Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Lathlain Oval 11 years 1 month ago #7682

• Mr AFL
  • Mr AFL's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 145

Time For a Flag wrote: I have been trying to follow the development for ages AFL. I have messaged the council look up on the net asked Brian Leys when he was around. But basically just stumbled across this when googling the same.

I like preferred option. No chance the club would block this. I will call the club today and ask them to put an official response out.

Cheers TFAF, let us know what they say :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Lathlain Oval 11 years 1 month ago #7683

• Mr AFL
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

Demons Forever wrote:

Mr AFL wrote: Where did you find this TFAF? I like the look of the new functions centre? I'm just curious though what happens to the pig pen and the inside of the current grandstand? i.e. the changerooms, president's lounge and current bar and past players rooms?

My take on it is that the existing facility is re-furbished.

I may be wrong but I think I read it right.

On further reflection and a decent nights sleep ;) I came to the same conclusion DF. Judjing by the sounds of it all the coaches, medical, locker room, property room etc appears to be now located on the ground floor of the new building. With all that space available I wonder what they will build there. That is if it gets the go ahead :dry: Hopefully it does as the preffered design looks brilliant.

Lathlain Oval 11 years 1 month ago #7686

• Demons Forever
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 248
Then I take it DD Mr Grump PHD, would have known about the discussions representatives of the Club had a couple of years ago when a proposal was mooted by some influential members of the Club.

Maybe Grumpy, I know more than you think.

Not sensitive DD, maybe Grump needs to be more careful how he puts things. If you read his post it tends to criticise the Club for not doing anything which is the furthest from the truth. Although you would tend to agree with Grump purely to have a go at the Club.

Which is your norm.
It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It's the size of the fight in the dog.
Winning isn't everything. It's the ONLY THING !!!!!!
I shot the fukin sherriff!!!!

Lathlain Oval 11 years 1 month ago #7687

• Demons Forever
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Mr AFL it is a great initiative. Who is behind the proposal I am not sure.

It will be interesting to see what TFAF has to say after talking to the Club.

I would be surprised if the Club wasn't kicking and scratching on this.

The WAFC have been very supportive of the Club in recent years & I would hope they're behind us on this.

It sounds like planning to me.
It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It's the size of the fight in the dog.

Lathlain Oval 11 years 1 month ago #7746

• Time For a Flag
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • The VFL is not the AFL
  • Thank you received: 133
Emailed Kerri-Anne and asked her to get the club to put the proposal on the club web site to get it out to the public and in discussion, let the members have a say on it ect ect.

She replied saying that she would speak to Marty.

Can I encourage everyone else to talk (nicely - no blazing guns) to people in the know. Maybe Council and the Liberal MP Irons as well.

This would be great.

I am looking forward to the Claremont development as well.
Victorians still laugh at West Aussies because of the way we bailed out the vfl and then allowed it to be called it the AFL!

Lathlain Oval 11 years 1 month ago #7881

• Time For a Flag
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • The VFL is not the AFL
People it looks like the proposal
has been removed from the web.

Was at the game today and spoke to Neil Darby and Vince Pendal about the proposal.

Both very excited about it and Neil is on the committe that includes the town of vic park etc etc.

It seems this poposal is unofficial and still in the development stage. Costings as presented very much up in the air and who pays for what in a similar state.

I didn't talk to these guys for long but got the impressing that the ball is indeed rolling and by no means is the club blocking this proposal.

I think we as members should ask for an update on negotiations for late next month. Maybe make it a thursday night training thing. Thursday 25 April is Anzac Day playing EP at Lathlian that day so lets go for Thursday 2nd May and make an evening of it.

Who's interested. I will try and talk to the club if 3 or 4 of you guys reply in the affirmative.

TFAF
Victorians still laugh at West Aussies because of the way we bailed out the vfl and then allowed it to be called it the AFL!

Lathlain Oval 11 years 1 month ago #7883

• Before the Bounce
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Time For a Flag wrote: People it looks like the proposal
has been removed from the web.

Was at the game today and spoke to Neil Darby and Vince Pendal about the proposal.

Both very excited about it and Neil is on the committe that includes the town of vic park etc etc.

It seems this poposal is unofficial and still in the development stage. Costings as presented very much up in the air and who pays for what in a similar state.

I didn't talk to these guys for long but got the impressing that the ball is indeed rolling and by no means is the club blocking this proposal.

I think we as members should ask for an update on negotiations for late next month. Maybe make it a thursday night training thing. Thursday 25 April is Anzac Day playing EP at Lathlian that day so lets go for Thursday 2nd May and make an evening of it.

Who's interested. I will try and talk to the club if 3 or 4 of you guys reply in the affirmative.

TFAF

Sounds Good TFAF catch you then :woohoo: I will bring the lemon chicken :woohoo:

Last edit: by Before the Bounce.

Lathlain Oval 11 years 1 month ago #7884

• Time For a Flag
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • The VFL is not the AFL
BTB,
I'm not sure what that face at Nd of post means. Please confirm.

Lathlain Oval 11 years 1 month ago #7889

• Demons Forever
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
TFAF, you too kind to him.

Keep us informed, I'll be there.

Thursday nights training the PPAOA have the President's lounge bar open.

Lathlain Oval 11 years 1 month ago #7920

• Mr AFL
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
I hope that they keep pushing for this, it's something that's been much needed at Lathlain for a long time.

Moderators: Dazzler

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 297 guests and no members online

Newest Footy Recruits

• aCoucky
  • whatoma
  • RobertPes
  • Lost WAFL
  • Duncs1977