Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Notice: Undefined offset: 1 in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 69
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Perth V Swans 10 years 9 months ago #17181

• 30plusyeardrought
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 102
Peter we used it at the 23 minute mark in one of the quarters....winding down the clock....and imo we are one of the worse teams trying to execute it,we do turn it over.

We do shut up shop way to early,Swans were always going to come at us hard in that last term,to have all players up the ground with not long left on the clock fell into Swans hands!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Perth V Swans 10 years 9 months ago #17182

• MarkOlsen
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 514
sounds like you guys are missing headphone Harry and his communication skills on the bench

Perth V Swans 10 years 9 months ago #17192

• Demons Forever
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 248
30+ I'm not sure "Yellow Footy" is necessarily pushing up the ground (back to that in a moment).

I am also baffled by what "Yellow Footy" is meant to be, but I think it is to slow it down whilst looking for options & to retain possession until an option or a switch of play becomes available. It is not necessarily to just play keep it off to waste time. They used "YF" early in quarter as well, so I think it is just to slow it down and make sure of the options.

Pushing up the ground is another thing and we are used to seeing us flood back in to defence leaving nothing to kick to up forward coming out of defence usually resulting in turnover.

You suggest that late in the game we actually did the opposite and pushed up into our forward line leaving us vulnerable to the fast break out of defence which occurred. I wonder if this occurred because the SD forwards pushed down into defence taking our defenders with them. Whilst the coach is the coach some things happen on field very quickly and I would have thought that there are times that maybe the on field leaders needed to call shots to make adjustments to cover etc etc.

Mistakes are made and we are a developing side so they will happen.

I am sure SD have made some mistakes this year.

Looking forward to the game against EP and hopefully a bounce back.
It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It's the size of the fight in the dog.
Winning isn't everything. It's the ONLY THING !!!!!!
I shot the fukin sherriff!!!!

Perth V Swans 10 years 9 months ago #17218

• smokey
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 213
DF & 30+, I think that you are talking about a forward press. To me that is what happened late in the last quarter. What went wrong, as has been alluded to, was we did not have players at the back of the press to stop the fast breakout. We allowed that to happen earlier in the game but it was the final 2 breakouts near the end of the final quarter that killed us.
I agree to some extent that it was perhaps a failing of the onfield team leadership.
If an instruction did go out via a runner the message apparently did not get thru.
We are a developing side - Swans had 5 players with 100+ WAFL games. We had none. Swans had 9 players with 50+ WAFL games. We had 5 plus Bevan & Bateman.
We are a young side. The forward press is difficult to master even at AFL level.
It takes time to master all the variables

Perth V Swans 10 years 9 months ago #17237

• 30plusyeardrought
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
DF i know "Yellow footy" is to slow things down.I do believe we do this at times way to early in a quarter.

We may be young and developing but we like everyone else have 2 runners at our disposal and as soon as the Swans forwards went up the ground a runner should have been out there to tell 2 or 3 of our backman to drop back.
We needed to protect that "open" goal.

Just like rotations on the bench are pre-game arranged perhaps when the opposition decide to put all the forwards up the ground a tactic could be put in place pre-game so players know what to do if it happens.

Last edit: by 30plusyeardrought.

Perth V Swans 10 years 9 months ago #17251

• Demons Forever
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 248
30+ I know you know what yellow footy" is.

My point is I think we may be misinterpreting it as purely a tactic to preserve a lead late in the quarter.

I coming to the conclusion that may be incorrect as it is being used in the early parts of a quarter as well.

I think it is a tactic to bring the ball forward when the opposition are flooding back clogging up our options up the ground. Do we make mistakes with it, yes we do. We need to learn to work harder and how to make space that people can run into and vacate it if the ball doesn't come to us opening up the space again.

That's my thoughts, I may be wrong but I am not sure we know what yellow footy" actually is. I for one have not spoken to the coaching staff.
It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It's the size of the fight in the dog.
Winning isn't everything. It's the ONLY THING !!!!!!
I shot the fukin sherriff!!!!

Perth V Swans 10 years 9 months ago #17253

• 30plusyeardrought
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Im pretty sure what im talking about has nothing to do with yellow footy.

In simple terms we should have had at least one player on the Swans goal line when there forwards drifted up the ground,it may have put an element of doubt in the Swans player that kicked that last goal,we could have had a player meet him head on rather than us chasing tail!

Last edit: by 30plusyeardrought.

Perth V Swans 10 years 9 months ago #17255

• smokey
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 213

30plusyeardrought wrote: DF i know "Yellow footy" is to slow things down.I do believe we do this at times way to early in a quarter.

We may be young and developing but we like everyone else have 2 runners at our disposal and as soon as the Swans forwards went up the ground a runner should have been out there to tell 2 or 3 of our backman to drop back.

Just like rotations on the bench are pre-game arranged perhaps when the opposition decide to put all the forwards up the ground a tactic could be put in place pre-game so players know what to do if it happens.

If that is a weakness in the game plan or the players are not responding then it needs to be corrected. In the first instance, if a tactic is in place, and it should be, then the team leaders should react first or else the runner should be out there.

Perth V Swans 10 years 9 months ago #17353

• Johnno
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

smokey wrote:

30plusyeardrought wrote: DF i know "Yellow footy" is to slow things down.I do believe we do this at times way to early in a quarter.

If that is a weakness in the game plan or the players are not responding then it needs to be corrected. In the first instance, if a tactic is in place, and it should be, then the team leaders should react first or else the runner should be out there.

And who do you think is giving the instructions donkey?

Perth V Swans 10 years 9 months ago #17409

• Before the Bounce
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

MarkOlsen wrote: you could raffle Harding, McMahon and Haselby for worst coach in the comp..

At least the other two have played football. McMahon certain winner ask Trevor and Harding.
Harding has a nice little premiership cup from when he belted that fraud a few years back. The game was not even close.

Last edit: by Before the Bounce.
Moderators: Dazzler

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 229 guests and one member online

• Frothy

Newest Footy Recruits

• MiltonRutty
  • BhoblhRhync
  • MRanker - Fiverr
  • whatoma