OzFooty.Net Sign In

Who's Online?

We have 198 guests and 3 members online

  • Grump
  • Stand the Test
  • Success Hill

Newest Footy Recruits

  • bailzoop
  • Wanneroo Amateur Football Club
  • Royalty
  • WCE1987
  • royallucky
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
11 Nov 2018
Memories From Yesteryear..Bob Coleman(Perth)
  • Page:
  • 1
  • 2

TOPIC: Sensational result by the Reserves (2019 League)

Sensational result by the Reserves (2019 League) 2 months 1 week ago #155889

  • Grump
  • Grump's Avatar Topic Author
  • Away
  • Moderator
  • Moderator
  • Posts: 1588
  • Thank you received: 130
Great game, played well by both teams with the EP boys just wearing the Tiggers down and in the last quarter really the result was not an issue, so very proud!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Sensational result by the Reserves (2019 League) 2 months 1 week ago #155896

  • Beasley Hutton
  • Beasley Hutton's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Veteran
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 6078
  • Thank you received: 1467
Was very impressed with the standard and intensity of this game Grump....a lot higher than the game after it I must say!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Grump

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Sensational result by the Reserves (2019 League) 2 months 1 week ago #155898

  • Archie Duda Goal Machine
  • Archie Duda Goal Machine's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Weekly Starter
  • Weekly Starter
  • Posts: 158
  • Thank you received: 91
Close throughout, Beas, with East Perth kicking the last three goals in time-on to win the game.
Just a shame that the WAFC seems determined to make the reserves competition the poor relations of the WAFL family.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Beasley Hutton

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Sensational result by the Reserves (2019 League) 2 months 1 week ago #155910

  • chaddy22
  • chaddy22's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Weekly Starter
  • Weekly Starter
  • Posts: 639
  • Thank you received: 61
Got in to watch the last quarter and wasn't very happy to see Stan Wright kick the ball out of bounds under no pressure to give the monts the lead and then that blatent push in the back which the umps missed from the tigers forward who then ran away and kicked a goal.I think several of the ressies would have given more then a lot from the league side.Not a fan of England but some team footy to spot him up in fifty arc and he seems to be a better kick for goal then some eagles in the main game.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Sensational result by the Reserves (2019 League) 2 months 1 week ago #155912

  • MightyRoyals
  • MightyRoyals's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Reserve Grade
  • Reserve Grade
  • Posts: 24
  • Thank you received: 8
Great win ressies! Onwards and upwards...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Sensational result by the Reserves (2019 League) 2 months 1 week ago #155924

  • Grump
  • Grump's Avatar Topic Author
  • Away
  • Moderator
  • Moderator
  • Posts: 1588
  • Thank you received: 130
Chaddy and others, following on from your comments on the Tigers thread.

The reserves side and the players from the exhibition side will make a up a good league side for us, they have played together for some 2 or 3 years and there understanding of each other is the hallmark of a good side.

The coach will be an issue that needs some urgent attention. The scuttlebuck is that J Barnard is keen and I would also consider Luke Dwyer, I don't think that the current development coach has what is required to be a League coach. The reserves coach should be the assistant and that then provides a continuity that will be needed.

As for players returning I don't think that most a required. Tom Hodgson & Jed Edwards yes but others mmmmm.

Recruiting should be limited, very limited. A key forward if Asher Samelko is playing ruck with AJ. Nathan Eaton is CHF or FF so some help for him. The only other player I would like to see the Club chase is Jono Marsh and Harry If he comes back. It would be a sense of justice given the club let them go to EF when they asked for a transfer when they were young.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Sensational result by the Reserves (2019 League) 2 months 1 week ago #155925

  • Grump
  • Grump's Avatar Topic Author
  • Away
  • Moderator
  • Moderator
  • Posts: 1588
  • Thank you received: 130

chaddy22 wrote: Got in to watch the last quarter and wasn't very happy to see Stan Wright kick the ball out of bounds under no pressure to give the monts the lead and then that blatent push in the back which the umps missed from the tigers forward who then ran away and kicked a goal.I think several of the ressies would have given more then a lot from the league side.Not a fan of England but some team footy to spot him up in fifty arc and he seems to be a better kick for goal then some eagles in the main game.


Stan was targeted and as he expects but some of it was a little over the top. England is frankly not worth a pinch and two goals albeit the ones that gave us the win really doesn't stack against the poor handballs and kicks that he made when we were attacking earlier in the game.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Sensational result by the Reserves (2019 League) 2 months 1 week ago #155932

  • ROYAL 2019
  • ROYAL 2019's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Weekly Starter
  • Weekly Starter
  • Posts: 182
  • Thank you received: 1
How do you kill White Ants ?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Sensational result by the Reserves (2019 League) 2 months 1 week ago #155935

  • alahoy
  • alahoy's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Bench Warmer
  • Bench Warmer
  • Posts: 65
  • Thank you received: 23

Grump wrote: The coach will be an issue that needs some urgent attention. The scuttlebuck is that J Barnard is keen and I would also consider Luke Dwyer, I don't think that the current development coach has what is required to be a League coach. The reserves coach should be the assistant and that then provides a continuity that will be needed.


Someone such as yourself who is close to the club would be best placed to know, but my hunch is that our current coach is more on the Eagles side of the fence than ours. Only say that given certain comments given by him in the paper about the availability of eagles players during the finals. As such you'd expect him to move along with the eagle entourage rather than stay with us anyway. And anyway, have the eagles being paying for him, or us ?

J Barnard would be fantastic to have back.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Sensational result by the Reserves (2019 League) 2 months 1 week ago #155940

  • Grump
  • Grump's Avatar Topic Author
  • Away
  • Moderator
  • Moderator
  • Posts: 1588
  • Thank you received: 130

alahoy wrote:

Grump wrote: The coach will be an issue that needs some urgent attention. The scuttlebuck is that J Barnard is keen and I would also consider Luke Dwyer, I don't think that the current development coach has what is required to be a League coach. The reserves coach should be the assistant and that then provides a continuity that will be needed.


Someone such as yourself who is close to the club would be best placed to know, but my hunch is that our current coach is more on the Eagles side of the fence than ours. Only say that given certain comments given by him in the paper about the availability of eagles players during the finals. As such you'd expect him to move along with the eagle entourage rather than stay with us anyway. And anyway, have the eagles being paying for him, or us ?

J Barnard would be fantastic to have back.


My closeness is much more distant these days but just talking to others gives me the impressions I put on here.

Webster is employed by WC as a development coach as are (as I understand it) almost all of the senior coaching panel. The ressies coach is paid for by EP and the colts by the AFL.

The question for the the current coach is do you leave a full time position for a part time one that will only pay 40 to 60K per, same question anyone wanting to take on the role.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • Page:
  • 1
  • 2
Moderators: Grump
Time to create page: 0.078 seconds
Tweets by @Ozfootynet
promotional tote bags