Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Dead Man (club) Walking 8 years 11 months ago #69501

• Growler
  • Growler's Avatar Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 1
Dockers want to have bigger say at Peel

John Townsend
May 15, 2015, 8:08 am
Dockers want to have bigger say at Peel
Fremantle are poised to take a greater role in the running of their WAFL affiliate Peel by providing the club’s next chief executive.

While Thunder president John Ditchburn is set to take over the day-to-day running of the club after Bill Kostandas quit last week, the Dockers are likely to forge even closer links when a permanent replacement is appointed.

Ditchburn yesterday refused to say who would be running the club in the short term but it is understood that he would take on an executive role at the club at which he has presided for the past seven years.

Ditchburn has business interests in Mandurah but has previously taken a hands-on role at Peel.

He would not comment on Kostandas’ departure which followed several weeks of rising tensions between the board and chief executive over his performance and the operations of his private sports advisory business.

The former Wollongong soccer administrator is understood to have quit after negotiating a settlement with the club that could force Peel into the red again this year.

The West Australian reported this week that Kostandas asked for a $147,400 termination payment in return for his resignation.

Kostandas was Peel’s 10th chief executive in the 19 barren years of the club’s existence.

He helped the club return a $6000 profit last year, though that figure was aided by Peel not making an annual $50,000 loan repayment to the WA Football Commission.

Peel still owe the commission $300,000 over the 2008 bailout provided to prevent the club going broke.

Fremantle are also likely to have a greater say in the appointment of the next Peel coach and football manager. Coach Cam Shepherd’s contract expires at the end of this season.

And we all have to ask - how the hell can you post a profit when soooooooooooooooo much money is still owed... Can I have their accountants please

One can only remain afraid of how this will all move with greater AFL influence into the board.
If it wasn't before its GOODBYE now ....

as I stated at the top
Dead Man (club) Walking

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Dead Man (club) Walking 8 years 11 months ago #69504

• Barney
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 0
"And we all have to ask - how the hell can you post a profit when soooooooooooooooo much money is still owed..."

Is this a serious question?

Dead Man (club) Walking 8 years 11 months ago #69505

• swan42
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Clearly what is happening at Peel is a taste of what is to come at the club formerly known as East Perth. One would have to deduce from the article that West Coast will look to do the same at "East Perth". One would conclude that it will only be a matter of time before all non-aligned league and reserves coaches at "East Perth" will get the exeunt omnes direction to be replaced by those in the employ of West Coast.

Dead Man (club) Walking 8 years 11 months ago #69511

• westaussieguy
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 357
That's what a take-over is.
According to my dictionary, when a takeover happens, the acquiring company becomes responsible for all of the target company’s operations etcetera. A welcome takeover generally goes smoothly because both companies consider it a positive situation.

Dead Man (club) Walking 8 years 11 months ago #69527

• Growler
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member

Barney wrote: "And we all have to ask - how the hell can you post a profit when soooooooooooooooo much money is still owed..."

geeeeeeee maybe not??
I hope you can enlighten us all as to what noun or adjective you might place on my mass of letters forming words

Take us back to the 70's by all means .................... don't take too long though, I am giddy with anticipation.

Dead Man (club) Walking 8 years 11 months ago #69531

• Barney
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 0

Growler wrote:

Barney wrote: "And we all have to ask - how the hell can you post a profit when soooooooooooooooo much money is still owed..."

geeeeeeee maybe not??
I hope you can enlighten us all as to what noun or adjective you might place on my mass of letters forming words

Take us back to the 70's by all means .................... don't take too long though, I am giddy with anticipation.

I would call it a question most school kids would laugh at. Suggest you look up the difference between profit and debt, also might want to check how many businesses in Australia post big profits with large amounts of debt. Mining industry would a great place to start.

Dead Man (club) Walking 8 years 11 months ago #69534

• swan42
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

anchorman wrote: Isn't this what almost all posters here have been saying since the alignment!!!! I don't see what you are all moaning about.
I think Barney has hit the nail on the head. Maybe he needs to do the same with some here. :ohmy:
Sorry just kidding.

