Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Dead Man (club) Walking 8 years 11 months ago #69648

• swan42
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Time For a Flag wrote: Never go to Lathlainagain

And I suspect that sentiment would be shared by most of the Perth supporters. I sincerely hope that all Perth members and supporters incessantly and constantly remind the Perth board of the fire consequences to Perth if they get in bed with the devil incarnate of the Eagles.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Dead Man (club) Walking 8 years 11 months ago #69650

• Growler
  • Growler's Avatar Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 1
DW .... geeeez mate you’re a glutton for punishment, inviting me back to my soapbox ha.. :silly:

I cant help but wonder if WADA have sustained this investigation and judging of Essendon's mismanagement and mischievous abuse of players for profit & premierships because too much of the final outcome was managed by the body in control of the sport, no matter the verbal assurance of independence.
I believe that many of us were content to see the end no matter the result simply because it was the end of a sorry and sick saga that raged for almost 2 years ---- way toooo long.... not because the majority felt the outcome was acceptable and correct. This was a major miscalculation by ASADA for not having a ‘closed case’ in their hands when they outrageously paraded Politicians, AFL CEO and others in front of the Australian public gushing the ‘darkest day in Australian sport’ is upon us.

Much like the alignment, it’s a matter of attrition, the grinding down of care and patience. The longer it lasts the easier for the outcome to be what the larger corporate bodies want to accomplish.
We are intellectually molested in this way daily - the politicians speak ‘gobildy-gook’ to any reasonable question posed them - we actually never get a realistic and honest answer, we sit their stunned at the response shaking our heads thinking ‘f....g politicians’ - as frustrating as it is we absorb it and move on, in addition our thoughts remind us 'what can we do about it?'
We now have the Freo club stating quite openly they want greater control of the Peel club and suggest who they will put in place to help achieve this. Peal is so weak and body blowed by years of failure it will be allowed to happen (change from within)'What can we do about it?'

EP have a similar scenario with the media machine stating over & over how wonderful the alignment is with its positive effect for the AFL players to be able to get back to their beloved clubs with the use of the WAFL clubs. Then the odd sacred EP cow paraded out with affirmation of their belief in the new system, this to hopefully quell dissenting voices..
Sadly no mention of what this is doing long-term for the non AFL players being pushed & pulled into a team. No media outcry when one of the two aligned clubs capitulates so spinelessly (my shot here is toward the AFL playing body and its immediate coaching staff) that it’s an embarrassment to the competition, the opposition on the day, the supporters and the general football public.

We are left to debate a mention in the media that an investigation was held into the day’s events with ‘nothing to answer for’ and then unheard of in WA sport, an umpire’s apology to the club …. Really? I feel the aspiration here is for the WA football public’s impassiveness to develop and to allow the AFL to go on its merry way of battering the WAFL at its core for its own monolithic advancement ….actually and sadly insulting one of its main tributaries into the AFL system.
Its like a CAT with a MOUSE…. Permitting it to think it’s going to survive while playing, smacking, pushing, letting it feel it’s free, in control of its future - until the eventual KILL. :evil:

Phewwww ok …Wake up now …. My soapbox just collapsed underneath me with a massive groan haha … :P :P

Dead Man (club) Walking 8 years 11 months ago #69666

• Dirty Weekender
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 374

Growler wrote: DW .... geeeez mate you’re a glutton for punishment, inviting me back to my soapbox ha.. :silly:

I cant help but wonder if WADA have sustained this investigation and judging of Essendon's mismanagement and mischievous abuse of players for profit & premierships because too much of the final outcome was managed by the body in control of the sport, no matter the verbal assurance of independence.
I believe that many of us were content to see the end no matter the result simply because it was the end of a sorry and sick saga that raged for almost 2 years ---- way toooo long.... not because the majority felt the outcome was acceptable and correct. This was a major miscalculation by ASADA for not having a ‘closed case’ in their hands when they outrageously paraded Politicians, AFL CEO and others in front of the Australian public gushing the ‘darkest day in Australian sport’ is upon us.

Much like the alignment, it’s a matter of attrition, the grinding down of care and patience. The longer it lasts the easier for the outcome to be what the larger corporate bodies want to accomplish.
We are intellectually molested in this way daily - the politicians speak ‘gobildy-gook’ to any reasonable question posed them - we actually never get a realistic and honest answer, we sit their stunned at the response shaking our heads thinking ‘f....g politicians’ - as frustrating as it is we absorb it and move on, in addition our thoughts remind us 'what can we do about it?'
We now have the Freo club stating quite openly they want greater control of the Peel club and suggest who they will put in place to help achieve this. Peal is so weak and body blowed by years of failure it will be allowed to happen (change from within)'What can we do about it?'

