Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Notice: Undefined offset: 1 in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 69
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Eagles to Lathlain back on the agenda!! 10 years 9 months ago #16669

• Johnno
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
It was the leading story on ABC news tonight, not sure if it got any air time on the commercial networks. Nothing from any WC officials but the reporter said "plans were well advanced" and the Vic Park Lord Mayor was all for it. They mentioned turning the carpark at the back into a second training ground that could be used as a carpark on WAFL match days.

I see it as a win for the Perth FC because the Eagles would bring a better profile and the Vic Park council would more than likely be prepared to poor more of their own dollars in with the WCE there as long term tenants. The only question I ask is, won't that seem odd having their aligned club EP at another ground?

Would they try and relocate EP to Lathlain also or would things get so cosy between the Eagles and Demons that one day they (Perth) become the host WAFL club?? Interesting to see if this goes ahead or proves to be more smoke than substance.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Johnno.

Eagles to Lathlain back on the agenda!! 10 years 9 months ago #16670

• mikeh
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 2007

Johnno wrote: It was the leading story on ABC news tonight, not sure if it got any air time on the commercial networks. Nothing from any WC officials but the reporter said "plans were well advanced" and the Vic Park Lord Mayor was all for it. They mentioned turning the carpark at the back into a second training ground that could be used as a carpark on WAFL match days.

I see it as a win for the Perth FC because the Eagles would bring a better profile and the Vic Park council would more than likely be prepared to poor more of their own dollars in with the WCE there as long term tenants. The only question I ask is, won't that seem odd having their aligned club EP at another ground?

Would they try and relocate EP to Lathlain also or would things get so cosy between the Eagles and Demons that one day they (Perth) become the host WAFL club?? Interesting to see if this goes ahead or proves to be more smoke than substance.

Wow that is big news if true. I think there would probably be a fair bit of resistance from Perth Members

Eagles to Lathlain back on the agenda!! 10 years 9 months ago #16676

• Time For a Flag
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • The VFL is not the AFL
  • Thank you received: 128
www.abc.net.au/news/2013-05-31/west-coas...d/4727000?section=wa

Here is the link.

I don't mind as long as there is no attempt to sell out like the West Coast Royals.
Victorians still laugh at West Aussies because of the way we bailed out the vfl and then allowed it to be called it the AFL!

Eagles to Lathlain back on the agenda!! 10 years 9 months ago #16691

• smokey
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 213
In principle, I think that a redevelopment of Brownes Stadium incorporating facilities to house West Coast Eagles would be a big plus for Perth Football Club in the sense that it would secure the long term security of tenure of the club (PFC).
I would reserve my final judgement until we see and understand all the plans and details.
If it happens I would expect,in time,to see East Perth relocated to Brownes. With the right facilities, including the carpark being transformed into a training ground, there would be plenty of scope for housing the three clubs.
MHO.... over to you now BTB. Can you make any good sense of this matter????

Eagles to Lathlain back on the agenda!! 10 years 9 months ago #16701

• Before the Bounce
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

smokey wrote: In principle, I think that a redevelopment of Brownes Stadium incorporating facilities to house West Coast Eagles would be a big plus for Perth Football Club in the sense that it would secure the long term security of tenure of the club (PFC).
I would reserve my final judgement until we see and understand all the plans and details.
If it happens I would expect,in time,to see East Perth relocated to Brownes. With the right facilities, including the carpark being transformed into a training ground, there would be plenty of scope for housing the three clubs.

Thanks for asking smoker.

Put it this way I have not heard any WHISPERS smoker but MHO would be...... I couldn't see the WAFL letting Subi be the only tenants at Medibank so something would have to give. Perth should relocate to Medibank and make way for the West Coast and the Mighty Royals ASAP. The demons have abused their location for far to long. They have abused their zone which is laden with talent and heir very own supporters with he appointment of this imposter of a coach.

