Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Notice: Undefined offset: 1 in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 69
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

2013 Perth Club Legend 11 years 3 months ago #2167

• Lucifer
  • Lucifer's Avatar Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 0
Well the years almost gone and its time to say thank you to yet another club legend who helped us through the trials of yet another unsuccessful year.....Thank you Pat Dalton.

But its time to start thinking about the next club champion who will be presented with the honour of being the 2013 club legend. I know we have had many worthy recipiants of this accolade over the last 20 years and my question to you is who should it be?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

2013 Perth Club Legend 11 years 3 months ago #2226

• Lucifer
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
OK demons fans looks like you need a bit of help. Heres a bit of a list that I found. Sorry if some of these guys have already been legends but without the official list its hard to make sure. Maybe one of you or someone from the club can enlighten us.

I have included some modern post 78 GF players to see if anyone has opinion on them also.

I have left all the past legends that I know about off the list!

Paddy Astone
Winston Abraham
Steven Armstrong
Adrian Barich
Greg Bennett
Neville Beard
Peter Bosustow (not sure if already a living legend)
Greg Brehaut
Shane Cable
Brian Conduit
Troy Cook
Bryan Cousins (not sure if already a living legend)
Willie Dick
Gibilini
Len Gandini
Steve hargreave
Graham Jensen
Merv Kelly
Shane Porter
Frank Pyke
Mick Rea
Wim Rosbender
Wayne Ryder
Frank Dickie Walker

Thoughts.....anyone?.no really.........anyone??

2013 Perth Club Legend 11 years 3 months ago #2227

• terror
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 30
Grassy?

2013 Perth Club Legend 11 years 3 months ago #2239

• smokey
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 213
Lucifer, it is "living" legend. Sadly Greg Brehaut and Frank Pyke are no longer with us.
Paddy Astone has already been the living legend - 2011 I think.

Add to your list not necessarily in any order... Tom Davis, Mal Atwell, Ian Miller, Rob Wiley (tho he is now at Carlton), Ken Inman, Bob Page and many more.

Hey DF. What about Shane Evans??????

2013 Perth Club Legend 11 years 3 months ago #2240

• Freezin
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 920
don't forget Brian Peake and Perth prodigy Ben Cousins fella's.....I remember Grassy telling a heart felt story of young Ben leading the Perth side out as a little un!!......and also the story of Bomber Peake being stolen from Perth's junior zone of Manning....

2013 Perth Club Legend 11 years 3 months ago #2241

• Demons Forever
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 247
Sadly he lines up next me.

Sitting in the stands.

Although I must admit one Jayden Pitt almost took over the mantle in the "Shane Evans Stand".

I guess you're right that's almost legend status isn't it. For all the wrong reasons.
It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It's the size of the fight in the dog.
Winning isn't everything. It's the ONLY THING !!!!!!
I shot the fukin sherriff!!!!

Last edit: by Demons Forever.

2013 Perth Club Legend 11 years 3 months ago #2246

• smokey
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

Demons Forever wrote: Sadly he lines up next me.

Sitting in the stands.

Although I must admit one Jayden Pitt almost took over the mantle in the "Shane Evans Stand".

I guess you're right that's almost legend status isn't it. For all the wrong reasons.

Shane Evans Hall of Fame. The only Perth player to have a Hall of Fame named after him. In recent years quite a few have been inducted into the Hall of Fame... sometimes a weekly occurence during the footy season. But only Shane has legend status.

2013 Perth Club Legend 11 years 3 months ago #2261

• Lucifer
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
Thenks for your input boys.

Smokey I for one are shoked that that the previous players you mentioned have not had legend status already! Of course miller,atwell, wiley etc are dead set legends and my limited knowledge of the legends criteria assumed they had already been elevate to club legend! If thats the case maybe there are other reasons why they have not been selected i.e. cant commit, not available etc Also not knowing who is still alive is another downfall of my youth unfotunately.

Freezin the poaching of peake to become the stalwart of easts was truley a low point in Perths history even though he did return for a couple of seasons as a token gesture if nothing else.

Freezin heres a good story for ya. I am 33 years old and yes I used to run around old lathlain as a wipper snapper while the old man was in the bar way after dark kicking a footy and playing in the bushes on the railway line fence with another young fella yours truley another wipper named Benny cousins! So yes benny has a history at pfc whether he likes it or not!

Boys you mentioned the shane evans stand ? is that the visitors stand to the right of the main GS?

Again thanks for your updates!

2013 Perth Club Legend 11 years 3 months ago #2264

• smokey
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Lucifer, I am not aware whether or not the club has a Hall of Fame.I don't think there is. We certainly had a team of the century (20th that is).
The living legend idea, I believe, was an initiative if the WAFl. Each year every WAFL club nominates their Living Legend and there is a football with the legend photo on it and is used for the club's home games. Someone please elaborate and/or correct me if I am wrong.
Each year the legend gets involved back at the club and helps in promoting club spirit and allows members and supporters to honour our very best.
This was introduced only a few years ago so that is why so many of our greatest players have not yet been nominated. It is not that they don't deserve the honour but we can only have one a year. From memory such champions as Merv McIntosh, Ken Armstrong, Bert Wansborough, Paddy Astone, Pat Dalton have been the legend, amongst others.
As for the Shane Evans Hall of Fame it is just a light hearted joke. A group of supporters who gather at home games in front of the grandstand just below the President's lounge at an area more commonly known as "the wall" "invite" any player who they feel is not switched on during any game to come and stand with them in the "Shane Evans Stand" and watch the game with them..

Last edit: by smokey.

2013 Perth Club Legend 11 years 3 months ago #2265

• SuperDude
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 7
The next blokes for Legend status should be Ken Inman or Wim Rosbender.

They are often at home games and a remaining link to the last successful era.

Chubby Stiles was a Legend in 2009 if I recall but he also deserves another go for the all the work that lad does for the joint.

• Page:
Moderators: Dazzler

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 234 guests and 5 members online

• Royals78
  • Time For a Flag
  • one time only
  • Southerner
  • Johnny Leonard

Newest Footy Recruits