Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Match of the round 8 years 11 months ago #68606

• Freezin
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 925
42 if that choice you speak of, also meant that they wouldn't have an AFL contract too then I reckon you may be disappointed mate.... I reckon if half of SD youngsters were also given that choice of wearing a Peel jumper for an AFL contract they would jump ship tomorrow.....

interesting also 42 that Peel actually had as many teenagers playing for them as SD did.....technically more.....and less centurions and less 50 game plus players than SD did....... and if you stretch that 20 game mark of yours by 10, Peel had more players than SD who had played under 30 games.....

yeah most of these are full time footy players but sheet how many AFL footballers out there who are fantastically tuned athletes but actually shite footballers?...... I thought experience was honed playing under match conditions and not simply on the training track or in the gym.....

SD are doing a fantastic job developing their youngsters etc no one doubts that, but you seem to forget a shed load of Peels youngsters are the same age as SD youngsters, yet living in a different state, many miles away from family etc.....so physically they may be "better off" but mentally are they better off?.....

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Freezin.

Match of the round 8 years 11 months ago #68612

• Beasley Hutton
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 2876

anchorman wrote:

Freezin wrote: RD was it simply a case of that bad day in the office experience that most clubs have time to time during a season for Peel last weekend? EF had a shocker v Peel a month back, SD had one v EF a few weeks back, they do happen, bit fustrating but I guess Peel's youngsters will have their ups n downs like other youngsters in the WAFL will have........youngsters like Blakely, Grey, Ballard, Weller, Lawler, Winton, Deluca, Apeness, Pearce, Vandeleur, Hughes etc will peak and trough through out the season no matter how many times they train.....you only get experience from playing games I guess.......touch wood they all learnt from SD passion & committment and transfer that into their own footy careers.

Hey Freez, you betta check that someone hasn't hacked into your Ozfooty account.
Am I reading this right!!!!!
Geez if you have written that you better get ready for a barrage from the G7 members here.
I get howled down from them when I raise that issue.
But you are right about them needing the passion to play for the jumper. They will learn from the senior payers from other clubs at WAFL level for sure.

Didnt see you at the game anchor cheering on your beloved Fweo boys ..let me guess you couldnt get the zimmerframe through the turnstyles!! :silly:

Match of the round 8 years 11 months ago #68613

• swan42
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Freezin wrote: 42 if that choice you speak of, also meant that they wouldn't have an AFL contract too then I reckon you may be disappointed mate.... I reckon if half of SD youngsters were also given that choice of wearing a Peel jumper for an AFL contract they would jump ship tomorrow.....

interesting also 42 that Peel actually had as many teenagers playing for them as SD did.....technically more.....and less centurions and less 50 game plus players than SD did....... and if you stretch that 20 game mark of yours by 10, Peel had more players than SD who had played under 30 games.....

yeah most of these are full time footy players but sheet how many AFL footballers out there who are fantastically tuned athletes but actually shite footballers?...... I thought experience was honed playing under match conditions and not simply on the training track or in the gym.....

SD are doing a fantastic job developing their youngsters etc no one doubts that, but you seem to forget a shed load of Peels youngsters are the same age as SD youngsters, yet living in a different state, many miles away from family etc.....so physically they may be "better off" but mentally are they better off?.....

Freezin perhaps I should have highlighted 'had a choice'. You surely are not suggesting Freezin that full-time Freo footy players under Freo's guidance 168 hours per week for around 42-44 weeks per year are not developing as fast or as far as the footy part-timers at Swans? wouldn't that make a mockery of the premise for the host club alignment?

Last edit: by swan42.

Match of the round 8 years 11 months ago #68628

• Freezin
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
42......we al5l know the alignment is flawed mate, you and others here bang on about it 168 hrs a week, 42 -44 weeks a year.......what you say makes sense I totally agree with you.......SD won the game thru their greater desire, passion and committment for the black & white jumper and the battle on the day......attributes that cant be developed on the training track or in the gym......

......you seem to convienantly ignore that majority of Peels players are just as young and inexperienced as SD players........and actually unlike the SD youngsters arent local boys born and bred into the SD ethic, havent come up thru the junior ranks, possessing that burning desire to represent the club they have probably grown up supporting or playing junior development footy for......in addition to having to cope with the added pressure of being from interstate playing for a club they havent even heard of before......

like SD youngsters, Peels youngsters will peak and trough consistency wise.......yeah the Peel boys will or should develop faster but atleast the SD players know which jumper they are playing for......not so sure about the Peel boys.......do they consider themselves Peel boys actually?........

Match of the round 8 years 11 months ago #68632

• swan42
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

anchorman wrote: You are wasting your time Freez.They just can't see the point that you are making.
I made mention to Terror the other day that he was like a mongrel dog looking for a bone, I think that Swan belongs to the same kennel.
Swan, the boys from Swans had their choice.... they selected Fremantle. They are now Fremantle players. Given their drothers right now, they would play in hessian jumpers, over the Black and white of Swans...Why, because they want to play football at the elite level. Gee how long ago was it that Footy goss closed down!!!!! we been down this path before. How many more times does it have to be spelt out to you?