EP have a similar scenario with the media machine stating over & over how wonderful the alignment is with its positive effect for the AFL players to be able to get back to their beloved clubs with the use of the WAFL clubs. Then the odd sacred EP cow paraded out with affirmation of their belief in the new system, this to hopefully quell dissenting voices..
Sadly no mention of what this is doing long-term for the non AFL players being pushed & pulled into a team. No media outcry when one of the two aligned clubs capitulates so spinelessly (my shot here is toward the AFL playing body and its immediate coaching staff) that it’s an embarrassment to the competition, the opposition on the day, the supporters and the general football public.

We are left to debate a mention in the media that an investigation was held into the day’s events with ‘nothing to answer for’ and then unheard of in WA sport, an umpire’s apology to the club …. Really? I feel the aspiration here is for the WA football public’s impassiveness to develop and to allow the AFL to go on its merry way of battering the WAFL at its core for its own monolithic advancement ….actually and sadly insulting one of its main tributaries into the AFL system.
Its like a CAT with a MOUSE…. Permitting it to think it’s going to survive while playing, smacking, pushing, letting it feel it’s free, in control of its future - until the eventual KILL. :evil:

Phewwww ok …Wake up now …. My soapbox just collapsed underneath me with a massive groan haha … :P :P

Hahaha, finally some passionate words being spoken on a Peel thread...mission accomplished...i know its not quite football match talk itself but a mighty fine effort for a Sunday morning...nice work Growler...you should be offered an honorary life membership down there simply for participating!!!

Last edit: by Dirty Weekender.

Dead Man (club) Walking 8 years 11 months ago #69674

• Growler
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
DW
Guess Id have to wait for the new Freo CEO to take charge to see if they'd let me in hahahaha :cheer:

Not sure what I'd do with the membership tho .... no-one to sit next to in the stands :unsure:

Dead Man (club) Walking 8 years 11 months ago #69677

• Dirty Weekender
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

Growler wrote: DW
Guess Id have to wait for the new Freo CEO to take charge to see if they'd let me in hahahaha :cheer:

Not sure what I'd do with the membership tho .... no-one to sit next to in the stands :unsure:

Ballantyne wing on one side of the ground....Growler wing on the opposite hahaha

Dead Man (club) Walking 8 years 11 months ago #69696

• swan42
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Rest assured the Essendon players should be extremely concerned now that it is going to the CAS. They are the final arbiters and will have no concern nor be influenced by the AFL, Essendon or any Australian politician. What perhaps will be a consolation for the Essednon players is that they may finally find out exactly what was in the injections they were given.

I would also think that a negative finding against the Essendon players were definitively finish James Hird's AFL career permanently.

I would also add that absolutely no-one should have any doubts that what occurred at Essendon was indeed the nadir of Australian sport.

Dead Man (club) Walking 8 years 11 months ago #69706

• Growler
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member

swan42 wrote: Rest assured the Essendon players should be extremely concerned now that it is going to the CAS. They are the final arbiters and will have no concern nor be influenced by the AFL, Essendon or any Australian politician. What perhaps will be a consolation for the Essednon players is that they may finally find out exactly what was in the injections they were given.

I would also think that a negative finding against the Essendon players were definitively finish James Hird's AFL career permanently.

I would also add that absolutely no-one should have any doubts that what occurred at Essendon was indeed the nadir of Australian sport.

Agree totally

Hirds legacy to the sport of AFL football will not be his career as a player but instead the black stain he left at the Essendon Football club and the now worlds eyes o this shitty event with WADA involved.

Hopefully at days end the players (who have been hijacked from the beginning - within - and now again)will finally get their answers and will be put at ease - hopefully.

Dead Man (club) Walking 8 years 11 months ago #69751

• Dirty Weekender
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

swan42 wrote: Rest assured the Essendon players should be extremely concerned now that it is going to the CAS. They are the final arbiters and will have no concern nor be influenced by the AFL, Essendon or any Australian politician. What perhaps will be a consolation for the Essednon players is that they may finally find out exactly what was in the injections they were given.

Personally swan42 I think reports of country coaches in Victoria regularly providing ice to 16yo kids to motivate them to go out and play games of footy is much worse than what happened at Essendon but hey that's just my humble opinion.

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 678 guests and no members online

Newest Footy Recruits

• ChrisGiple
  • Roberttag
  • Edwinric
  • Lost WAFL
  • Duncs1977