Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

cruits 11 years 4 months ago #1443

• smokey
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 217

Talking Footy wrote: Are you going to the meeting tonight?

I shall be there along with all fellow loyal members and I will be pleasantly surprised if the Club"s harshest critics on this and other forums attend to ask the "hard" questions and put their points of view face to face to the President and the Board.
Their non attendance will be a disappointment.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

cruits 11 years 4 months ago #1444

• SuperDude
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 7
Yep, I'll be there.

cruits 11 years 4 months ago #1451

• 30plusyeardrought
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 102
Smokey do you believe the club should not be critised on these forums that are all things footy related?

I have been to AGM's in the past where members have tried to get a point of view accross thats classed as different to the norm and all that has happened is they get drowned out by those that will have none of it.

36 years since our last premieship,hardly any finals appearances at all since the seventies,rumoured player departures this season i'd be surprised if even your goodself Smokey didnt ask the "hard questions".

I also think you will find Smokey that a lot of supporters/members have just given up altogether.

Last edit: by 30plusyeardrought.

cruits 11 years 4 months ago #1456

• smokey
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 217
It is nothing to do with what some critics say. It is about how they say it and the prolonged and sometimes abusive attacks on individuals. I do not have a problem with people making constructive criticsm.

However,a day rarely goes by without personal attacks some of which border on defamation and certainly character assasination. That is not freedom of speech IMO.
And it has not worked. Right or wrong DM is the coach for season 2013.

You don't have to like it but it is not going to change. Happenings during next season can always bring change but for now DM is the coach.

That is not to say I don't have personal views on the matter but,come what may,
I am not going to hide behind my keyboard and spew vitriolic verbal diahorrea.

It is time for people to get over it by stepping forward and declaring "I can make a change."

See you tonight 501. Your chance.

Last edit: by smokey.

cruits 11 years 4 months ago #1459

• Talking Footy
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 11

smokey wrote: It is nothing to do with what some critics say. It is about how they say it and the prolonged and sometimes abusive attacks on individuals. I do not have a problem with people making constructive criticsm.

However,a day rarely goes by without personal attacks some of which border on defamation and certainly character assasination. That is not freedom of speech IMO.
And it has not worked. Right or wrong DM is the coach for season 2013.

You don't have to like it but it is not going to change. Happenings during next season can always bring change but for now DM is the coach.

That is not to say I don't have personal views on the matter but,come what may,
I am not going to hide behind my keyboard and spew vitriolic verbal diahorrea.

It is time for people to get over it by stepping forward and declaring "I can make a change."

See you tonight 501. Your chance.

Brilliant post!!!!!!!!

Well done Smokey and spot on the money.

cruits 11 years 4 months ago #1461

• BC
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1547
Its not for me to comment on matters Perth FC but without protest we wouldn't have seen the Arab spring, demolition of the Berlin wall, Nelson Mandela and so on...so if certain Demon supporters feel the need for change then imo they should vent their feelings coz without the vocal minority stirring up the silent majority things tend to stay the same.

cruits 11 years 4 months ago #1471

• Talking Footy
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 11
Of course you can comment.
I agree on this one with Smokey BC it has been a long drawn out campaign of a small minority trying to bully the Perth footy club into getting there own way. They have used WAFLonline as an outlet to achieve this.

What has seemed to happen now is that Perth no longer releases any info for any supporters or media because of this. Cant blame them really.

cruits 11 years 4 months ago #1481

• Mr AFL
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 145
Great post Smokey. Put it simply if you have something you are wishing to bring up get down to the meeting tonight and voice your opinion in a civil manor! Hopefully we can get some news first hand tonight about any recruits :)

cruits 11 years 4 months ago #1502

• SuperDude
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 7
From the AGM tonight 45K loss for 2012. Confirmed outs Young, McDougall, Elari, Spanderman, Noakes brothers and JKT. Matt Rogers is looking to move and Leon is up in the air at the moment. Chance Bateman confirmed to join for 2013. Some fighting words against the current deal for the alignment from the Prez but where to next for the G7 is unclear. Meeting barely got quorum but the highlight was the fond nomination of Bob Page by Mal Atwell for Life Membership. Great speech.

cruits 11 years 4 months ago #1533

• Swandog
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 386
Some huge losses there..I heard Atkins come out publicly and state Davis was a definate for next year
Beneath the Southern cross i stand, on Bassendean Oval, can in hand, Swan Districts, you Farkin Beauty!

Moderators: Dazzler

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 724 guests and no members online

Newest Footy Recruits

• ChrisGiple
  • Roberttag
  • Edwinric
  • Lost WAFL
  • Duncs1977