Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Notice: Undefined offset: 1 in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 69
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

2013 Possible League List 11 years 2 months ago #4517

• smokey
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 213
BH, we probably shouldn't let facts get in the way of a good bash at the Perth Football Club but.....
The Perth Board was opposed to the inclusion of Peel but the then President went against the Board's decision when the vote was taken and the rest is history.

Of course, there were some WAFL clubs who voted in favour of Peel.

Are you sure that your club was not one of them????? Glasshouses????

:ohmy: :ohmy:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by smokey.

2013 Possible League List 11 years 2 months ago #4518

• Demons Forever
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 248
Never did get re-elected did he?
It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It's the size of the fight in the dog.
Winning isn't everything. It's the ONLY THING !!!!!!
I shot the fukin sherriff!!!!

2013 Possible League List 11 years 2 months ago #4521

• Trav
  • Thank you received: 0

Beasley Hutton wrote: I thought the whole idea of the WAFC in pushing the case for this mob was to have somewhere for all the Mandurah, Rockingham, Eaton, Australind, Collie, Harvey etc boys coming through to play their football close to home?? And yet close to 2/3's of their squad are outsiders chasing the $$$$$. :ohmy:
Oh dear what the WAFC & the Perth FC have only created here is a massive drain on WA football finances! :angry:
If only we could turn back the clock 17 years hey DF!! :oops:

I agree BH, I was at the Colts training last night and watched ~50 young guys training and thinking where are they going to go after this??? Maybe they should get a transfer now to another WAFL club but at this stage it is very hard on the players.

What sort of pathway do they have now? Maybe the kids from the South West should just go through the Landmark carnivals and hope to get picked up from there.

Or is there another master plan that I am not aware of for the young players. (did someone say that they thought there would be just a u19's comp left in a couple of years????)

2013 Possible League List 11 years 2 months ago #4527

• Beasley Hutton
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 2872

smokey wrote: BH, we probably shouldn't let facts get in the way of a good bash at the Perth Football Club but.....
The Perth Board was opposed to the inclusion of Peel but the then President went against the Board's decision when the vote was taken and the rest is history.

Swan Districts certainly did NOT vote Peel in unlike your good selves (Catalano) & why would we as we stood to lose & eventually did lose half of our country zone!
..might I add we were one of only 2 clubs against the Eagles & Fremantle being formed
..also against the host club rubbish originally back in 98/99 & once again we are fighting against it now
..over to you now smokey!! B)

Last edit: by Beasley Hutton.

2013 Possible League List 11 years 2 months ago #4529

• La Hincha
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
I'm sure the 7 non-host clubs will be watching Peel's colts very closely for the time these lads turn 19.

2013 Possible League List 11 years 2 months ago #4544

• Demons Forever
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 248
Well done BH.

SD certainly leads the WAFL in every that's good.

We need to aspire to that.
It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It's the size of the fight in the dog.
Winning isn't everything. It's the ONLY THING !!!!!!
I shot the fukin sherriff!!!!

2013 Possible League List 11 years 2 months ago #4547

• Trav
  • Thank you received: 0
I am sure that you are right LH, but hopefully the players manage a few games of League during their time in the Colts to assist in their development, but I think that the opportunities will be limited.

2013 Possible League List 11 years 2 months ago #4551

• La Hincha
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Trav wrote: I am sure that you are right LH, but hopefully the players manage a few games of League during their time in the Colts to assist in their development, but I think that the opportunities will be limited.

Yeah, very very limited. I don't even want to imagine their squad for 2014.

2013 Possible League List 11 years 2 months ago #4554

• smokey
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 213

Beasley Hutton wrote:

smokey wrote: BH, we probably shouldn't let facts get in the way of a good bash at the Perth Football Club but.....

Swan Districts certainly did NOT vote Peel in unlike your good selves (Catalano) & why would we as we stood to lose & eventually did lose half of our country zone!
..might I add we were one of only 2 clubs against the Eagles & Fremantle being formed
..also against the host club rubbish originally back in 98/99 & once again we are fighting against it now
..over to you now smokey!! B)

Nowhere did I say SD voted for Peel. Was asking only.
Just pointing out that there were WAFL clubs who did and so it is unfair to say that Perth (by default of it's President) were soley responsible.

It would be interesting to know which club voted for or against.

2013 Possible League List 11 years 2 months ago #4555

• MarkOlsen
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 514
the Peel president had a whinge last year about recruiting blokes down to Peel due to the unemployment levels in Mandurah and young kids moving to the city for uni/work..

obviously had no troubles finding work for Bower, Hawksley, Jacky,Motlop and Cruize Garlett to go with their recruits that are already there or is Freo paying for all of this ?

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 284 guests and one member online

• Success Hill

Newest Footy Recruits

• BhoblhRhync
  • MRanker - Fiverr
  • whatoma
  • RobertPes
  • Lost WAFL