Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Lathlain Redevelopment 7 years 11 months ago #93869

• DD
  • DD's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1357
Just heard on radio the WA government has signed off on a 10 million dollar grant to kick off the redevelopment. Of course no mention of Perth, only that it will be the new home of the West Coast Eagles. :evil:

Hopefully they aren't using the same contractors as Elizabeth Quay, can't even lay a sewerage pipe the right way. What does that mean anyway? The mind boggles. :ohmy:
Get on your bike.
It was Adam and Eve not Adam and Steve.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by DD.

Lathlain Redevelopment 7 years 11 months ago #93898

• Mr AFL
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 145
Good to see that the Eagles have finally got some funding. From what I gathered I think works will start very very soon in the carpark for the new oval which will be the same dimensions as the MCG.

Also I think we don't have to relocate like Claremont did which will be good.

Lathlain Redevelopment 7 years 11 months ago #93903

• Swandog
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 386

DD wrote: Just heard on radio the WA government has signed off on a 10 million dollar grant to kick off the redevelopment. Of course no mention of Perth, only that it will be the new home of the West Coast Eagles. :evil:

Hopefully they aren't using the same contractors as Elizabeth Quay, can't even lay a sewerage pipe the right way. What does that mean anyway? The mind boggles. :ohmy:

Haha I think the shit is flowing from Barnetts mouth!
Beneath the Southern cross i stand, on Bassendean Oval, can in hand, Swan Districts, you Farkin Beauty!

Lathlain Redevelopment 7 years 7 months ago #103560

• DD
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
So anyone know any details about the stages of this redevelopment? Obviously the two ovals and the Eagles new home base will go up first but when will our new facilities begin construction?

I think it's important we retain our existing facilities for as long as possible. I seem to recall that our function room would be retained I read somewhere. I guess what we don't want to end up with is something inferior in terms of capacity in the bar and function areas. We need to be smart about it and make this work in our favour. I can see our ground rivaling and probably surpassing Leederville Oval in terms of being considered for state games and pre season NAB Cup matches so we need to capitalize on those opportunities in the bar and food areas and any function opportunities similar to how SF, EP and Subiaco would capitalize on Fremantle practise matches, Eagles practice matches, state games etc...

We need our new function area to be elevated and facing the playing arena not tucked away out the back like our existing function and bar area.
Get on your bike.

Lathlain Redevelopment 7 years 7 months ago #103570

• Demons Forever
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 248
Weren't the plans released a year or 2 ago?
Our funding needs to be completed yet.
To finish of Vince's good work.
It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It's the size of the fight in the dog.
Winning isn't everything. It's the ONLY THING !!!!!!
I shot the fukin sherriff!!!!

Last edit: by Demons Forever.

Lathlain Redevelopment 7 years 7 months ago #103572

• DD
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Maybe the Eagles can give us 500 seats we have exclusive rights to as compensation for sharing our marvelous location? Nahhhh,,,,,, that would be an outrageous idea. :woohoo:

Ohh hang on a minute is there some other club who's already set a precident?
Get on your bike.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Beasley Hutton

Lathlain Redevelopment 7 years 7 months ago #103584

• Freezin
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 924
and if helped Perth to win 7 flags over the next 12 years, you Perth boys would grab it in a heart beat...... :whistle: ...probably even say it was good management from your board....... ;)

Lathlain Redevelopment 7 years 7 months ago #103611

• DD
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

Freezin wrote: and if helped Perth to win 7 flags over the next 12 years, you Perth boys would grab it in a heart beat...... :whistle: ...probably even say it was good management from your board....... ;)

Well we would use it wisely. First we would get our revenge and rape and pillage the Subiaco FC of their finest, then we would send the hand me downs we can't fit (or hide) in the salary cap to our SD and EF friends and drag you up with us and get the WAFL humming again. :lol:
Get on your bike.

Lathlain Redevelopment 7 years 7 months ago #103999

• DD
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
I drove past the old ground last night the playing surface is completely gone along with the tin shelter stands and can bar, the only things remaining are the grandstand obviously, scoreboard and funnily enough the food van next to the scoreboard.

My question is where are the lads going to be doing pre season training? We still have the gym and club rooms obviously. Will our games all be away games until the new surface is ready or will we be perhaps sharing the showgrounds with the Tigers on match days for home games?
Get on your bike.

Lathlain Redevelopment 7 years 7 months ago #104003

• Mr AFL
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 145
Training will be somewhere in Vic Park while we will have a bye and 3-4 away games to start season 2017.

Moderators: Dazzler

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 374 guests and no members online

Newest Footy Recruits

• whatoma
  • RobertPes
  • Lost WAFL
  • Duncs1977
  • MrBulldog2020