Relocate to Medibank and start a fresh, do it during the daylight so as not to take all the dirty cockroaches with you. The cockroaches would get a nice little surprise when they came out after dark only to see Johnny sole of his foot heading their way.

Thanks again whisper for asking for my input. :woohoo:

Eagles to Lathlain back on the agenda!! 10 years 9 months ago #16722

• Demons Forever
  • Away
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 248

mikeh wrote:

Johnno wrote: It was the leading story on ABC news tonight, not sure if it got any air time on the commercial networks. Nothing from any WC officials but the reporter said "plans were well advanced" and the Vic Park Lord Mayor was all for it. They mentioned turning the carpark at the back into a second training ground that could be used as a carpark on WAFL match days.

Wow that is big news if true. I think there would probably be a fair bit of resistance from Perth Members

Why?
It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It's the size of the fight in the dog.
Winning isn't everything. It's the ONLY THING !!!!!!
I shot the fukin sherriff!!!!

Eagles to Lathlain back on the agenda!! 10 years 9 months ago #16723

• Demons Forever
  • Away
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 248

Before the Bounce wrote:

smokey wrote: In principle, I think that a redevelopment of Brownes Stadium incorporating facilities to house West Coast Eagles would be a big plus for Perth Football Club in the sense that it would secure the long term security of tenure of the club (PFC).

Put it this way I have not heard any WHISPERS smoker but MHO would be...... I couldn't see the WAFL letting Subi be the only tenants at Medibank so something would have to give. Perth should relocate to Medibank and make way for the West Coast and the Mighty Royals ASAP. The demons have abused their location for far to long. They have abused their zone which is laden with talent and heir very own supporters with he appointment of this imposter of a coach.

Relocate to Medibank and start a fresh, do it during the daylight so as not to take all the dirty cockroaches with you. The cockroaches would get a nice little surprise when they came out after dark only to see Johnny sole of his foot heading their way.

You're an idiot!! fk off!

Permanently.
It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It's the size of the fight in the dog.
Winning isn't everything. It's the ONLY THING !!!!!!
I shot the fukin sherriff!!!!

Eagles to Lathlain back on the agenda!! 10 years 9 months ago #16725

• MikeXU1
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Swan Districts FC
  • Thank you received: 0
I can really see the WAFC wanting to have two or more tennants and reduced amounts of WAFL grounds. It makes sense in some aspects, better shared facilities.

Ie Subi and Claremont at Claremont
Perth, East Perth at Lathlain
South & East Freo at Freo
West Perth & Swans at Bassendean

Whos to say in 5 years time WCE break from EP and simply become the West Coast Eagles, and Peel is absorbed into the Fremantle Dockers.

West Perth and Swans have proved this is viable a few seasons back with both West Perth and Swans both playing a home game at Bassendean the same day.

Certainly better than mergers, and gives patrons the ability to watch two WAFL senior matches in the one day. Crowd numbers would be up. I do realise this may be at the expense of reserves though.

Mike.

Eagles to Lathlain back on the agenda!! 10 years 9 months ago #16726

• Before the Bounce
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Demons Forever wrote:

Before the Bounce wrote:

You're an idiot!! fk off!

Permanently.

Come DF ease up, I know you are a wee bit sensitive after a game but than again it was only Swans. Get back in the saddle next week my friend there is always another game.
I only gave my opinion because sanitary pad asked me to.
See you at the game

Eagles to Lathlain back on the agenda!! 10 years 9 months ago #16743

• smokey
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 213
I should have known that task of making sense would be far to tough for you to handle BTB.
By the way, that whisper was 100% FACT. So go and get a life.
And don't bother turning up to see Perth next week. You haven't been to a game all year so why change now,and, in any event you will be very lonely as Perth have a bye.
You are not that very well informed as usual or is it that you are not that very bright? Certainly not that very respectful.

Last edit: by smokey.
  • Page:
Moderators: Dazzler

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 543 guests and 5 members online

• westaussieguy
  • TheRock
  • Demons Forever
  • Dazzler
  • Ted Nugent