Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

History made - panic sets in 7 years 7 months ago #104352

• Rookie draft
  • Rookie draft's Avatar Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 29
A great effort from the Peel Football Club in recording its first ever finals win albeit against an undermanned East Perth.

Looking at some of the comments on this site it appears many are in panic mode in regards to Peel as a finals force.

Rest easy boys WP will be tough to crack at Joony. Apparently they have a habit of beating fully blown AFL alignment/host clubs lol :lol:

Should we get past WP couldn't see us troubling SF or Subi

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

History made - panic sets in 7 years 7 months ago #104362

• gtrxuone
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1329
As far as it goes for me RD.If your good enough to win. The flag from the Elimination Final.You deserve to win your first Flag but history is against you winning from that position.

History made - panic sets in 7 years 7 months ago #104367

• Freezin
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 924
Good to see a Peel supporter finally come on here and post......pity the squealers come on soon after though, ever keen to talk about 17 Freo players, Peel not being Peel etc......yeah we get it Mikeh and Grassy.....thanks for the reminder fellas :whistle:

...well done to your side RD on their win......regardless of how Peel has gone about it, these boys are representing the Peel footy club.....wearing Peel jumpers......enjoy the spoils RD.......ignore the squealers mate......mothballs does that to folk mate ;)

Last edit: by Freezin.

History made - panic sets in 7 years 7 months ago #104372

• swan42
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Rookie draft wrote: A great effort from the Peel Football Club in recording its first ever finals win albeit against an undermanned East Perth.

Looking at some of the comments on this site it appears many are in panic mode in regards to Peel as a finals force.

Rest easy boys WP will be tough to crack at Joony. Apparently they have a habit of beating fully blown AFL alignment/host clubs lol :lol:

Should we get past WP couldn't see us troubling SF or Subi

I note your previous post was 11 months and 3 weeks ago. You can delude yourself in concert with a compliant Eagles' media. Of course, the Eagles didn't keep their end of the bargain by losing in a most insipid fashion last night.

Apparently, it was possible that the "Peel" team playing in the finals could have been represented by 22 AFL aligned players. In what alternate universe could that be construed as a Peel team? The real Peel played Swans this season down in Mandurah and got soundly beaten by a team that only won one other match. QED.

History made - panic sets in 7 years 7 months ago #104375

• Peter North
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Grassy wrote: Really Freeze?

How has that so called Success helped their Membership and Gate Figures?

Peel supporters have really flooded through the gates,haven't they?Last week,a classic case in point.The biggest day in their club history if some insist,but bugger all coming through.How many of the 2 800,were their so called supporters?Go on,I'll let you have an honest to god stab at it.

I put it to you Most of their supporters are Colts Parents,players'girlfriends and a hardy group of volunteers.Good luck to them and good on 'em,but Hardly the general populace,buddy.

They had to Abandon their Past Players and Officials Association,due to lack of Volunteers.Hopefully they get it started again,but that is a Bad look for them,bad look for the Association and a bad look for the Competition.

But John Ditchburn didn't seem to think Freo's presence wouldn't diminish Peel's standing as a Club.Who is he bloody kidding?

Yeah,they made the Finals,but in name only.Yeah,guys like Rory O'Brien are part of that team,but only a handful more are part of that,the rest are part of the AFL mob.

Jeolous?Me?Despite all the shit PERTH have been through since September 23,1978,how many times have I told the likes of you,I wouldn't want the Host Club in a fit and Never do?Several!

Sure,it might take the easy path to succes,but it wouldn't be OUR Success,it would be someone else's!

I could go on and on,but if this message hasn't sunk in with you yet,it most likely probably never will.

If Peel get a good following this week,I'd be interested to know how many Free Tickets the WAFC have dished out,outside the Peel folk who actually Deserve it?

I've seen rent a crowd before.It even had politicians changing teams from South Fremantle to Peel.How long did that last I wonder?A day,Mr K.Beazley? :whistle:

As for the Presence of the AFL Clubs here,you really do think it helps the WAFL,don't you?Have you checked under the pillow for a 20cent coin lately?

I thought you were smarter than that,Freeze!Do you have friends on the WAFC Executive who feed you copious amounts of Bull?And believe it? :pinch:

Give it up Grassy you're rants on Ozfooty aren't going to change a thing, if you don't like it go and support Armadale, btw have you got on the phone to Marty yet.

