Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Notice: Undefined offset: 1 in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 69
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

ROYALS V SOUTH 4 years 10 months ago #168828

• royallucky
  • Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 157
Very good high intensity game of WAFL footy today which must've taken its toll on the field umpires who's blatant non decision when non ruckman Nick Suban illegally takes the ball from a ball up which gets delivered to a souths forward in the dying seconds of the game,but good luck to the Bulldogs.Whats more important is the fact that Jeremy Barnard was as outstanding leader as a player and is right on track into becoming an outstanding coach and hes slowly but surely bringing back the ROYALS tough contested brand of footy.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Grump, Ti Em

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

ROYALS V SOUTH 4 years 10 months ago #168830

• Leedy
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 148

royallucky wrote: Very good high intensity game of WAFL footy today which must've taken its toll on the field umpires who's blatant non decision when non ruckman Nick Suban illegally takes the ball from a ball up which gets delivered to a souths forward in the dying seconds of the game,but good luck to the Bulldogs.Whats more important is the fact that Jeremy Barnard was as outstanding leader as a player and is right on track into becoming an outstanding coach and hes slowly but surely bringing back the ROYALS tough contested brand of footy.

Royallucky, same thing happened today for Peel who scored a goal out of it, there big bloke put his hand up and the other came from the side and clean grabbed it, play on and goal, all the WP players remonstrated but to no avail.

ROYALS V SOUTH 4 years 10 months ago #168831

• Archie Duda Goal Machine
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 256
Indeed a gut-wrenching defeat, royallucky - so close yet so far.
Unfortunately, I ran out of time and couldn't get to the game, but from I heard on the radio coverage, I hope every East Perth supporter is proud of the team's efforts.
I fully agree that Jeremy Barnard is an outstanding coach - he had a pretty good record in Victoria after finishing his Royals' playing career.
I'm hoping that he can get the boys up for a massive clash against West Perth on the long weekend Monday.

ROYALS V SOUTH 4 years 10 months ago #168834

• royallucky
  • Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 157
I personally think nominating the ruckman is a stupid rule but how can you mistaken Nick Suban for Brock Higgins???

ROYALS V SOUTH 4 years 10 months ago #168842

• Grump
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 381
All in all a great day for the club, the futures won after being challenge by Souths boys, the response was a mature one, the stopped, controlled and then exerted pressure to win the game.

A similar game in the colts which saw a close game early with the Souths youngsters doing what Souths do, hard tough play but after the main break the EP players controlled the tempo and outscored the opposition 4 to one, last quarter looked like a Souths comeback but the EP boys went back to the control and tempo game and ran out winners.

I only saw three quarters of the league (home commitments and an hour and a bit train ride) but I was really impressed firstly by Souths play, structured and good skills which at times made us look a little pressured but then the EP boys would string together play that left the Bullies looking around! Souths inaccuracy even with Shaw dominating let Souths down.

The ressies obviously played really well with again inaccuracy seeming to temper Souths chances.

Well done not just to Barnard but to all the coaches at EP a day worthy of celebration as THE EAST PERTH FOOTBALL CLUB!
We live in a time where intelligent people are being silenced so stupid people won't be offended

ROYALS V SOUTH 4 years 10 months ago #168877

• SD351
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 21
The boys were outstanding against South, and deserved to get the 4 pts. If they can keep that group of boys together, I think they will surprise a few teams in the near future

ROYALS V SOUTH 4 years 10 months ago #168885

• chaddy22
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 137
Outstanding performance by the league with 4 missing from last week and playing well against a lot better opposition.always worried about our depth but we have blooded a few players and they look alright.
Having a dozen new players this year was always going to be a challenge.even more foe a new coach.It looks like the chemistry between the players is improving and so is the brand of footy.
It is a lot more skilful and higher scoring.Forward line looked more potent with Dobbo and Samelko. Barnard has been a inspired choice as coach and I enjoy going into the rooms whether we win or lose and hearwhat he says to the boys.I have been surprised as to the composition of the team.Having been away for several years he has no preconceived ideas as to what our best team is like we do.

Last edit: by chaddy22.

ROYALS V SOUTH 4 years 10 months ago #168888

• chaddy22
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 137

chaddy22 wrote: Outstanding performance by the league with 4 missing from last week and playing well against a lot better opposition.always worried about our depth but we have blooded a few players and they look alright.
Having a dozen new players this year was always going to be a challenge.even more foe a new coach.It looks like the chemistry between the players is improving and so is the brand of footy.
It is a lot more skilful and higher scoring.Forward line looked more potent with Dobbo and Samelko. Barnard has been a inspired choice as coach and I enjoy going into the rooms whether we win or lose and hear what he says to the boys.I have been surprised as to the composition of the team.Having been away for several years he has no preconceived ideas as to what our best team is like we do.

• Page:
Moderators: royallucky

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 394 guests and 2 members online

• Mr AFL
  • DD

Newest Footy Recruits

• MiltonRutty
  • BhoblhRhync
  • MRanker - Fiverr