Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

History made - panic sets in 7 years 7 months ago #104441

• Freezin
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 924
DD....pretty sure my WBD allegiance has been outlined on Footygoss and OzFooty way before last nights win mate.....been barracking for Footscray since the days Kelvin Templeton, Ian Dunstan, Ray Huppatz etc mid 70's......had more downs then ups supporting those Victorian Bulldogs......but happy to be a bandwagoner if you want me to be.

BC, got no problems with opposition fans " engaging"mate.........2nd post was a mere extension of the Peel Farce thread......and 42 and Grassy just continued on telling all n sundry what a farce Peel is......a discussion already flogged to death on another thread as PN rightly points out

....anyway is any person here interested in what OzFooty's solitary fan thinks of the alignment?....majority of folk have already made their minds up anyway......not too sure where debate even fits in there BC......RD's goose has already been cooked I reckon.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Freezin.

History made - panic sets in 7 years 7 months ago #104444

• kirbs
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 17

DD wrote:

Freezin wrote: There is a perfectly good discussion area chaps titled "Peel Farce" on an appropriate neutral chat thread here on Oz Footy.....go there and bitch.....considering there is no Peel Moderator, I really thought OZ Footy Admin would of red carded and moved you boys on, with this disrespectful chat about Peel......

I thought Oz Footy were shouting out for more posters...from all clubs....we have one Peel supporter here, who is very happy with HIS sides success, irrespective of peoples thoughts or beliefs....and comes here to post....only to be bombarded with Freo 17 players, not the real Peel.......who gives a fark if any non Peel supporter, thinks they aren't the real deal...this Peel supporter thinks they are and has every right to do so.....

Let it go Grassy....yeah it maybe a pisser and not fair....but that is not the Peel's fan(s) fault is it?.....same as it isn't your fault the Perth Footy club have farked up since 1977 trying to win a flag or achieve any form of success at all......let the guy have his say, without having HIS club thread trolled by folk only wishing to antagonise and provoke him...fark we all hate that don't we? ;)

Yeh great to finally see someone post on the Peel thread Freezin, pity it took making and winning a final for someone to appear. Bit like a certain Western Bulldogs supporter who's recently come out of the closet and posted his first ever post on an AFL thread on this forum. Lol.

As S42 said, first post in 11 months. Good on him hopefully we will see him post on the Peel thread on a regular basis and drag a few more Peel supporters out of the woodwork. Then perhaps Ozfooty admin might take it seriously and appoint a moderator. In the meantime if I was a Peel supporter or Peel official I would be taking the old any publicity is good publicity attitude. At least they are being talked about.

As for us Perth supporters you like to take the piss out of, we are here week in week out, year in year out, sometimes we are whinging, sometimes we are bitching amongst ourselves, sometimes we get excited, but at least we are here talking about our club on a consistent basis.

Maybe he does not live a boring existence like us and lives on Ozfooty. Just sayin

History made - panic sets in 7 years 7 months ago #104447

• DD
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1358

BC wrote: who doesn't get a hard time on here on occasions....there's no Peel supporters on here because Peel doesn't have many full stop. this is a public forum where all posters are equal...well clearly some on here of the bogan variety are more equal than others but I see no reason why a Peel supporter can't be engaged in dialogue about his or her club and get their thoughts on the alignment, the over-representation of Dockers players in their team and so on. i'm not talking about abusing anyone...just discussing issues on which we're bound to disagree. surely we don't have to pander to PC to the exclusion of reasoned debate.

I can't see anything posted on this thread so far that could be construed as disrespectful, slanderous, abuse or anything else other than posters expressing opinions.

Totally agree BC, it's just our ozfooty serial pest Freezin trying to wind up a few people.
Get on your bike.
It was Adam and Eve not Adam and Steve.

History made - panic sets in 7 years 7 months ago #104448

• DD
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1358
But seriously back on the topic, how can anyone who supports Peel possibly claim any joy or pride from making the finals, winning finals and possibly going all the way? I couldn't imagine Zac Clarke, Tanner Smith etc... even local WA boys Clancee Pearce, Matt de Boer and Tendai Mzungu going to premiership reunions at Peel when their true loyalty is to another WAFL club.
Get on your bike.
It was Adam and Eve not Adam and Steve.

History made - panic sets in 7 years 7 months ago #104449

• Peter North
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

DD wrote: But seriously back on the topic, how can anyone who supports Peel possibly claim any joy or pride from making the finals, winning finals and possibly going all the way? I couldn't imagine Zac Clarke, Tanner Smith etc... even local WA boys Clancee Pearce, Matt de Boer and Tendai Mzungu going to premiership reunions at Peel when their true loyalty is to another WAFL club.

