Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Notice: Undefined offset: 1 in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 69
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

where do some players go when the give up football 5 years 4 months ago #160364

• Grump
  • Grump's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 381
www.abc.net.au/news/2018-11-27/esports-t...tar-navioot/10556416

Hopefully the link works - just a story abt a good young man who made a choice between football, Uni and his passion, a scenario that more and more young men are making not just with football
We live in a time where intelligent people are being silenced so stupid people won't be offended

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

where do some players go when the give up football 5 years 4 months ago #160415

• Archie Duda Goal Machine
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 256
Thanks, Grump, a very interesting story.
$8,000 a month = $96,000 a year - I think Alex Ridley has made a very wise choice.
My research indicates that Alex played 40 reserves games (2014-16) and 21 colts games (2012-13), so he may well have cracked a game if the alignment wasn't in place.

where do some players go when the give up football 5 years 4 months ago #160423

• Grump
  • Grump's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 381

Archie Duda Goal Machine wrote: Thanks, Grump, a very interesting story.
$8,000 a month = $96,000 a year - I think Alex Ridley has made a very wise choice.
My research indicates that Alex played 40 reserves games (2014-16) and 21 colts games (2012-13), so he may well have cracked a game if the alignment wasn't in place.

Arch he may well but i suspect not as his desire was waning given his increasing interest in other things. As one coach commented elsewhere, neither of us are surprised at his success given his attitude to development and preparation.
We live in a time where intelligent people are being silenced so stupid people won't be offended

where do some players go when the give up football 5 years 4 months ago #160438

• Archie Duda Goal Machine
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 256
Grump, I guess Alex's motivation, understandably, was positively correlated to his potential bank balance.
Not much money to be gained playing WAFL reserves.

where do some players go when the give up football 5 years 3 months ago #160620

• SD351
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 21
Seen Alex play for many years, an honest battler, big heart and tank, his kicking let him down, great to see him, killing it in his chosen endeavours

• Page:
Moderators: royallucky

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 255 guests and no members online

Newest Footy Recruits

• MiltonRutty
  • BhoblhRhync
  • MRanker - Fiverr
  • whatoma
  • RobertPes