Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

If the Bar was open........... 11 years 3 months ago #3734

• Mr AFL
  • Mr AFL's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 145
The other day I was thinking about ways for WAFL clubs to make extra money. Coincidentally over at 'The Bar' we were talking about the price of Beer in pubs these days. This got me thinking that why don't more clubs open up their bars 1-2 days a week. I know East Fremantle were open from 4pm-6pm most nights last year. I guess the question I am asking is that if the bar was open on a Friday night and maybe either a Saturday night or on a Sunday, would you go?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

If the Bar was open........... 11 years 3 months ago #3749

• 58shark
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 553
From my point of view mate, if I lived over EF way I would patronise it as much as possible...even if only for a meal and a cool drink. Unfortunately, I live in Bombo Valley and I ain't gunna support BHP Oval.
2x25= Seinor and Michael = 1xBrian Peake

If the Bar was open........... 11 years 3 months ago #3753

• Demons Forever
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 248
Mr AFL, I think you will find during the season the PP&OA open the president's lounge on a Friday night for training.

Ask Kotchie, I'm pretty sure they will do it again this year.
It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It's the size of the fight in the dog.
Winning isn't everything. It's the ONLY THING !!!!!!
I shot the fukin sherriff!!!!

If the Bar was open........... 11 years 3 months ago #3757

• Mr AFL
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
In summer time aswell I reckon it would be a way for supporters to keep in touch. Also you could send out panphlets to the surrounding houses with a 10-15 minute walk to the ground. I'm sure you could speak to the southern gazette or the people that send out the catelogues every week.

If the Bar was open........... 11 years 3 months ago #3758

• Mr AFL
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

Demons Forever wrote: Mr AFL, I think you will find during the season the PP&OA open the president's lounge on a Friday night for training.

Ask Kotchie, I'm pretty sure they will do it again this year.

That's all well and good DF and a step in the right direction but that doesn't open till 5:30pm doesn't it? The presidents lounge is good put it's not the same as the bar is. Also alot of workers finish early on Friday and are already at the pub by 5:30pm hence why some don't come to the club. If it was open at an earlier time I reckon we could see more people down there.

If the Bar was open........... 11 years 3 months ago #3769

• Demons Forever
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 248
I have always found that there is usually someone around at 5.00.

Could always rustle up the key and help yourself.

We are talking good honest Perth supporters here.

I hear what your saying about the promotion, have a word to Marty about it, I'm sure he would listen.
It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It's the size of the fight in the dog.
Winning isn't everything. It's the ONLY THING !!!!!!
I shot the fukin sherriff!!!!

If the Bar was open........... 11 years 3 months ago #3805

• 30plusyeardrought
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 102

Mr AFL wrote: The other day I was thinking about ways for WAFL clubs to make extra money. Coincidentally over at 'The Bar' we were talking about the price of Beer in pubs these days. This got me thinking that why don't more clubs open up their bars 1-2 days a week. I know East Fremantle were open from 4pm-6pm most nights last year. I guess the question I am asking is that if the bar was open on a Friday night and maybe either a Saturday night or on a Sunday, would you go?

You would be relying too much on supporters living locally or the local community.
Gone are the days where the bulk of your supporters lived in the district,Carlisle,Vic Park,Belmont,Bentley,Wilson etc...like Shark 58 most i reckon live miles away and are more likely to keep there drinking closer to home.

You would only get the "local diehards" that can walk there and how many would that be...not enough to flick the light switch on i reckon.
Sporting clubs sadly dont get enough local interest,maybe if they put on 12 dollar sunday roasts you may get some coming through the door but im sure thats probably been tried in the past and failed.

Last edit: by 30plusyeardrought.

If the Bar was open........... 11 years 3 months ago #3962

• Mr AFL
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
I reckon you could atleast get 10-15 supporters maybe 20 there on a Friday. If you you do a letter drop from Oats Street to Burswood Road and Orrong Road to Sheeperton Road. Thats a fair amonut of houses and if advertised right and done properely I reckon on top of some members and some people from around the local community that like a beer at the end of the week and are sick of paying top dollar prices, there could be a market there of a regular crowd of 40 people maybe more that could come.

Even if the club only makes $200 a week profit from opening up on a Friday thats an extra $10400 a year.

If the Bar was open........... 11 years 3 months ago #3970

• 30plusyeardrought
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 102

Mr AFL wrote: I reckon you could atleast get 10-15 supporters maybe 20 there on a Friday. If you you do a letter drop from Oats Street to Burswood Road and Orrong Road to Sheeperton Road. Thats a fair amonut of houses and if advertised right and done properely I reckon on top of some members and some people from around the local community that like a beer at the end of the week and are sick of paying top dollar prices, there could be a market there of a regular crowd of 40 people maybe more that could come.

Even if the club only makes $200 a week profit from opening up on a Friday thats an extra $10400 a year.

The Clubs been there for 50 plus years people living in and around the suburb know they can have a drink there....and dont.
10 or 15 is not worth opening the doors for by the time you pay bar staff,overheads etc...no money in it.
The day of regular die hards drinking in the bar on a friday night have gone.

Theres too many alternatives out there for people.

What your saying sounds good but in reallity its not going to happen.

Last edit: by 30plusyeardrought.

If the Bar was open........... 11 years 3 months ago #3973

• Mr AFL
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

30plusyeardrought wrote:

Mr AFL wrote: I reckon you could atleast get 10-15 supporters maybe 20 there on a Friday. If you you do a letter drop from Oats Street to Burswood Road and Orrong Road to Sheeperton Road. Thats a fair amonut of houses and if advertised right and done properely I reckon on top of some members and some people from around the local community that like a beer at the end of the week and are sick of paying top dollar prices, there could be a market there of a regular crowd of 40 people maybe more that could come.

The Clubs been there for 50 plus years people living in and around the suburb know they can have a drink there....and dont.
10 or 15 is not worth opening the doors for by the time you pay bar staff,overheads etc...no money in it.
The day of regular die hards drinking in the bar on a friday night have gone.

Theres too many alternatives out there for people.

What your saying sounds good but in reallity its not going to happen.

I said 10-15 maybe 20 supporters, topped up with maybe 20 from around the area.

Moderators: Dazzler

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 380 guests and no members online

Newest Footy Recruits

• whatoma
  • RobertPes
  • Lost WAFL
  • Duncs1977
  • MrBulldog2020