Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Notice: Undefined offset: 1 in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 69
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

No supporters - no internet???? 8 years 11 months ago #65254

• swan42
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

jardine wrote:

Country member wrote: Absolutely spot on, Jardine. The only thing I would disagree with is why "Mandurah Dockers"? Why not Fremantle Dockers and play at Fremantle Oval. It is well and truly overtime for the WAFC to man up, admit the Peel experiment is a complete failure and end it. This year.

the only reason I didn't suggest what you said was because I feel the WAFC are so inept at this subject, that would be asking way too much. But your idea would be the best I agree. Im sure anchorman would like it, and under the circumstances I would prefer it that way too.

But my bet is everything will just keep meekly rolling along at the second rate pace it is now, even in 10 years.

Shouldn't it be Cockburn Dockers?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

No supporters - no internet???? 8 years 11 months ago #65261

• jardine
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 0

swan42 wrote: So when is the club formerly known as East Perth going to change their jumper to blue and yellow?

I wouldn't know.
And what has that got to do with what I have been suggesting?
Swan42 maybe you can ad to the discussion instead of the predictable tired old bulldust. Nothing personal, I just don't see the logic. I actually want a better WAFL for your club my friend. Anything is better than what has transpired today.

No supporters - no internet???? 8 years 11 months ago #65262

• jardine
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member

swan42 wrote: Shouldn't it be Cockburn Dockers?

From Peel, which are scraps we put in the bin.
To Cock Burn, which requires an ointment.

It just keeps getting better

No supporters - no internet???? 8 years 11 months ago #65264

• Southerner
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Lifelong Bulldog .... the alignments are PISH
  • Thank you received: 1191
Problem goes back further Jardy , Mandurah were an afterthought given that the original plan was for the SWNFL to be admitted into the comp
The recruiting zones have been distorted badly due to Mandurah's admittance adding to this debacle we have

No supporters - no internet???? 8 years 11 months ago #66553

• Jimmy Two Times
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 19
Where are your guys ?

Your club just won two games in a row and nobody is talking about it.

There must be some Peel fans at there.

Give us some footy banter.

No supporters - no internet???? 8 years 11 months ago #66554

• Beasley Hutton
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 2872

Jimmy Two Times wrote: Where are your guys ?

Your club just won two games in a row and nobody is talking about it.

There must be some Peel fans at there.

Give us some footy banter.

Quite simply FART dont have any supporters other than Freo sycophants like Anchorman who want to wank about the Freo Reserves stats playing against amateurs with full time jobs!

No supporters - no internet???? 8 years 11 months ago #66558

• Time For a Flag
  • Away
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • The VFL is not the AFL
  • Thank you received: 129

jardine wrote: and to reiterate my argument, for example the WP v Peel game on Saturday attracted 1,900. Had it have been a WEST PERTH vs DOCKERS game the crowd would have attracted over 3,500 at a minimum. Parents and kids identify with West Coast & Fremantle whether we traditionalists like it or not. Working with them this way, in terms of rubbing up against their identity is good promotion for all WAFL clubs. It needs to be utilized now, before we cook ourselves like a burnt roast.

100% Correct Jardine
Victorians still laugh at West Aussies because of the way we bailed out the vfl and then allowed it to be called it the AFL!

No supporters - no internet???? 8 years 11 months ago #66563

• swan42
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Time For a Flag wrote:

jardine wrote: and to reiterate my argument, for example the WP v Peel game on Saturday attracted 1,900. Had it have been a WEST PERTH vs DOCKERS game the crowd would have attracted over 3,500 at a minimum. Parents and kids identify with West Coast & Fremantle whether we traditionalists like it or not. Working with them this way, in terms of rubbing up against their identity is good promotion for all WAFL clubs. It needs to be utilized now, before we cook ourselves like a burnt roast.

100% Correct Jardine

Jardine how many people were at the East Freo versus the club formerly known as East Perth game? This after we were told this game was going to be heavily promoted to the Eagles' supporters. By extension also are you suggesting that the host club aligned team to the Eagles should be called the Eagles? To pre-empt a response no I don't support a stand-alone team for the Eagles. Fundamentally it doesn't resolve either the decrease in the integrity of the WAFL competition nor the problem of playing being forced to play against the WAFL club they were drafted from. Additionally, it would have an adverse impact on whichever competition the players required to fill the reserves' teams if they were stand-alone teams.

No supporters - no internet???? 8 years 11 months ago #66651

• ArkRoyal
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1215
Swan 42: I agree with all your arguments, they should be made to honour their agreement with the clubs made back in 1987; but, as I have said, we can't get the 'so-called G7' united against the alignment.

We have to face the following:
Peel
EP
PFC

plus, Subiaco, which has never spoken out

CL
SF
EF
SD
WP

all seem solid, but they are barely half the competition. Just to clarify, I am talking about boards not the supporters of clubs.

Last edit: by ArkRoyal.

No supporters - no internet???? 8 years 11 months ago #66693

• jardine
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member

swan42 wrote: Jardine how many people were at the East Freo versus the club formerly known as East Perth game? This after we were told this game was going to be heavily promoted to the Eagles' supporters.

You actually reiterate my point exactly Swan42.

Eagles people do not, will not, and never will identify themselves with East Perth. They are DNA designed to respond to the term "Eagles" and the colours Blue & Gold. Likewise Dockers people with Peel Thunder. Its all the same. The crowds therefore will be either the same as normal, or more likely less given the disenfranchised people like myself.

Like I have expressed on countless occasions, we would love all AFL players to be spread evenly across all WAFL clubs, creating a fairer competition. I want that as much as you do. But its beyond ever going back to that now. It just wont happen, so why linger on about it. Trying to get something better is better than doing nothing at all isn't it?

The idea Ive suggested isn't anything new. The SANFL are doing the exact same thing I am suggesting. And it is working better than the alternative. Their crowds are better, the TV,Radio and print media are interested, and their traditional SANFL clubs overall benefit better as a result. This is all fact, nothing made up here. So given that, why the hell would anyone oppose it?

As for the usual questions about East Perth changing their name to the Eagles and taking on their colours etc etc. I am not interested in that or trying to have a logical discussion about it because I would have thought its obvious by now where I stand on that. I want East Perth to be East Perth always. I want Perth to be Perth always, I want South Fremantle to be South Fremantle always, I want Swan Districts to be Swan Districts always yada yada yada yada. And the only way I can see such a thing happening is if we follow the SANFL model 100%.

But as usual the South Aussies leave us here in WA for dead. They must truly think we hate our football over here, given the arse about way we do and accept things.

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 392 guests and 2 members online

• Time For a Flag
  • Swedgen

Newest Footy Recruits

• MiltonRutty
  • BhoblhRhync
  • MRanker - Fiverr
  • whatoma
  • RobertPes