Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Perth v Peel 7 years 8 months ago #100076

• Demons Forever
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 248
I'm with you Dazzler, we must give some of the kids game time.
Does Bereyne deserve a go at maybe reserve level? Is he a prospect for the future.
I also agree with you 30+ if we need a mature tall forward then maybe we can play with points.
I'm not sure the loss of Cary and Etto would outway the advantage of a good mature tall goal kicking forward.
having said that I wonder where Tunbridge, Colledge and McGuiness are at?
All handy 1 point returns.
It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It's the size of the fight in the dog.
Winning isn't everything. It's the ONLY THING !!!!!!
I shot the fukin sherriff!!!!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Perth v Peel 7 years 8 months ago #100077

• Peter North
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
I know he missed a few games through injury, but Spencer White hasn't fired a shot.

Perth v Peel 7 years 8 months ago #100080

• 30plusyeardrought
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 102

Peter North wrote: I know he missed a few games through injury, but Spencer White hasn't fired a shot.

Yep and we can see the reasons why St Kilda delisted him.
Big wraps on him before being drafted,perhaps a gun at the kid level and struggles against men?
Probably give him another year based on injury and getting used to WA conditions but gee he'd want to improve.
I would still target a noted goal kicking forward.

Perth v Peel 7 years 8 months ago #100092

• Demons Forever
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 248
Yep we need a tall to kick 50-60 at least.
It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It's the size of the fight in the dog.
Winning isn't everything. It's the ONLY THING !!!!!!
I shot the fukin sherriff!!!!

Perth v Peel 7 years 8 months ago #100093

• DD
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1357
I think Spencer was averaging two goals a game before he got injured and seeing it was shin splints maybe he was carrying that injury while he was playing and maybe still not 100% right. I think he's contracted for 2 or 3 years anyway. The weather hasn't been kind to tall forwards of late but hopefully he can show us something between now and the end of the season. Even Shane Yarran was struggling at Peel of late. I think the weather is a factor.
Get on your bike.
It was Adam and Eve not Adam and Steve.

Perth v Peel 7 years 8 months ago #100111

• Freezin
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 924

30plusyeardrought wrote:

Peter North wrote: I know he missed a few games through injury, but Spencer White hasn't fired a shot.

Big wraps on him before being drafted,perhaps a gun at the kid level and struggles against men?
Probably give him another year based on injury and getting used to WA conditions but gee he'd want to improve.

Surely you guys will get McInnes and Tunbridge back next year......between them there should be 50 goals.......and only 2 points total

Perth v Peel 7 years 8 months ago #100125

• 30plusyeardrought
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

Freezin wrote:

30plusyeardrought wrote:

Surely you guys will get McInnes and Tunbridge back next year......between them there should be 50 goals.......and only 2 points total

No I don't think we will I reckon they will be at the Eagles for at least the 2017 season.The 2 we may get back
are Colledge and Mzungu so a goal kicker still needed.

Perth v Peel 7 years 8 months ago #100147

• 30plusyeardrought
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

DD wrote: I think Spencer was averaging two goals a game before he got injured and seeing it was shin splints maybe he was carrying that injury while he was playing and maybe still not 100% right. I think he's contracted for 2 or 3 years anyway. The weather hasn't been kind to tall forwards of late but hopefully he can show us something between now and the end of the season. Even Shane Yarran was struggling at Peel of late. I think the weather is a factor.

His stats dont make for very good reading although the fact he hasnt played to many games is in his favour.
He has averaged 7 disposals,1 mark and 1 goal average per game,not great stats.

As far as the wet weather goes i reckon he may be used to those conditions coming from the wet heavy grounds of suburban Melbourne.

I agree we have to see what he's got for at least 1 more season that being said we still need to find a noted goal kicking kp forward.
Nothing wrong with having 2 or 3 talls in the forward line or at the very least having big man KPP depth in the club.

Perth v Peel 7 years 8 months ago #100153

• Dazzler
  • Thank you received: 391
Spencer is a leading forward with good speed and ground skills. He's not a great contested mark and ideally we'd be playing him up the ground more but in the absence of any alternative we've played him closer to goal and I don't reckon that is his best spot. Yes, definitely need to be in the market for a goal kicking full forward. The model to emulate is SF with Shaw and Saunders.

Moderators: Dazzler

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 316 guests and 3 members online

• one time only

Newest Footy Recruits

• aCoucky
  • whatoma
  • RobertPes
  • Lost WAFL
  • Duncs1977