Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

GF dream a reality 7 years 7 months ago #105594

• Rookie draft
  • Rookie draft's Avatar Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 29
Another fantastic win on the weekend against a determined SF.

Should be a ripping Grand Final. Close tough and relentless. The 2 form sides of the comp.

I encourage all non Subi supporters to get behind Peel. If Peel win it will be the best thing to happen in the WAFL in decades. Bound to get more exposure than if a WP or SF were in.... and for those wanting changes to the alignment a Peel win may just be that driver needed.

Get on board. Support Peel and the WAFL by getting to the game.
The topic has been locked.

GF dream a reality 7 years 7 months ago #105596

• BC
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1547
RD...the Peel alignment issue means different things to different people and if making the GF with 17 aligned players presses your buttons then that's great...good for you and enjoy but I wouldn't expect too many neutral supporters to jump on the bandwagon. I don't expect them to support Subi either as we're almost as persona non gratis as Peel...so the GF could be a game between the "untouchables" of the WAFL. Good luck on Sunday...but not too much.

GF dream a reality 7 years 7 months ago #105597

• Peter North
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Rookie draft wrote: Another fantastic win on the weekend against a determined SF.

Should be a ripping Grand Final. Close tough and relentless. The 2 form sides of the comp.

I encourage all non Subi supporters to get behind Peel. If Peel win it will be the best thing to happen in the WAFL in decades. Bound to get more exposure than if a WP or SF were in.... and for those wanting changes to the alignment a Peel win may just be that driver needed.

Get on board. Support Peel and the WAFL by getting to the game.

Kudos for starting this thread but it isn't going to end well, but I echo your sentiments Peel winning could be the best thing to happen to the WAFL regarding the alignment.

GF dream a reality 7 years 7 months ago #105608

• Dwert
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • Thank you received: 280
Best of Luck to both teams.

This WAFL die hard will not e attending the GF this year for the first time for a long while.

Thoroughly disenchanted and pissed with what has been going on...
The following user(s) said Thank You: Swandog, Beasley Hutton, Bazza

GF dream a reality 7 years 7 months ago #105619

• Larry Bird
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 78
Best case scenario for some genuine change would be a Peel victory by plenty. Until the alignment clubs actually achieve anything like dominance most of the hysteria about inequality is overstated. My tip Subiaco by 60 plus, and I will be having a small bet on that too.

GF dream a reality 7 years 7 months ago #105624

• Senior Seagull
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 839
Obviously I hope we win but cant see it being a big margin either way. Just on an actual footy quality situation it should be one of the better GF's in recent times with 2 well matched teams, Peelmantle chock full of big super fit fulltime pro footballers and Subi with heaps of very experienced battle hardened disciplined players with a strictly adhered to game plan. The area that we may really struggle with if it's a dry day is their talls, Clarke, Griffin & Apness who are all monsters, our talls are Wheeler and Delahunty at 194cms, there's are all 200cm+++. We will need to tag one or both of Deboer if he escapes a suspension and Mzungu, but they will have to worry about Kitchen, Hoarsely, Cockie, Phelan, Hoskins, Broughton etc so we may edge them in the mids.

Anyway should be a ripper game witnessed by about 8,000 hardy souls.

GF dream a reality 7 years 7 months ago #105628

• Beasley Hutton
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 2874

Dwert wrote: Best of Luck to both teams.

This WAFL die hard will not e attending the GF this year for the first time for a long while.

Thoroughly disenchanted and pissed with what has been going on...

I hear your pain Dwert and am in exactly the same boat. I have only missed 1 GF in 36 years but will give this one a miss.

GF dream a reality 7 years 7 months ago #105629

• Freezin
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 924
Disappointing to read WAFL diehards aren't gonna support the WAFL as a whole and attend this GF as a neutral....didn't realise one or two club's actions were bigger than the whole comp.....footy is footy I thought, diehards watch it regardless.....oh well touch wood the folk who do go, get a bloody good contest....

GF dream a reality 7 years 7 months ago #105630

• BC
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1547
Schoey will roll Mahoney, Kitch and Fez at various times through DeBoer and Blakeley. For mine Blakely is the one they need to shut down as he had 6 inside 50s yesterday from 42 touches...so he's not only getting a lot of it but has doing something with it as well. His kick to handball ratio is about the same and he only laid 1 tackle compared to DeBoer's 10...so Blakely is more attacking and needs to be given a hard tag. Tucker Deluca and O'Brien also need to be shown respect but I think we can sort them out around the stoppages with a team defence...Blakely is a bit of a different story for mine.
The following user(s) said Thank You: bolter

GF dream a reality 7 years 7 months ago #105631

• Dwert
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • Thank you received: 280

Freezin wrote: Disappointing to read WAFL diehards aren't gonna support the WAFL as a whole and attend this GF as a neutral....didn't realise one or two club's actions were bigger than the whole comp.....footy is footy I thought, diehards watch it regardless.....oh well touch wood the folk who do go, get a bloody good contest....

I think I am entitled to make a personal protest against what is occuring atm :dry:

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 345 guests and 2 members online

• Mr AFL
  • Blackduck

Newest Footy Recruits

• aCoucky
  • whatoma
  • RobertPes
  • Lost WAFL