with another preseason under their belts they should continue to improve next year.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Demon Strate

Last edit: by Mr AFL.

What's the future hold? 7 years 8 months ago #103534

• Mr AFL
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 145
Peter North some of the younger players that I think could make the jump to league football next year are Kristian Morisey, Anton Scotney, Quinton Narkle, John Levien and Sam Perkusich. Obviously Zac Fisher is one of them as well but he has already played league this year and is a very good chance to get drafted come November.

Morisey is a tall key position player. Won an association fairest and best while playing in the Sharks zone has played State 16’s football, has got good hands, is agile from what I have seen, looks strong in the contest and has the ability to play at both ends.

Scotney is another key position player that played all four games at the recent under 18 champions for WA. Didn’t really set the world on fire at the championships but is one that I am keen to see how he goes.

Quinton Narkle averaged 16 possessions at 77% disposal efficiency, three marks, four tackles, 3.5 clearances and 2.5 I50’s at the championships.

Last edit: by Mr AFL.

What's the future hold? 7 years 8 months ago #103628

• Demon Strate
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 11
Having watched a fair few games this year, I think League F & B will go to Clint Jones and Michael Sinclair in second place. The tail end of Sinclair's season was tremendous.

In the Reserves Corey Byrne is a potential top 3 finisher, kicked some goals from the midfield and high stats getter. Played 2 League games.

Last edit: by Demon Strate.

What's the future hold? 7 years 8 months ago #103631

• DD
  • DD's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1359

Mr AFL wrote: Heading into the preseason I think one of the most important things is keeping the majority of the squad together. There will obviously be some player departures which should help free up some points but keeping key players must be a big priority.

Former players that are possibilities of getting delisted at the end of this season are Tendai Mzungu, Chris Mayne, Sam Butler, Simon Tunbridge, Brandt Colledge, Fraser McInnes and Clem Smith. Trying to get all of them or at least three possibly four back to the club would help. Especially considering all of them except for Sam Butler are one-point players.

You can bet the cheque book Charlie's will be ready to pounce.
Get on your bike.
It was Adam and Eve not Adam and Steve.

What's the future hold? 7 years 8 months ago #103633

• Freezin
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 925
Pretty sure Subi wouldnt need or want any of them mate....the likes of Kitchen, Horsley, Cockie and Broughton are just as good as Mzungu and younger most probably.....whilst Shepheard is as good as McInnes, De La Hunty or Wheeler as good as Tunbridge....reckon Subi will go after Grimley again.....so I reckon you guys are safe there

Thus good news for you boys then, though with Graham, White, Jones already on your books plus Tropiano must be due a new contract and more money..things may be tight your end perhaps pleasing them all...but hey if you guys get them back then good on you....

.Colledge is the one I would like at EF....and McIness for his height up front with Watson.....

What's the future hold? 7 years 8 months ago #103635

• DD
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Freezin if the likes of Tropiano, Jones, Graham etc are serious about success then they should be saying to the club if we need to take a pay cut to fit 3 or 4 of those boys in then they should be willing to do it. Clubs like Hawthorn and Geelong have been doing it for years, I dare say Sydney as well.
Get on your bike.

Last edit: by DD.

What's the future hold? 7 years 8 months ago #103637

• 30plusyeardrought
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 102
IMO Mzungu is the only certainty to get delisted,Colledge and Smith would only be outside chances the others forget it they will remain in the AFL system.

DD todays WAFL doesnt have a lot of loyalty and by no means am i saying those guys are going but i do reckon we may be tested with Tropiano and offers from other wafl clubs in the next few months.

A player takes a pay cut in the AFL and he's still on 400k a year im not sure most WAFL players could take a hit in there pay packets.
The likes of Subi would go better and in some cases probably pay overs.

Last edit: by 30plusyeardrought.

What's the future hold? 7 years 8 months ago #103639

• Beasley Hutton
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 2876
DD & 30+ that mob are apparently working under the same salary cap ($250K?) as the rest of us tho I am continually amazed at how many players who requested $40-$60k from their original WAFL clubs before leaving end up there? :unsure: There must be a helluva lot of players on their list playing for free! :whistle:

Last edit: by Beasley Hutton.

What's the future hold? 7 years 8 months ago #103641

• DD
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

Beasley Hutton wrote: DD & 30+ that mob are apparently working under the same salary cap ($250K?) as the rest of us tho I am continually amazed at how many players who requested $40-$60k from their original WAFL clubs before leaving end up there? :unsure: There must be a helluva lot of players on their list playing for free! :whistle:

Nothing that a bit of creative accounting can't fix BH. Easily written off against the business. ;)
Get on your bike.

Moderators: Dazzler

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 571 guests and one member online

• Bulldog1990

Newest Footy Recruits

• Eddieskago
  • chaibrA
  • AbrahamErype
  • whatoma
  • ChrisGiple