Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Fixtures! - WHY! 9 years 9 months ago #47032

• Jimmy Two Times
  • Jimmy Two Times's Avatar Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 19
Why did the WAFL have Peel playing at the same time as the Freo v WCE, especially with Fremantle being the home team?

I throught one of the reason for the alignment was for Peel to tap into the Fremantle Dockers supporters base and enhance their clubs profile. All Fremantle Dockers fans would be watching the Western Derby, they wouldn't known anything about Peel playing Subiaco.

They want Freo fans to support Peel and watch their games, but they don't help with the fixtures. A no brainer!

I am not surprise anyway with fixturing. The WAFL have a very little hindsight with the fixtures.

No wonders our football comp going backwards. Or I am I overacting?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Fixtures! - WHY! 9 years 9 months ago #47034

• Leedy
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 148

Jimmy Two Times wrote: Why did the WAFL have Peel playing at the same time as the Freo v WCE, especially with Fremantle being the home team?

I throught one of the reason for the alignment was for Peel to tap into the Fremantle Dockers supporters base and enhance their clubs profile. All Fremantle Dockers fans would be watching the Western Derby, they wouldn't known anything about Peel playing Subiaco.

They want Freo fans to support Peel and watch their games, but they don't help with the fixtures. A no brainer!

I am not surprise anyway with fixturing. The WAFL have a very little hindsight with the fixtures.

Just another example of the alignment pulling the piss out of the integrity of the WAFL with the 2 players arriving just prior to 1/2 time !

Fixtures! - WHY! 9 years 9 months ago #47037

• Jimmy Two Times
  • Jimmy Two Times's Avatar Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 19
Further to my comments, the Freo players playing for Peel such as Morabito, De Boer, Griffin, Bradley and Co, wouldn't they have wanted to be at the western derby game, supporting their team mates, soaking up the atmosphere, celebrating the win and gifting the aspiration and drive to play AFL football. Plus have their team mates watch and support them in the WAFL. .?..?

Fixtures! - WHY! 9 years 9 months ago #47038

• 58shark
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 553
To be honest jimmy, Peel could play anywhere any time and very few would give a rats clacker. Unfortunately for them and the other team, their masters are just treating them like lab rats.
2x25= Seinor and Michael = 1xBrian Peake

Fixtures! - WHY! 9 years 9 months ago #47039

• westaussieguy
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 357
No Jimmy, you are not there to try and understand it I'm sad to say. We're supposed to all stand around and believe all the lies and bullshit offered by the 'so called' experts and officialdom. All this alignment is supposedly fantastic didn't you know. Just proves the point big business walking around with it's eyes closed and doesn't give a toss!!

Fixtures! - WHY! 9 years 9 months ago #47168

• oobisoobi
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 39
Would have been less than 100 people on top of players and officials supporting Peel yesterday.

Barely a wimper from them when they were scoring and in front.

Fixtures! - WHY! 9 years 9 months ago #47171

• kirbs
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 17

Leedy wrote:

Jimmy Two Times wrote: Why did the WAFL have Peel playing at the same time as the Freo v WCE, especially with Fremantle being the home team?

Just another example of the alignment pulling the piss out of the integrity of the WAFL with the 2 players arriving just prior to 1/2 time !

No it's not Leedy, Freo have every right to have there Emergencies on standby and if there is a game for there Resi's (Peel) that has been fixtured at the same time (WAFL fixturing incompetence)they are entitled to play albeit only a half because bad fixturing caused that.

Fixtures! - WHY! 9 years 9 months ago #47172

• kirbs
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 17

Jimmy Two Times wrote: Further to my comments, the Freo players playing for Peel such as Morabito, De Boer, Griffin, Bradley and Co, wouldn't they have wanted to be at the western derby game, supporting their team mates, soaking up the atmosphere, celebrating the win and gifting the aspiration and drive to play AFL football. Plus have their team mates watch and support them in the WAFL. .?..?

Great comment JTT, the WAFL need to have a good hard look at a lot of things they do

Last edit: by kirbs.

Fixtures! - WHY! 9 years 9 months ago #47470

• strono
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 89
gee subi must of been thinking how good is this with peel having only 2 players on the bench for nearly a half

absolute disgrace peel fc to say this was ok!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Fixtures! - WHY! 9 years 9 months ago #47475

• swan42
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Jimmy Two Times wrote: Further to my comments, the Freo players playing for Peel such as Morabito, De Boer, Griffin, Bradley and Co, wouldn't they have wanted to be at the western derby game, supporting their team mates, soaking up the atmosphere, celebrating the win and gifting the aspiration and drive to play AFL football. Plus have their team mates watch and support them in the WAFL. .?..?

Assuming a WAFL league game takes about two and half hours from start to finish it would mean that the game would have started about three and a half hours before Freo started.

• Page:

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 341 guests and one member online

• Success Hill

Newest Footy Recruits

• aCoucky
  • whatoma
  • RobertPes
  • Lost WAFL
  • Duncs1977