Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

v SF 7 years 7 months ago #105281

• Freezin
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 924
well this is certainly an important game in the history of the Peel footy club, not how folk want it, but come end of the day, Peel are on the verge of winning a GF spot....no doubt for those ardent Peel fans there will be some butterflies.....peel look strong across all lines , good mix of height and speed.....though SF have two genuine goal targets in Shaw and Saunders with 100 goals between them....those two boys a re a huge reason as to why sF have leapt up the table this year....good on them to.

There is talk of Shaw getting a Freo gig maybe next year.....and I have always scratched my head as to why Saunders never got a look in AFL wise....well Sunday is the day for them to show their goal kicking wares I guess....if these two can't kick a few between them v Silvagni and Collins, then I can see why both have had zero games at the elite level. I guess Peel's height in the middle will worry SF....poor old Higgins will definitely earn his money v Clarke, Griffin, Hannath and Apeness on Sun.....saying that are Peel to top heavy?

Touch wood the game is a beauty, the comp needs it, especially after the results so far....SF hammering WP, Peel easily accounting for EP, then Subi and Peel comfortably putting away SF and WP respectively....the WAFL need two decent games to finish off the season....be interested to see what happens.....a lot of emotion about the alignment and supposed talk of change to the alignment set up.....for me change can only come if Peel go thru and win the GF....if not the AFL boys will continue to believe every thing is all good the way it currently is because EP and Peel are yet to win or dominate the comp as alignment teams......wonder if SF and Subi are prepared to take one for the comps longevity?...or is it too late.....Peel by 37 points for me...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

v SF 7 years 7 months ago #105289

• Senior Seagull
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 839

Freezin wrote: well this is certainly an important game in the history of the Peel footy club, not how folk want it, but come end of the day, Peel are on the verge of winning a GF spot....no doubt for those ardent Peel fans there will be some butterflies.....peel look strong across all lines , good mix of height and speed.....though SF have two genuine goal targets in Shaw and Saunders with 100 goals between them....those two boys a re a huge reason as to why sF have leapt up the table this year....good on them to.

There is talk of Shaw getting a Freo gig maybe next year.....and I have always scratched my head as to why Saunders never got a look in AFL wise....well Sunday is the day for them to show their goal kicking wares I guess....if these two can't kick a few between them v Silvagni and Collins, then I can see why both have had zero games at the elite level. I guess Peel's height in the middle will worry SF....poor old Higgins will definitely earn his money v Clarke, Griffin, Hannath and Apeness on Sun.....saying that are Peel to top heavy?

Touch wood the game is a beauty, the comp needs it, especially after the results so far....SF hammering WP, Peel easily accounting for EP, then Subi and Peel comfortably putting away SF and WP respectively....the WAFL need two decent games to finish off the season....be interested to see what happens.....a lot of emotion about the alignment and supposed talk of change to the alignment set up.....for me change can only come if Peel go thru and win the GF....if not the AFL boys will continue to believe every thing is all good the way it currently is because EP and Peel are yet to win or dominate the comp as alignment teams......wonder if SF and Subi are prepared to take one for the comps longevity?...or is it too late.....Peel by 37 points for me...

Freeze no WAFL team who makes a GF would ever not have a 100% go no matter what the circumstances are. I understand the reasoning behind what your saying but it's a bit of a slight on both teams to think they would give it a moments thought, Souths and Subi in fact all 7 WAFL clubs are proud teams and hopefully it's Souths who make the GF. I think it's inevitable that there will be some changes to the player qualification rules at seasons end no matter what peelmantle do from here.
Peelmantle look to have the best list going into the prelim and if they win tomorrow and take a similar list into the GF would at the very least be equal favourites with Subi, but if Souths make it, they could take some comfort from what Subi did to WP back in '73, we lost 4 of the 5 games played between the teams that year but the one that Subi won was the GF proving anything can happen on the day.

v SF 7 years 7 months ago #105292

• DD
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1357
Where is Rookie Draft on here? Waiting to see the result first then jump on?
Get on your bike.
It was Adam and Eve not Adam and Steve.

v SF 7 years 7 months ago #105302

• Rookie draft
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 29

DD wrote: Where is Rookie Draft on here? Waiting to see the result first then jump on?

Turn it up pops. Have I got form in this area? Was I gloating after we destroyed WP?

Looking forward to the game. I'll be there along with the 1000's of other Peel supporters.

Let's hope it's a good contest that goes down to the wire with Peel narrow victors.

Last edit: by Rookie draft.

v SF 7 years 7 months ago #105306

• bolter
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 13
Very good vibe around the club this week. Having a drink down the club last night, yes that's right our club bar is open every Friday unlike most other WAFL clubs because we are a proper community club representing a proper community and the excitement is building . Should be a good game .

v SF 7 years 7 months ago #105308

• DD
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1357

Rookie draft wrote:

DD wrote: Where is Rookie Draft on here? Waiting to see the result first then jump on?

Turn it up pops. Have I got form in this area? Was I gloating after we destroyed WP?

Looking forward to the game. I'll be there along with the 1000's of other Peel supporters.

Let's hope it's a good contest that goes down to the wire with Peel narrow victors.

Must be day release at Waroona? :lol:
Get on your bike.
It was Adam and Eve not Adam and Steve.

v SF 7 years 7 months ago #105310

• Freezin
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 924
Don't worry about DD Peel boys....great to see you guys enjoying your footy at this time of the year.....DD you sound a tad envious?...why is that mate?

v SF 7 years 7 months ago #105343

• Senior Seagull
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 839
Poor old Peel only managed 16 listed players today but still managed to dominate Souths by 7 goals at 1/2 time, hopefully South make them run the game out and push them as hard as possible in the 2nd half.

Not a great standard game but it is a bit wet. The only time Souths got on top late in the 1st qtr was when they got into the princeses heads and were a bit physical. The Freo boys arrogance was getting the better of them and displayed a distinct lack of discipline. But Peelmantle put the foot down in the 2nd qtr and made it a no contest. Lets see if Souths can lift in the 2nd half.

v SF 7 years 7 months ago #105345

• swan42
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Senior Seagull wrote: Poor old Peel only managed 16 listed players today but still managed to dominate Souths by 7 goals at 1/2 time, hopefully South make them run the game out and push them as hard as possible in the 2nd half.

Not a great standard game but it is a bit wet. The only time Souths got on top late in the 1st qtr was when they got into the princeses heads and were a bit physical. The Freo boys arrogance was getting the better of them and displayed a distinct lack of discipline. But Peelmantle put the foot down in the 2nd qtr and made it a no contest. Lets see if Souths can lift in the 2nd half.

SS you are not surprised I presume?

v SF 7 years 7 months ago #105349

• Peter North
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

swan42 wrote:

Senior Seagull wrote: Poor old Peel only managed 16 listed players today but still managed to dominate Souths by 7 goals at 1/2 time, hopefully South make them run the game out and push them as hard as possible in the 2nd half.

SS you are not surprised I presume?

I presume you'll be supporting Subi this week Swan :lol:

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 544 guests and no members online

Newest Footy Recruits

• whatoma
  • RobertPes
  • Lost WAFL
  • Duncs1977
  • MrBulldog2020