Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Swans v Perth 11 years 1 month ago #8057

• Demons Forever
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 248

Johnno wrote: (1) So don't go accusing me of coach bashing on a forum. (2) Too bad, when the club snubs it's own members then it gets what it deserves.

What?????????

(1) You are joking aren't you?
(2) Maybe there is a reason you are ignored. Do you go about it the right way?
It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It's the size of the fight in the dog.
Winning isn't everything. It's the ONLY THING !!!!!!
I shot the fukin sherriff!!!!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Swans v Perth 11 years 1 month ago #8059

• Johnno
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Demons Forever wrote:

Johnno wrote: (1) So don't go accusing me of coach bashing on a forum. (2) Too bad, when the club snubs it's own members then it gets what it deserves.

What?????????

(1) You are joking aren't you?
(2) Maybe there is a reason you are ignored. Do you go about it the right way?

Well here it is smart arse. I am interested in what others think? Did this email i sent to Perth president Vince Pendal on the 17th of April last year after the loss to WP from a paid up member deserve a response or was it abusive or derogatory to the president or the coach apart from expressing an opinion that he didn't have the ability to be a successful coach at this level?

Strictly Confidential – Vince Pendal.

Hello Vince,

Please sack the coach. This start to the season is unacceptable by anyones standards after all the great work done by the recruiting department. This time last year we had 3 wins on the board and 2 losses with half the talent. Subiaco have shown what you can achieve with the right men in charge. I also question who we have in charge of our strength and conditioning. We seem to run out of legs and can’t keep up with the opposition who seem to have no trouble keeping up with us.

I am not prepared to sit back and see another season float by without playing finals. I know you are a very passionate Perth man and you must be hurting like a lot of us are but you are in a position to make these decisions. Clubs that demand success do not sit back and tolerate a coach who isn’t delivering. Clearly we have the talent on the list this year. It could be argued we are still lacking in a few key area’s but I believe there is enough talent there to be much better than 1 and 4 after 5 games and the win over Peel was embarrassing to watch. We had the game in the bag at half time and should have rolled that mob by 10 – 12 goals easily. In the end I reckon we were lucky to scrape home with a win.

Vince many of us questioned the appointment of Damian McMahon and the people who always defend the club said give him a go. Well most of us have, we have laid off and given him the benefit of the doubt but this year he is being found out big time. It’s like giving a first year apprentice the best set of tools money can buy but if he doesn’t know how to use them he ain’t going to build you a good house or fix your car properly. I don’t care how many hours he puts in or how much he loves the club, that doesn’t win you football matches.

We need someone with football smarts who knows about the caper and I think it is even more important now we have so many experienced and highly credentialed players at the club that they have a coach they can respect when they listen to him talk. I’ve heard Adam Pickering a couple of times and I know a couple of EP supporters and they say Pickers is highly respected at EP and if Micale decides to leave the job is virtually his. While it is not ideal I think it also a good opportunity to hand the reigns to someone who is a potential league coach mid season and see how the players respond under his guidance and tutelage and you can also get feedback from the senior players at the end of the season and get a gut feel.

Claremont did exactly that when they sacked Roger Kerr and replaced him with Simon McPhee and look how that turned out for Claremont. Two grand finals and a flag. But I do not think we should be waiting until the season is shot as far as making the top four goes. Let’s act now while it is not too late. We just offer the job to Pickering for the remainder of the year without any promises beyond that and be up front that his performance will be assessed at the end of the year as to whether he will be offered a contract and that in the meantime the club will look for the best possible candidate to take us forward.

We desperately need someone who can turn this club around, someone who has the respect of the football world who will command nothing less than success. That’s what John Dimmer brought to WP and SF. I don’t think he really retired, I have a feeling he wanted the Claremont job and when South found out things turned ugly. I think despite his age he is still capable of coaching at WAFL level. Also we must approach Brian Dawson. I know he left Swans due to his work but he might miss it and be itching to get back into it. You never know if you don’t ask. He still commentates on 91.3fm I think it is.

Others to consider would be Ashley Prescott (assistant at Fremantle), Peter German who probably thought returning to Melbourne would give him a better chance of getting an AFL gig so he might be interested in coming back to WA.

This bloke in charge right now Vince is not going to bring us success. I would love to be proven wrong but I would also hate to see the club give him the rest of the season to try and save his coaching career at the expense of another season without finals. Adam Pickering is doing a great job with the reserves, the game plan looks solid and the skills I have never seen better from our reserves. Perhaps that is because the game plan and his instructions are simple and the players are not confused?

Successful clubs take action Vince, they don’t sit on their hands and watch failure take place each and every week. Would you do nothing if your business was bleeding and not making money? No you would act straight away to change it around. That’s what needs to happen here. One more thing, get rid of those useless assistants of his and let whoever takes over pick his own team of off field assistants.