BH ,tell me what did I have for brekky this morning!!!! Don't give up your day time job, if you have one that is, for comedy, because you certainly aren't funny.

A/man I will try to put this as eloquently as I can: just because you and G. Walton want us to move on isn't a reason why it should occur. Put simply how many WAFL games have you been to in the last 2 seasons? For those WHO ACTUALLY ATTEND WAFL games, the host club alignment is not something which we are going to accept. Just have a look at the attendances at the WAFL last week end. A magnificent day with no opposition from the Eagles or the Dockers and we get fewer than 5,500 attend the four games. Where were all the Peel supporters at Basso on Saturday? Their club is flying apparently (2nd on the ladder) and how many supporters were there for the league game? The host club alignment has alienated a significant number of WAFL supporters and this was reflected in the shocking attendance at the 2014 WAFL GF and continues to wreak havoc with the 2015 attendances.

Finally, I understand that you are perfectly entitled to post comments on this forum as others can including me. The corollary to that is we have a right to express our displeasure with the host club alignment and we will continue to express our opinion even though it might result in a certain degree of angst for you and G. Walton.

Match of the round 8 years 11 months ago #68633

• Beasley Hutton
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Freeze a point you and the Freo fuddy duddy seem to conveniently miss out in these debates are that the FART & WART players are considered in the best 70 players in the country at the time of drafting. With the scrutiny on these recruiters to stay employed in the gravy train that is the AFL like never before they are hardly going to deliberately pick up duds now are they ..but then that doesn't help with the point you are trying to make now does it fellas!! :whistle:

Match of the round 8 years 11 months ago #68648

• Freezin
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
BH...fark mate are you saying the likes of Ryley Dunn, Toby Stribling, Ben Bucovacz, Chris Hall, Tim Houlihan weren't duds?.....I'm sure you and many other WAFL fans can think of many more AFL drafted examples.....I aint entering that debate,my argument is simply you guys say SD did fantastically well with such a young and inexperienced side beating Peel.....all I'm saying is that the numbers show Peels side was just as young and as inexperienced.....

yet because these boys were drafted in the best 70 players of their age group and train 5 days a week, their similar ages and limited senior footy experience should be disregarded?.......time will tell if the Peel boys are duds or not.....but in terms of age and senior experience, the likes of Nuich, Daniels etc are no different to Weller, Hughes etc.......stop ignoring that fact......training 5 days a week won't magically increase a players mental age or match day nous.....it will only fast track them physically.....which didn't help the likes of Dunn, Stribling, Bucovacz, Houlihan and Hall an awful lot during their esteemed WAFL careers did it? :whistle:

Match of the round 8 years 11 months ago #68652

• Beasley Hutton
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Freeze from those esteemed draftees you named like Bucovaz, Hall et al how many were only rookie listed players? Can you name how many top 30 picks played for FART on Saturday vs how many were from Swans? I will even give you a helping hand a few of those players are not even on Freos current list!

Match of the round 8 years 11 months ago #68655

• Freezin
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
BH the likes of Ames and Simpson weren't drafted, yet the likes of Mitch Brown or Schofield were.....are you saying because they were drafted and train 5 days a week that the latter two boys are better footballers than the former two?.........

yes Peel had more top 30 drafted players on Sat than SD..same as SD had more guys with 50 games plus senior experience then Peel did....

all drafting does is put these kids into the spotlight earlier and increase the expectations from fans like you ten fold.....doesn't make sense......a drafted 19 yr old with 5 WAFL league games experience is no different in terms of age and experience to a non drafted 19 yr old....show me the comparison in age and games between Peel and SD sides last sat and I'll be happy to agree with you about SD side being younger and less experienced than Peel's.......

Match of the round 8 years 11 months ago #68686

• swan42
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Freezin wrote: BH the likes of Ames and Simpson weren't drafted, yet the likes of Mitch Brown or Schofield were.....are you saying because they were drafted and train 5 days a week that the latter two boys are better footballers than the former two?.........

yes Peel had more top 30 drafted players on Sat than SD..same as SD had more guys with 50 games plus senior experience then Peel did....

all drafting does is put these kids into the spotlight earlier and increase the expectations from fans like you ten fold.....doesn't make sense......a drafted 19 yr old with 5 WAFL league games experience is no different in terms of age and experience to a non drafted 19 yr old....show me the comparison in age and games between Peel and SD sides last sat and I'll be happy to agree with you about SD side being younger and less experienced than Peel's.......

Freezin to make sure we are comparing oranges with oranges. What benefits are accrued by being a footy player on an AFL list in terms of coaching, recovery, IT infrastructure e.g. coaching aids, film, etc? If there are significant benefits by being a member of an AFL footy club, would it be reasonable to suggest that a two game WAFL player is most likely not advanced than a 2 game AFL player.

Last edit: by swan42.

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 692 guests and one member online

• Bulldog1990

Newest Footy Recruits

• Eddieskago
  • chaibrA
  • AbrahamErype
  • whatoma
  • ChrisGiple