Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Joh Ditchburn why are you complaining? 8 years 7 months ago #78304

• Tiger of old
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 230

kirbs wrote:

swan42 wrote: From today's West and I quote"

'Peel chief executive John Ditchburn said it was an unprecedented situation, saying the timing of the AFL hom-and-away season should marry up with the WAFL home-and-away campaign in future.'

Isn't this the person and club that said they were Peel NOT Fremantle?

As I have said we will see the REAL Peel play on Sunday.

Bit petty Swan, was having similar conversation re this and said pretty well the same and I have no allegiance to Peel or Freo, but do not see it happening anytime soon.

Ditchburn is entitled to vent.

Ditch burn is entitled to vent ?? Are you kidding?? They entered into the alignment knowing full well that peels success or lack of in the wafl was not a consideration at all, they are just a training vehicle like somebody said. The finals was where this was always going to become a joke. The only thing peel have earned is the right to cop an absolute flogging this week.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Joh Ditchburn why are you complaining? 8 years 7 months ago #78307

• kirbs
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 17
Funny all of your replies are hidden by your support for other clubs. Peel have been a basket case from the get go, but a lot of that blame can be directed at WAFL commission for allowing Peel in when it was not warranted, they should have forced a struggling club, hey lets say Perth to relocate.

Ditchburn has been around Peel for sometime in some capacity, at least he is there trying for the betterment of the club, which has continually struggled, and almost a no brainer they took up the alignment or at some stage would have rolled over

Bet if East Perth, break from WCE then a struggling club like Perth may put up their hand, you going to attack them too when it happens you keyboard warriors :p

Joh Ditchburn why are you complaining? 8 years 7 months ago #78312

• Grassroots
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 11
Anchorman, I am a strong Dockers supporter and have been a Harbourmaster from day one but I will never become a sycophant to the AFL like your good self.

Joh Ditchburn why are you complaining? 8 years 7 months ago #78313

• Tiger of old
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 230

kirbs wrote: Funny all of your replies are hidden by your support for other clubs. Peel have been a basket case from the get go, but a lot of that blame can be directed at WAFL commission for allowing Peel in when it was not warranted, they should have forced a struggling club, hey lets say Perth to relocate.

Ditchburn has been around Peel for sometime in some capacity, at least he is there trying for the betterment of the club, which has continually struggled, and almost a no brainer they took up the alignment or at some stage would have rolled over

Bet if East Perth, break from WCE then a struggling club like Perth may put up their hand, you going to attack them too when it happens you keyboard warriors :p

If Perth enter into an alignment and the same scenario happened then, yep, I would say the same thing. Same if it was Claremont again.
As for being a "keyboard warrior" well that's what online forums are about - using your keyboard.

Joh Ditchburn why are you complaining? 8 years 7 months ago #78316

• kirbs
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member

Tiger of old wrote:

kirbs wrote: Funny all of your replies are hidden by your support for other clubs. Peel have been a basket case from the get go, but a lot of that blame can be directed at WAFL commission for allowing Peel in when it was not warranted, they should have forced a struggling club, hey lets say Perth to relocate.

If Perth enter into an alignment and the same scenario happened then, yep, I would say the same thing. Same if it was Claremont again.
As for being a "keyboard warrior" well that's what online forums are about - using your keyboard.

Exactly Tiger, why I put the pokey tongue after it (Aint we all ), vibrant conversation, I put my view, a few answered, I explained why I was defending Ditchburn ( to a degree) , and how boring would forums be if we all had the same point of view

Joh Ditchburn why are you complaining? 8 years 7 months ago #78336

• swan42
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

No Kirbs what Ditchburn is complaining about is patent nonsense. WITHOUT the Fremantle players "Peel" would not have qualified for the finals this season. You can't just take the "good" without the bad in terms of the host club alignment. Peel knew what they were getting into BEFORE they signed up; the precedent was there FOR ALL TO SEE.

As for Perth: if they get into bed with the Eagles, that will be the end of them as a club. I personally know a Perth supporter who is an Eagles' member and he said he would STOP supporting Perth if they go into a host club alignment with the Eagles. Most of the Perth supporters WILL WALK AWAY from Perth if they enter a host club alignment.

Joh Ditchburn why are you complaining? 8 years 7 months ago #78342

• Beasley Hutton
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 2874
Maybe if Sh!tburn had have read Swan 42s posts about this exact thing happening for the last 4 months on ozfooty he wouldn't have been so shocked at this occurring ....aww diddums John :lol:

Joh Ditchburn why are you complaining? 8 years 7 months ago #78410

• swan42
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

By the way Kirbs where do you suggest that Perth should have been relocated to and for what purpose would that have served?

Joh Ditchburn why are you complaining? 8 years 7 months ago #78416

• kirbs
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member

swan42 wrote:

By the way Kirbs where do you suggest that Perth should have been relocated to and for what purpose would that have served?

I used Perth as an example, could have been East or South Fremantle, but some club should have been encouraged $$$$ to move to a fast growing area like the Mandurah/ Rockingham area (hey they call that Peel area), bit like West Perth moving to Joondalup when it was evolving.

Far better option than starting a club from scratch and gues what Peel got no concessionslike a Gold Coast or GWS , so was always going to be hard yakka for them.

Not rocket science but a club should have moved there, not create a new club

And not bothering to reply to the "BH Wit" above who must have sniffed the mothballs he was wrapping up in his Swans guernsey until next year

Last edit: by kirbs.

Joh Ditchburn why are you complaining? 8 years 7 months ago #78418

• swan42
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

kirbs wrote:

swan42 wrote:

I used Perth as an example, could have been East or South Fremantle, but some club should have been encouraged $$$$ to move to a fast growing area like the Mandurah/ Rockingham area (hey they call that Peel area), bit like West Perth moving to Joondalup when it was evolving.

Far better option than starting a club from scratch and gues what Peel got no concessionslike a Gold Coast or GWS , so was always going to be hard yakka for them.

Not rocket science but a club should have moved there, not create a new club

And not bothering to reply to the "BH Wit" above who must have sniffed the mothballs he was wrapping up in his Swans guernsey until next year

Kirbs how do you reconcile the host club alignment at Peel with providing opportunities for the juniors in that area to progress to playing WAFL league?

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 370 guests and one member online

• westaussieguy

Newest Footy Recruits

• aCoucky
  • whatoma
  • RobertPes
  • Lost WAFL
  • Duncs1977