There is no loyalty in footy mate, that's why players like Trops will move to another club for success or more money. he's already done it once.

History made - panic sets in 7 years 7 months ago #104453

• Dwert
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • Thank you received: 280
Good luck to you Rookie Draft...I hope your Fremantle AFL Reserves Team bring you many hours of enjoyment :sick:

Sorry Anchorman hard habit to overcome..

History made - panic sets in 7 years 7 months ago #104466

• BC
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1547

Freezin wrote: DD....pretty sure my WBD allegiance has been outlined on Footygoss and OzFooty way before last nights win mate.....been barracking for Footscray since the days Kelvin Templeton, Ian Dunstan, Ray Huppatz etc mid 70's......had more downs then ups supporting those Victorian Bulldogs......but happy to be a bandwagoner if you want me to be.

BC, got no problems with opposition fans " engaging"mate.........2nd post was a mere extension of the Peel Farce thread......and 42 and Grassy just continued on telling all n sundry what a farce Peel is......a discussion already flogged to death on another thread as PN rightly points out

....anyway is any person here interested in what OzFooty's solitary fan thinks of the alignment?....majority of folk have already made their minds up anyway......not too sure where debate even fits in there BC......RD's goose has already been cooked I reckon.

gotta disagree freez. you and I are kindred spirits on a whole range of stuff but I think there's nothing wrong with raising the Freo issue as all our Peel friend has to do is say he couldn't care less...end of story. what we have at the moment is very one sided perspective from opponents of the alignment ...I would like to hear from someone who thinks its a positive.

Last edit: by BC.

History made - panic sets in 7 years 7 months ago #104467

• Freezin
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 924
Just dont think it would be end of story for some here though BC....RD coming on here defending the Peel Footy Club would be like a Negro speaking at a KKK meeting about the virtues of having dark skin or a pig farmer trying to sell his wares at a Jewish synagogue....but hey I hope RD does tell us what it feels like to be a Peel fan....

However as DD rightly points out....if I was a Peel fan, I'd be here having the " banter" that is for sure......both sides always need to be heard......hopefully RD does respond. ;)

Last edit: by Freezin.

History made - panic sets in 7 years 7 months ago #104490

• Peter North
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Grassy wrote: Hey,he's free to come in here and chat all he wants.Unless it's Tash.In which case,she's free to come in and chat.

If they want to stick up for Peel,fine.

I'll take on board their angle on this,but if I feel the need to debate things here,I will.And I will not cop any arguement from Anchor,Freezin and Peter North that I shouldn't.

Hopefully Peel get their Club back to play in their own right,as opposed to Ridiculous Suggestions that Freo swallow them up.Then Rookie Draft and fellow Peel Thunder supporters won't have a WAFL Club to support.

And they Reform their Past Players and Officials and keep it going during the Host Club period,like East Perth are.That's when you put aside the Host Club Differences and Old Club Rivalries and enjoy each other's company with some good natured banter,tucker and Beer.Enquire within,... B)

No this is the Peel board go and whinge about the alignment on the countless other threads on this issue, stop stinking up other club boards with your dribble.

History made - panic sets in 7 years 7 months ago #104501

• Rookie draft
  • Rookie draft's Avatar Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 29
No surprises in the responses from the stuck in the mud tragics. Pretty sure the alignment decision was made in 2012. Time to get over it boys And wasn't it after all the prezos voted against stand alone WC & Freo sides. Whether you like it or not AFL is the premier brand and basically funds the WAFL clubs who most would die without it. The alignment gave all WAFL clubs more money.

Not sure what posting 11 months apart or Eagles media has to do with my post. I did post a few new topics on the Peel thread last season but they were hijacked by a number of derogatory posters.

Here's a bit of tucker for mutter that some of you don't seem to get. Football clubs are made up of much more than a dozen or so players that are in the league side. There's the 30 odd busting their gut in the colts the same for the ressies then there's the coaches, staff, volunteers, parents, friends, members, supporters etc. We have never had a large supporter base but I've got mates there and I enjoy supporting them. Do you guys expect us Peel supporters and them EP supporters to give up because there's been a change that isnt what everyone wants.

I'm sorry but that's not the Aussie way. We stick by our mates and teams no matter what.

Last edit: by Rookie draft.

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 291 guests and 2 members online

• Demons Forever
  • Success Hill

Newest Footy Recruits

• whatoma
  • ChrisGiple
  • Roberttag
  • Edwinric