Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Congrats to our administrators 11 years 3 months ago #4227

• dogman
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 18
I say well done to the Perth water boys who topped the WAFL table by delivering on average 132.67 drinks per game last year. The average amount of fluid received per transaction was 54.98ml (second only to SD as they had to get down several tablets as well) and they mannaged to spend the least amount of time on the playing surface recording an average of 3.14 mins per quarter.

Well done to the PFC - leaders in WAFL water administration!! - :side:

Be proud - Be PERTH.
SFFC - WOOF WOOF

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Congrats to our administrators 11 years 3 months ago #4228

• smokey
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 217
You're right 30+. Other clubs have overcome their own financial problems and still played finals and still won flags.
Our own lack of success hurts me as much as you and every other supporter.
But it is important to acknowledge that our club went within a "mickey" hair of oblivion some 10 or 12 years ago and yet we pulled ourselves off the mat and got the club back on track with sound financial management by living within our means.
The determination to achieve that has not been translated to on field success and that is what has long needed to be addressed.
Ours is a proud club with passionate supporters but the lack of success on field has divided that supporter base and that division will grow wider the longer that success eludes us.
It is time for all Perth supporters to unite behind the club, support the players and coaches, the Board and staff, support the club functions and let's get Perth back to where we belong.
Don't leave it all to the faithful few or we shall surely die.

Last edit: by smokey.

Congrats to our administrators 11 years 3 months ago #4233

• Time For a Flag
  • Time For a Flag's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • The VFL is not the AFL
  • Thank you received: 133
Jesus people. I am just saying it is a good thing that we don't have the debt of EP and SD.

EP btw have only won flags since the 70s while aligned to WC and SD only pulled one out of their arse by a Kracker since the eighties.

Only clubs to have had real success in the last 30 years has been Claremont and Subi. The rich boys.
Victorians still laugh at West Aussies because of the way we bailed out the vfl and then allowed it to be called it the AFL!

Congrats to our administrators 11 years 3 months ago #4237

• Mr AFL
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 145

Time For a Flag wrote: Only clubs to have had real success in the last 30 years has been Claremont and Subi. The rich boys.

Claremont have operated at a financial loss for the last 2 years!

Congrats to our administrators 11 years 3 months ago #4239

• Jebus
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 0

Dazzler wrote: Seriously, this would have to be the most mental post I’ve seen on OzFooty since its inception.

Because other clubs have fked up, we’re going great guns????? What kind of insane logic is that. The baseline is…shit admin at other clubs = we should be grateful our club isn’t so financially inept.

Seriously mate, keep chasing butterflies.

No no no, you're being negative. No negativity at this club etc.. :whistle:

Congrats to our administrators 11 years 3 months ago #4240

• Jebus
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 0

smokey wrote: So, what you guys are saying.. correct me if I am wrong.... you would rather have your club owing hundreds of thousands of dollars rather than being in the responsible and stable financial position that it is in.
UNBELIEVABLE

So the club has not had onfield success for 35 years... that hurts all of us. But had it not been for the adoption of sound management principals at our club the WAFL could have been reverted to an 8 team comp long ago.

You put the club down at every turn, unrelentlessly, and still call yourselves supporters. You don't have to agree with everything but a little genuine credit, encouragement and gratitude OCCASIONALLY would not go astray.
Too easy to sit behind your computers and continually criticise. How many of you have ever got involved in some capacity at the club and tried to make a difference?

Nobody wants a dead club, but the WAFC might put us out of our misery anyway.

I'd rather be wound up insolvent and celebrate a premiership or two than this lingering death that's hanging over us for being a basket case on field.

It's like the bloke who saves each and every penny throughout his working life, never going out, never going on that overseas trip, just banking every spare coin. Sure he's going to be able to exist throughout retirement but he's never done anything exciting in his life either.

Last edit: by Jebus.

Congrats to our administrators 11 years 3 months ago #4244

• smokey
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 217
Perhaps you're right Jebus but if we were insolvent we couldn't operate so there would be no premiership.
I do believe that a responsible and stable financial policy is essential. What we have to do is, once and for all, get our Sh*t together on field. I hope that what is happening at the club now is a step in that direction.

Congrats to our administrators 11 years 3 months ago #4255

• Beasley Hutton
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 2874

Time For a Flag wrote: Jesus people. I am just saying it is a good thing that we don't have the debt of EP and SD.

EP btw have only won flags since the 70s while aligned to WC and SD only pulled one out of their arse by a Kracker since the eighties.

Only clubs to have had real success in the last 30 years has been Claremont and Subi. The rich boys.

Swans have won 5 premierships in the last 30 years you realise! :blush:

Congrats to our administrators 11 years 3 months ago #4259

• Demons Forever
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 248
Jebus, why would the WAFC "put us out of misery"?

They would have to withdraw our licence and on what grounds would they do that?

WE have worked very hard with the WAFL over the past decade.

That has included many facets of our business.

The comments just seem uninformed to me.
It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It's the size of the fight in the dog.
Winning isn't everything. It's the ONLY THING !!!!!!
I shot the fukin sherriff!!!!

Congrats to our administrators 11 years 3 months ago #4304

• Johnno
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
DF, Smokey, most supporters have been behind this club for many many years and thrown their support behind the club only to end up with egg on their faces and hence why supporters are fed up and the decisions and appointments that this club makes are staggering and they don't give a shit what supporters think, that is clear and obvious. So as far as I am concerned this club has made it's bed and now it can lay in it and we are seeing the results of their decisions.

Moderators: Dazzler

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 703 guests and no members online

Newest Footy Recruits

• Lost WAFL
  • Duncs1977
  • MrBulldog2020
  • MrBulldog
  • FremantlesFinest