Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Dockers players who have qualified for WAFL finals 7 years 8 months ago #101402

• mikeh
  • mikeh's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 2017
Write off Peel Thunder at your peril. Whilst many of us have been focusing on the premiership claims of Subiaco, South Fremantle and West Perth, the Dockers have been quietly qualifying as many of their players as possible for the WAFL finals. The following players have already reached the minimum of 5 games

Apeness
Balic
Blakely
Clarke
Collins
De Boer
Deluca
Grey
Hannath
Hughes
Langdon
Morobito
Mzungu
Nyhuis
Clancee Pearce
Silvagni
Tanner Smith
Tucker
Ubergang
Yarran

That's 20. As well as this Griffin is on 4 and with Sandilands back will no doubt qualify as well. Taberner needs another 2 so don't expect him back in the Dockers team until round 23. Suban can qualify with another game so he could potentially be "dropped" this week. Crozier also needs 2 so he is still on the radar as well. Call me cynical but Blakely was dropped for "poor disposal" a couple of weeks back and he has now played exactly 5 games for Peel. My guess is that he will be back in Dockers colours this week.

Conspiracy theory?? Maybe, but it is patently clear that if Peel get into the finals they will be a very powerful combination with even 14 of these 24 guys and the 8 top Peel players. If they happen to get into 3rd which is still possible they could do a fair bit of damage in September.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by mikeh.

Dockers players who have qualified for WAFL finals 7 years 8 months ago #101405

• swan42
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

mikeh wrote: Write off Peel Thunder at your peril. Whilst many of us have been focusing on the premiership claims of Subiaco, South Fremantle and West Perth, the Dockers have been quietly qualifying as many of their players as possible for the WAFL finals. The following players have already reached the minimum of 5 games

Apeness
Balic
Blakely
Clarke
Collins
De Boer
Deluca
Grey
Hannath
Hughes
Langdon
Morobito
Mzungu
Nyhuis
Clancee Pearce
Silvagni
Tanner Smith
Tucker
Ubergang
Yarran

That's 20. As well as this Griffin is on 4 and with Sandilands back will no doubt qualify as well. Taberner needs another 2 so don't expect him back in the Dockers team until round 23. Suban can qualify with another game so he could potentially be "dropped" this week. Crozier also needs 2 so he is still on the radar as well. Call me cynical but Blakely was dropped for "poor disposal" a couple of weeks back and he has now played exactly 5 games for Peel. My guess is that he will be back in Dockers colours this week.

Conspiracy theory?? Maybe, but it is patently clear that if Peel get into the finals they will be a very powerful combination with even 14 of these 24 guys and the 8 top Peel players. If they happen to get into 3rd which is still possible they could do a fair bit of damage in September.

Interesting research mikeh and I am not after a fight with you. Based on that list how would anyone suggest that would be a Peel team in anything except in name only? We were witness to the "REAL PEEL" when we scored 18 goals against them.

Dockers players who have qualified for WAFL finals 7 years 8 months ago #101406

• mikeh
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Don't think you would get too many who would argue with you on that Swan42

Dockers players who have qualified for WAFL finals 7 years 8 months ago #101575

• Senior Seagull
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 840
Yes agree its a Peel team in name only but don't put it past Peelmantle to manipulate the system to their own ends, they do have form after the Leederville oval set up, managing to bully the WAFL into changing a Subi home game to what was a Peel home game for the 14 or so Dockers in that team. Mazungu or Deboer would have played 10 or 15 times the number of games on Subi oval than the entire Subi squad. It worked and they beat Subi by a couple of points.

You include the best 15-18 freo players on that list and they will be hard to beat even for a full strength Subi or Souths.

Dockers players who have qualified for WAFL finals 7 years 8 months ago #101776

• BC
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1547
Subi beat FART in the first game of the season when they had 15 or 16 aligned players from memory including Harley Bennell but agree, it does make a mockery of the whole alignment fiasco and the WAFL in general.

Dockers players who have qualified for WAFL finals 7 years 8 months ago #101778

• mikeh
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Peel have two more qualifying games and they potentially could qualify Griffin, Taberner and Crozier as well. These guys have played the majority of the season in the AFL. Just doesn't seem right to me.

Dockers players who have qualified for WAFL finals 7 years 8 months ago #101868

• 58shark
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 553
We could end up having another farce like we did in 2000/1/2. False premierships.
2x25= Seinor and Michael = 1xBrian Peake

Dockers players who have qualified for WAFL finals 7 years 7 months ago #105856

• BC
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

mikeh wrote: Write off Peel Thunder at your peril. Whilst many of us have been focusing on the premiership claims of Subiaco, South Fremantle and West Perth, the Dockers have been quietly qualifying as many of their players as possible for the WAFL finals. The following players have already reached the minimum of 5 games

Apeness
Balic
Blakely
Clarke
Collins
De Boer
Deluca
Grey
Hannath
Hughes
Langdon
Morobito
Mzungu
Nyhuis
Clancee Pearce
Silvagni
Tanner Smith
Tucker
Ubergang
Yarran

I thought I'd bring this thread back up as Mike was certainly on the money.

Dockers players who have qualified for WAFL finals 7 years 7 months ago #105858

• DD
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1358
Has Morabito been ruled out? I think he sustained a hip/thigh injury in the last home and away game. If anyone deserves a bit of luck in footy it's him. Don't think anyone would begrudge him a WAFL premiership medallion.
Get on your bike.
It was Adam and Eve not Adam and Steve.

Dockers players who have qualified for WAFL finals 7 years 7 months ago #105862

• BC
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
yep..he's out DD...from memory he had an operation in Melbourne a week or so ago.

• Page:

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 726 guests and 9 members online

• Royals78
  • Freezin
  • Demons Forever
  • Success Hill
  • Time For a Flag
  • premiership hangover
  • That_slick_left