Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Alignment Problems - Demise of the WAFL 10 years 8 months ago #25038

• Cardy
  • Cardy's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 10
Heard there was a bit of a shit fight at Peel according to Glenn Mitchell 6PR. Not a bunch of happy campers with the taking off of Jesse Crichton at Half time and he played no further part in the game. It left Peel 2 short on the bench with another player out injured.
Close finish and could of resulted in Peel losing a close one.

It seems Peel have lost in the decision making process as we suspected they and EP will do next year.. Strange but it is happening this year with players from other clubs also having restrictions put on them where they can only play limited minutes in a game. Hutchings from WP was one earlier in the year and players from 2 other clubs had the same restrictions on the same day :(

Great for a coach and a club to have this put on him before a game and THEY must play the player anyway or face repercussions from the WAFC/AFL club.

Good news is we wont have this problem in the G7 next year but we will also lose key players.

It will only get worse in 2014.. What a bloody mess and the demise of the WAFL as we know it..

I find it amusing that another AFL player basically won the game for SD :) Maybe
Embley should of been with withdrawn as well to MAKE IT A LEVEL playing field rather than one team being penalised HALF WAY through the game. Another option would been for a substitute being available to cover this contingency??

Extract from West in game review

West Coast veteran Andrew Embley was the hero with a goal in the dying minutes to help steer Swan Districts to an exciting six-point win against Peel at Bendigo Bank Stadium today.

Peel Player Viv Michie limped off the ground midway through the second quarter with an ankle injury while his Fremantle teammate Jesse Crichton took no part in the second half.

It is believed Crichton was withdrawn because he is on standby to replace an injured Fremantle player for tomorrow’s clash with Greater Western Sydney at Patersons Stadium.
This message represents the official view of the voices in my head

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Cardy.

Alignment Problems - Demise of the WAFL 10 years 8 months ago #25039

• Time For a Flag
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • The VFL is not the AFL
  • Thank you received: 133
What a debacle
Victorians still laugh at West Aussies because of the way we bailed out the vfl and then allowed it to be called it the AFL!

Alignment Problems - Demise of the WAFL 10 years 8 months ago #25046

• Cardy
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Hey how pissed off would Perth and EF be? Could of been the difference between them playing finals and not. Because of a Fremantle Dockers decision. Peel 2 short on the bench would of made it very hard for the Peel coach with his rotations dont you think?

Hypothetical I know but realistic.

Alignment Problems - Demise of the WAFL 10 years 8 months ago #25049

• MarkOlsen
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 514
nearly annoyed as the Swan supporters were after winning

Alignment Problems - Demise of the WAFL 10 years 8 months ago #25050

• jardine
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 0
this whole thing really stinks. personally i dont care much for peel anyway, and east perth will also feel these problems. its a worry, and next year we will see it first hand.

Alignment Problems - Demise of the WAFL 10 years 8 months ago #25051

• Cardy
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

MarkOlsen wrote: nearly annoyed as the Swan supporters were after winning

Lucks a fortune hey.. Dont begrudge Swans the win and good luck to them even though their form is not good and it could of gone the other way. Bit of a bonus having Embers in and Peel being penalised by the Dockers..

Shit is going to hurt you when I win your club annual raffle as well :) Looking forward to the last game of the regular season at Basso... Last regular game of the WAFL as we know it as well.. Sad :angry:

Alignment Problems - Demise of the WAFL 10 years 8 months ago #25053

• MarkOlsen
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 514
the form Embley is in is hardly a bonus for Swans

Alignment Problems - Demise of the WAFL 10 years 8 months ago #25056

• Cardy
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

MarkOlsen wrote: the form Embley is in is hardly a bonus for Swans

Look Mark appreciate you were happy Swans won and you got the 4 points but you miss the point entirely.
At least Embley was on the field and is not as bad as you make out AND he did kick the winning goal!! whereas Peel were 1 player short for the 2nd half

Embley had 24 disposals 16 kicks 8 handballs One of the top poss getters for Swans.

Fact if SD had of lost this game v Peel there would of been SD,EF,PERTH on 36 points with EF having the highest % fighting for 4th spot (EP are home) Now it is almost impossible for EF or Perth to get in Unless maybe Swans lose rest etc etc
It could still be interesting and it could come down to the Swans v WP game in the last round. But having said that Swans got a GIFT of 4 points to put them a game ahead of Perth,EF... :whistle:

SD Have CLA,EF,WP to play and if they had of started on a even playing field I would say EF would of been in the Four.. Perth/SD if good enough could of scraped in BUT that is not to be. It would of been a huge finish to the regular season for the WAFL.

Last edit: by Cardy.

Alignment Problems - Demise of the WAFL 10 years 8 months ago #25068

• Bazza
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1162

Cardy wrote: Hey how pissed off would Perth and EF be? Could of been the difference between them playing finals and not. Because of a Fremantle Dockers decision. Peel 2 short on the bench would of made it very hard for the Peel coach with his rotations dont you think?

Complete debacle, going to get ugly next year, the WAFL,,,will it be a genuine comp next year?

Alignment Problems - Demise of the WAFL 10 years 8 months ago #25078

• Cardy
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

Bazza wrote:

Cardy wrote: Hey how pissed off would Perth and EF be? Could of been the difference between them playing finals and not. Because of a Fremantle Dockers decision. Peel 2 short on the bench would of made it very hard for the Peel coach with his rotations dont you think?

Complete debacle, going to get ugly next year, the WAFL,,,will it be a genuine comp next year?

Cant see how we can take it to seriously next year mate. It will certainly not be a genuine comp when 2 of the sides are propped up by 2 AFL sides. Big Brother will be running our comp soon. I see WAFL supporters dropping off in droves over the next couple of years.

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 318 guests and no members online

Newest Footy Recruits

• aCoucky
  • whatoma
  • RobertPes
  • Lost WAFL
  • Duncs1977