I understand you are away and not due to return until the 26th of this month. I hope it’s not too late by then. The only thing that can save McMahon’s bacon is a comprehensive win over Subiaco this week but even then I have my doubts.

Regards,

D.W
Mobile number provided

And i might add this was well before i found out they had added another year to his contract, which probably explains why the Perth president didn't respond, he was too embarrassed to tell me (and other paid up Perth members) they had already extended his contract.

Last edit: by Johnno.

Swans v Perth 11 years 1 month ago #8062

• Baseline
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 15
You dont like Damien.

We get it.

Move on.

Swans v Perth 11 years 1 month ago #8069

• Demon Strate
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 11
Perth Colts played a squad of 35 over 6 x 15 minute quarters, won about 13 goals to 11 against Swans on Friday night, Swans played a big number of players too. They was some solid players for Perth

Swans v Perth 11 years 1 month ago #8070

• Demon Strate
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 11
How did the Perth Reserves go ?

Swans v Perth 11 years 1 month ago #8079

• Jebus
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 0

Johnno wrote: So Jebus do we all form a circle and hold hands and sing Kum Ba Ya my Lord? What does that achieve? I prefer to be honest instead of sweeping things under the carpet and pretend there isn't a problem like Demons Forever does.

If you think that's what I meant, then you've missed my point. The Perth Football Club keeps serving up sh-t sandwiches year after year and there are people who will munch away saying "my my isn't that good" while others think to themselves "hoooly f**, I'm not staying around to eat that!" and get themselves away from the stench. You on the other hand notice what it is and instead of getting away from it hang around constantly asking why people are accepting that kind of thing.

It's not popular constantly going on about the elephant in the room, no one wants to see it.

I feel bad for you because you clearly love the club in some perverse way, genuinely want to see it successful and stick around in the hope of seeing it happen. It's like a bad investment people keep pouring money into because in one way they know its not going to give a return but they've come so far that they cant walk away, it'd be embarrassing to cut the losses and get out.

I cant see it ever happening at this football club and especially not this year and not next year either because DM will more than likely be at the helm.

If in the unlikely even that this club does anything useful, I hope all the supports extend olive branches after all the years of animosity because at the end of the day you all care about and want the same thing.

Swans v Perth 11 years 1 month ago #8129

• Time For a Flag
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • The VFL is not the AFL
  • Thank you received: 133
Pretty well said Jebus. Excepting I always think we can win. This year being no exception.
Victorians still laugh at West Aussies because of the way we bailed out the vfl and then allowed it to be called it the AFL!

Swans v Perth 11 years 1 month ago #8130

• Demons Forever
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 248
TFAF, we all live in hope.
It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It's the size of the fight in the dog.
Winning isn't everything. It's the ONLY THING !!!!!!
I shot the fukin sherriff!!!!

Swans v Perth 11 years 1 month ago #8149

• BoomerMan
  • Thank you received: 0

Jebus wrote:

Johnno wrote: So Jebus do we all form a circle and hold hands and sing Kum Ba Ya my Lord? What does that achieve? I prefer to be honest instead of sweeping things under the carpet and pretend there isn't a problem like Demons Forever does.

If you think that's what I meant, then you've missed my point. The Perth Football Club keeps serving up sh-t sandwiches year after year and there are people who will munch away saying "my my isn't that good" while others think to themselves "hoooly f**, I'm not staying around to eat that!" and get themselves away from the stench. You on the other hand notice what it is and instead of getting away from it hang around constantly asking why people are accepting that kind of thing.

It's not popular constantly going on about the elephant in the room, no one wants to see it.

I feel bad for you because you clearly love the club in some perverse way, genuinely want to see it successful and stick around in the hope of seeing it happen. It's like a bad investment people keep pouring money into because in one way they know its not going to give a return but they've come so far that they cant walk away, it'd be embarrassing to cut the losses and get out.

I cant see it ever happening at this football club and especially not this year and not next year either because DM will more than likely be at the helm.

If in the unlikely even that this club does anything useful, I hope all the supports extend olive branches after all the years of animosity because at the end of the day you all care about and want the same thing.

I am surprised there are intelligent people on here. Well said.

Swans v Perth 11 years 1 month ago #8153

• Johnno
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Jebus I agree with your assessment of the Perth FC both past, present and immediate future. Some people might want to conveniently overlook the elephant in the room as you put it but the fact is he remains a key player that goes a long way to determining wether the club is successful on the field or not.

So there is no use denying it and hiding from it . Surely you are taking the piss when you say he is most likely to see the whole year out and get another contract extension or perhaps you have just resigned yourself that the club will continue to make poor decisions?

Last edit: by Johnno.
Moderators: Dazzler

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 720 guests and no members online

Newest Footy Recruits

• ChrisGiple
  • Roberttag
  • Edwinric
  • Lost WAFL
  • Duncs1977