Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Jared Risol 11 years 3 months ago #3572

• smokey
  • smokey's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 217
I incorrectly started this thread on another topic.
I think that it was Redlegs70 who first mentioned Jared Risol as a possible gain.
Very hard to find out too much about him .. 193cm 22yo KPP from Werribee Tigers.
Played more ressies than senior VFL. Found a pic of him.. good build etc and looks like a footballer, but, can he play??? Could be another expensive ressies player at 10 points ?? or could he be a real find ??
Does anyone know anything more about him? Is he a likely recruit?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Jared Risol 11 years 3 months ago #3574

• Demons Forever
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 248
The only info I have found is what was on the Werribee site.

I am assuming he has been recruited but he does not appear on the website as yet.
It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It's the size of the fight in the dog.
Winning isn't everything. It's the ONLY THING !!!!!!
I shot the fukin sherriff!!!!

Jared Risol 11 years 3 months ago #3658

• 30plusyeardrought
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 102
Got the following gains and losses from another site and he doesnt appear as a gain.

GAINS:
Jarrad Irons - AFL/Port Adelaide
Chance Bateman - Hawthorn
Dene White - returns
Tyson Rowling - West Perth
Kyle Reimers - AFL/Essendon
Jackson Sketcher - Frankston/VFL
Harrison Morgan - East Perth

LOSSES:
Jarrod Kayler-Thomson - Subiaco
Lane Spanderman - retired
Tim Noakes - country
Aaron Elari - Swan Districts
Ben Noakes - country
Dean Kent - AFL/Melbourne
Nick Lower - AFL/Western Bulldogs
Liam Smith - Claremont
Matt Rodgers - Swan Districts
Andrew McDougall - Subiaco
Ross Young - Victoria
Jaeger O’Meara - AFL/Gold Coast

So mid Jan is there more recruiting to come?
Hope there is as i think we desperately need it!
Its getting closer to the first scratchie.

Jared Risol 11 years 3 months ago #3663

• 1961Demon
  • Thank you received: 0
My understanding is that Jared is at the club and training. I noticed a large bodied fellow on the track last week and was told by a club official that it was Jared Risol. He looked a good size and was out in front of the pack during one of the 3km time trials. Like everyone else, I hope he can also play!!
I was also advised that another lad had just walked in last week from another WAFL club, not a big name/reputation player, but I did recognise the name and have seen him play. He is a tall big bodied back-man and I think his playing history is probably 60% league and 40% reserves. Seems silly but I can't remember his surname whilst writing this, it was a fairly common surname and there's probably a few of them scattered throughout the league, so I won't speculate on how I think it is. I understand that the club is still pursuing an established ruckman and a full-forward.
My honest assessment is that I think we will probably still struggle a bit this year (as per this time every year, I hope to God I'm wrong), but I will give the club some credit....they are definitely trying to turn things around.

Jared Risol 11 years 3 months ago #3664

• La Hincha
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Which club was the WAFL player from?

Jared Risol 11 years 3 months ago #3665

• 1961Demon
Peel

Jared Risol 11 years 3 months ago #3666

• smokey
  • smokey's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 217
Yes, I think that I saw the same bloke and he was way out in front of the 3km trial. Certainly looked a good size and has a big tank so hopefully he can play.
I agree that the club is working very hard at turning things around in all aspects.I have been impressed with the discipline, commitment and focus being shown at training and that will need to be translated to performance in games once the season begins. Otherwise, De Jevu.
As far as recruiting is concerned it seems that this year has been very difficult for most clubs to attract highly rated players. We have done well to get Reimers, Bateman, and Irons from the AFL and Sketcher from the VFL.
It is pleasing that we are on the trail of an experienced ruckman and full forward. My main concern is whether or not we can add any height to the backline.

Last edit: by smokey.

Jared Risol 11 years 3 months ago #3670

• 1961Demon
I agree with you Smokey; my main concern is our backline. I think our mid-field will be OK, but I'd prefer to see one more top class mid-fielder in there and obviously a recognised ruckman. In saying that Christian Eyres does look in first class nick and their are a few big lads training at the moment, but I'd prefer a recognised ruckman with Eyres and the others providing the support. I also think we will have enough options up forward to keep opposition back-men on their toes.
But without some really serious (and big) support down back I think we will still struggle to contain opposition key forwards. Just consider Peel and all those young talls that have just been gifted to them by Fremantle; if they all went and postioned themselves forward it would be a 'david and goliath' battle against us.

Jared Risol 11 years 3 months ago #3675

• Mr AFL
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 145

30plusyeardrought wrote: Got the following gains and losses from another site and he doesnt appear as a gain.

GAINS:
Jarrad Irons - AFL/Port Adelaide
Chance Bateman - Hawthorn
Dene White - returns
Tyson Rowling - West Perth
Kyle Reimers - AFL/Essendon
Jackson Sketcher - Frankston/VFL
Harrison Morgan - East Perth

LOSSES:
Jarrod Kayler-Thomson - Subiaco
Lane Spanderman - retired
Tim Noakes - country
Aaron Elari - Swan Districts
Ben Noakes - country
Dean Kent - AFL/Melbourne
Nick Lower - AFL/Western Bulldogs
Liam Smith - Claremont
Matt Rodgers - Swan Districts
Andrew McDougall - Subiaco
Ross Young - Victoria
Jaeger O’Meara - AFL/Gold Coast

So mid Jan is there more recruiting to come?
Hope there is as i think we desperately need it!
Its getting closer to the first scratchie.

Which site was this 30 plus?

Jared Risol 11 years 3 months ago #3678

• Mr AFL
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 145

1961Demon wrote: I agree with you Smokey; my main concern is our backline. I think our mid-field will be OK, but I'd prefer to see one more top class mid-fielder in there and obviously a recognised ruckman. In saying that Christian Eyres does look in first class nick and their are a few big lads training at the moment, but I'd prefer a recognised ruckman with Eyres and the others providing the support. I also think we will have enough options up forward to keep opposition back-men on their toes.
But without some really serious (and big) support down back I think we will still struggle to contain opposition key forwards. Just consider Peel and all those young talls that have just been gifted to them by Fremantle; if they all went and postioned themselves forward it would be a 'david and goliath' battle against us.

Yep the backline is probably most ordinary part of our squad. Hopefully Jarred Rissol is made official by the end of the week. Hope that ruckmen you mentioned is Andrew Ruck or someone of the same calibre. In regards to the other backman hopefully he is tall and big bodied like you said. Can you remember his name yet? haha :P

With Rissol and ths backman from Peel, along with Holland, Salmon, Houghton and hopefully Zucconi and Billings that's atleast 7 talls to chose from down there.

Moderators: Dazzler

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 222 guests and 5 members online

• Shark Tragic
  • Swedgen
  • Ted Nugent
  • royallucky
  • Frothy

Newest Footy Recruits

• Lost WAFL