So A/man you don't have a problem with two WAFL clubs having no consideration for the integrity of the WAFL competition? You don't have a problem if those two clubs use the WAFL competition as mere practice games without any consideration or emphasis on trying to win games? You don't have any empathy to supporters of those teams who will be forced to either support a team which potentially doesn't try to win games or walk away from the club they may have supported for decades?

Dead Man (club) Walking 8 years 11 months ago #69537

• swan42
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

anchorman wrote: Swan almost every poster here who hates the Peel Thunder and the alignment have been screaming for Fremantle to take over the club. Now it looks like it is going to happen you are all screaming bloody blue murder. You can't have your cake and eat it. You have to make up your minds at to what you want.
The G7 had the option of allowing Fremantle to take over Peel earlier but they refused.
I just believe that, and I have said it before, there is just a mob of moaning groaning old fart here who would growl that they won a Million in lotto this week when last week it was worth $21mil.
The sooner the AFL takes over the better. ;)

My position has been from the start and remains now and into the future the host club alignment should be scrapped. Freo's takeover of Peel is another step towas the complete prostition of the WAFL competition. Absolutely no-one who has any semblance of support for the integrity of the WAFL competition could support an action which explicitly compromises the worth of the WAFL competition. Further anyone who advocates the AFL taking over the WAFL has ABSOLUTELY NO concern for the WAFL competition.

Dead Man (club) Walking 8 years 11 months ago #69539

• swan42
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

anchorman wrote: ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ
The wheels of the bus go round and round.

Good to see that you concede that you are wrong on this issue A/man; the only other interpration of your comment above would not reflect too well.

Dead Man (club) Walking 8 years 11 months ago #69543

• Growler
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member

Barney wrote:

Growler wrote:

geeeeeeee maybe not??

I would call it a question most school kids would laugh at. Suggest you look up the difference between profit and debt, also might want to check how many businesses in Australia post big profits with large amounts of debt. Mining industry would a great place to start.

Oh goody Mr holier than thou
Wonderful summation of argument to initiate the financial sector as a reference to stand behind
Because they have all done such wonderful jobs looking after the minor sections of their business in the world of Profit over/V’s Debt

These lesser sectors being the actual employees and in some cases stockholders (god help us from publicly listed companies)
Whenever the $ loss hits the fan all I have seen is pain visited upon the lesser individuals, as I have mentioned above, and this will be the outcome for the non AFL players and then passionate supporters to these 2 clubs in particular, some it being shown to us now.

Now - let’s look at the mining sector the bastion of moralizing virtues and trustworthiness to subordinates
1 x e.g. Fortescue, that is ludicrously overburdened with debt and now refinanced 'once again' with horrendous interest rates of debt payment to eventually make –
Over 600 jobs slashed in the last 3 months and that's not due to camps and sites moving from Construction to Production, these regions were already in production with the reduced manpower in place; another 100 JOBS ONLY WEEKS AGO - these in transport/trucking for Fortescue.

One other mining company, RIO, slashing 700 jobs with more to come, their debts do not match others but non-the less in their case the preserving of profits paramount in their rational. From the boardroom and those that travel least from Leather seat to Pilbara dust these decisions made with corporate validation...
more than several others running on debt rather than profit have collapsed causing more mayhem to employees/supporters
Let’s not even touch on the brink of financial ruin the American Housing market propped up by the banks and financial institutions almost bought to the entire world - living in false economies, manifesting DEPT as a GOOD thing, twisted and ripped to substantiate greed

And so while on this SOAP BOX I point to where this conversation began - maybe I should be accused of being a foolish idealistic - but better for my soul and my values that I am that , than a person who argues the merit of false Profit over actual existing/factual debt...
No matter the school that teaches it or the child taught to spout it!!

Buyer beware – the snake oil salesman abound

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 486 guests and 4 members online

• Success Hill
  • one time only

Newest Footy Recruits

• aCoucky
  • whatoma
  • RobertPes
  • Lost WAFL
  • Duncs1977