History made - panic sets in 7 years 7 months ago #104398

• Freezin
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 924
There is a perfectly good discussion area chaps titled "Peel Farce" on an appropriate neutral chat thread here on Oz Footy.....go there and bitch.....considering there is no Peel Moderator, I really thought OZ Footy Admin would of red carded and moved you boys on, with this disrespectful chat about Peel......

I thought Oz Footy were shouting out for more posters...from all clubs....we have one Peel supporter here, who is very happy with HIS sides success, irrespective of peoples thoughts or beliefs....and comes here to post....only to be bombarded with Freo 17 players, not the real Peel.......who gives a fark if any non Peel supporter, thinks they aren't the real deal...this Peel supporter thinks they are and has every right to do so.....

Let it go Grassy....yeah it maybe a pisser and not fair....but that is not the Peel's fan(s) fault is it?.....same as it isn't your fault the Perth Footy club have farked up since 1977 trying to win a flag or achieve any form of success at all......let the guy have his say, without having HIS club thread trolled by folk only wishing to antagonise and provoke him...fark we all hate that don't we? ;)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Rookie draft

Last edit: by Freezin.

History made - panic sets in 7 years 7 months ago #104415

• Peter North
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Freezin wrote: There is a perfectly good discussion area chaps titled "Peel Farce" on an appropriate neutral chat thread here on Oz Footy.....go there and bitch.....considering there is no Peel Moderator, I really thought OZ Footy Admin would of red carded and moved you boys on, with this disrespectful chat about Peel......

I thought Oz Footy were shouting out for more posters...from all clubs....we have one Peel supporter here, who is very happy with HIS sides success, irrespective of peoples thoughts or beliefs....and comes here to post....only to be bombarded with Freo 17 players, not the real Peel.......who gives a fark if any non Peel supporter, thinks they aren't the real deal...this Peel supporter thinks they are and has every right to do so.....

Let it go Grassy....yeah it maybe a pisser and not fair....but that is not the Peel's fan(s) fault is it?.....same as it isn't your fault the Perth Footy club have farked up since 1977 trying to win a flag or achieve any form of success at all......let the guy have his say, without having HIS club thread trolled by folk only wishing to antagonise and provoke him...fark we all hate that don't we? ;)

We probably disagree a fair bit, but I couldn't agree more with this post.

History made - panic sets in 7 years 7 months ago #104418

• DD
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1357

Freezin wrote: There is a perfectly good discussion area chaps titled "Peel Farce" on an appropriate neutral chat thread here on Oz Footy.....go there and bitch.....considering there is no Peel Moderator, I really thought OZ Footy Admin would of red carded and moved you boys on, with this disrespectful chat about Peel......

Yeh great to finally see someone post on the Peel thread Freezin, pity it took making and winning a final for someone to appear. Bit like a certain Western Bulldogs supporter who's recently come out of the closet and posted his first ever post on an AFL thread on this forum. Lol.

As S42 said, first post in 11 months. Good on him hopefully we will see him post on the Peel thread on a regular basis and drag a few more Peel supporters out of the woodwork. Then perhaps Ozfooty admin might take it seriously and appoint a moderator. In the meantime if I was a Peel supporter or Peel official I would be taking the old any publicity is good publicity attitude. At least they are being talked about.

As for us Perth supporters you like to take the piss out of, we are here week in week out, year in year out, sometimes we are whinging, sometimes we are bitching amongst ourselves, sometimes we get excited, but at least we are here talking about our club on a consistent basis.
Get on your bike.
It was Adam and Eve not Adam and Steve.

Last edit: by DD.

History made - panic sets in 7 years 7 months ago #104424

• BC
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1547
who doesn't get a hard time on here on occasions....there's no Peel supporters on here because Peel doesn't have many full stop. this is a public forum where all posters are equal...well clearly some on here of the bogan variety are more equal than others but I see no reason why a Peel supporter can't be engaged in dialogue about his or her club and get their thoughts on the alignment, the over-representation of Dockers players in their team and so on. i'm not talking about abusing anyone...just discussing issues on which we're bound to disagree. surely we don't have to pander to PC to the exclusion of reasoned debate.

I can't see anything posted on this thread so far that could be construed as disrespectful, slanderous, abuse or anything else other than posters expressing opinions.

Last edit: by BC.

History made - panic sets in 7 years 7 months ago #104440

• Peter North
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Lol a Peel supporter posts about a Peel victory in the finals, other supporters can only bring up the alignment , there's only 65 other threads on that issue.

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 519 guests and no members online

Newest Footy Recruits

• aCoucky
  • whatoma
  • RobertPes
  • Lost WAFL
  • Duncs1977