Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Notice: Undefined offset: 1 in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 69
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

No supporters - no internet???? 9 years 1 day ago #65021

• South4eva
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • Thank you received: 1
Now if their supporters washed just once week, it would be fine…but I refuse to go down to Rushton park, when the place stinks to the high heavens of BO…& they won’t let u in their members area  :ohmy:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by South4eva.

No supporters - no internet???? 9 years 1 day ago #65023

• jardine
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 0

Odds On wrote: The Freo alignment defeats the purpose of the whole set up of the club initially

Yes it does.

We all hate what the alignments have done. But for the minimal sake of credibility of the WAFL, and I use that term lightly, Peel need to be rebadged as the Mandurah Dockers. Stop this joke of pretending they are a club called Peel. The public and the TV networks will get so much more out of it, and dare I say it the end result will be more attention to the WAFL and the traditional clubs.

If the Eagles could have a stand alone side and marketed simply as the WCEagles, that too would be a profile boost for the whole league.

East Perth back as East Perth, 10 teams, Even comp, Far better proposition for 7Mate, more sponsorship opportunities for the league, more money, a competition that may actually thrive. Its an absolute no brainer, rather than the uneven charade we have today. I hope 7 actually push for this. Lets face it, its never going to go back to what we want is it? So the alternative is better than the current.

Imagine a game in todays climate for example : Swan Districts vs East Perth on Channel 7. Then imagine the interest if the game was Swan Districts vs WCEagles. There is a huge difference and I'd say a larger audience. Better still if/when Swans knock them off on statewide television, the credibility for the WAFL increases. Its even better publicity for the AFL clubs doing it this way, given their own supporters will watch it. Id say not many of them watch East Perth because they don't identify with them on an automatic level. Every way you look at it, its a stronger viable format. Win Win Win.

Last edit: by jardine.

No supporters - no internet???? 9 years 1 day ago #65025

• mikeh
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 2007

jardine wrote:

Odds On wrote: The Freo alignment defeats the purpose of the whole set up of the club initially

Yes it does.

We all hate what the alignments have done. But for the minimal sake of credibility of the WAFL, and I use that term lightly, Peel need to be rebadged as the Mandurah Dockers. Stop this joke of pretending they are a club called Peel. The public and the TV networks will get so much more out of it, and dare I say it the end result will be more attention to the WAFL and the traditional clubs.

If the Eagles could have a stand alone side and marketed simply as the WCEagles, that too would be a profile boost for the whole league.

East Perth back as East Perth, 10 teams, Even comp, Far better proposition for 7Mate, more sponsorship opportunities for the league, more money, a competition that may actually thrive. Its an absolute no brainer, rather than the uneven charade we have today. I hope 7 actually push for this. Lets face it, its never going to go back to what we want is it? So the alternative is better than the current.

Imagine a game in todays climate for example : Swan Districts vs East Perth on Channel 7. Then imagine the interest if the game was Swan Districts vs WCEagles. There is a huge difference and I'd say a larger audience. Better still if/when Swans knock them off on statewide television, the credibility for the WAFL increases. Its even better publicity for the AFL clubs doing it this way, given their own supporters will watch it. Id say not many of them watch East Perth because they don't identify with them on an automatic level. Every way you look at it, its a stronger viable format. Win Win Win.

Great post Jardine, agree 100%, need people with the same type of thinking on the WAFC. Unfortunately seems to be lacking.......

No supporters - no internet???? 9 years 1 day ago #65026

• Odds On
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Great post Jardine...totally agree

Its funny, they called them Peel instead of Mandurah so the whole south west region would feel part of the team....Guess what - 20 years later, the whole of the South West think they are a joke and just a Mandurah team.

No supporters - no internet???? 8 years 11 months ago #65131

• swan42
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

anchorman wrote:

jardine wrote:

Yes it does.

Without doubt a very good post jardine. But the bold part is the sticking point for me. Remember that both the AFL sides wanted their own stand alone side in the WAFL. This was rejected by all of the WAFL clubs.

If you would like me to rebut the vast majority of the points made by jardine please let me know a/man. The only point I will make at this point in time is that today's game was Swans versus the Eagles' reserves team. It would be more honest if the team that was formerly known as East Perth wore the same jumber as the Eagles. The host club alignment has ripped the heart and soul out of the East perth club and they exist only as shell. The only legitimate East Perth team is the Colts which is presumably why the likes of Grump continue to supprt them. Ditto for Peel; should be wearing the Dockers' jumper.

No supporters - no internet???? 8 years 11 months ago #65158

• Swandog
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 386
Know one gives a rats arse about this pathetic so called footy club. The "no excuses football club" even had Ross Lyon barking instructions to the Peel players today? And they still lost!! :lol: :lol: Cam Shepard is just a puppet and I wonder how he really feels as this experience wouldnt be doing his future in coaching any good, or is he being payed that well he couldn't care less
Beneath the Southern cross i stand, on Bassendean Oval, can in hand, Swan Districts, you Farkin Beauty!

Last edit: by Swandog.

No supporters - no internet???? 8 years 11 months ago #65165

• Country member
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 41
Absolutely spot on, Jardine. The only thing I would disagree with is why "Mandurah Dockers"? Why not Fremantle Dockers and play at Fremantle Oval. It is well and truly overtime for the WAFC to man up, admit the Peel experiment is a complete failure and end it. This year.

Last edit: by Country member.

No supporters - no internet???? 8 years 11 months ago #65238

• jardine
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member

Country member wrote: Absolutely spot on, Jardine. The only thing I would disagree with is why "Mandurah Dockers"? Why not Fremantle Dockers and play at Fremantle Oval. It is well and truly overtime for the WAFC to man up, admit the Peel experiment is a complete failure and end it. This year.

the only reason I didn't suggest what you said was because I feel the WAFC are so inept at this subject, that would be asking way too much. But your idea would be the best I agree. Im sure anchorman would like it, and under the circumstances I would prefer it that way too.

But my bet is everything will just keep meekly rolling along at the second rate pace it is now, even in 10 years.

No supporters - no internet???? 8 years 11 months ago #65239

• jardine
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
and to reiterate my argument, for example the WP v Peel game on Saturday attracted 1,900. Had it have been a WEST PERTH vs DOCKERS game the crowd would have attracted over 3,500 at a minimum. Parents and kids identify with West Coast & Fremantle whether we traditionalists like it or not. Working with them this way, in terms of rubbing up against their identity is good promotion for all WAFL clubs. It needs to be utilized now, before we cook ourselves like a burnt roast.

No supporters - no internet???? 8 years 11 months ago #65253

• swan42
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

jardine wrote: and to reiterate my argument, for example the WP v Peel game on Saturday attracted 1,900. Had it have been a WEST PERTH vs DOCKERS game the crowd would have attracted over 3,500 at a minimum. Parents and kids identify with West Coast & Fremantle whether we traditionalists like it or not. Working with them this way, in terms of rubbing up against their identity is good promotion for all WAFL clubs. It needs to be utilized now, before we cook ourselves like a burnt roast.

So when is the club formerly known as East Perth going to change their jumper to blue and yellow?

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 296 guests and 3 members online

• Southerner
  • Stinker
  • Johnny Leonard

Newest Footy Recruits

• MRanker - Fiverr
  • whatoma
  • RobertPes
  • Lost WAFL