Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Couple of things abt yesterday 5 years 9 months ago #151314

• Grump
  • Grump's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 381
There are few things abt yesterday that I would like to share, some likely to get a terse response but oh well!

First thing was the general feeling amongst the EP fraternity that were at Basso. There was a palpable feeling of relief, happiness and hope for the future at the announcement at the end of the alignment. This feeling was most noticeable amongst the players at all levels. I will also add that there was a transfer of enthusiasm onto the weagles players, it was like everyone brought into the decision and could see the benefits for both sides.

Second thing was the game between High Wycombe and Coolbinia, it was great and perhaps instead of having the women play perhaps this is a better option, they kicked better, took marks and actually scored more than two goals. Well done to Swans and the Association for putting on such an entertaining game!

Last thing before I say anything abt the football, the Pea and Ham soup is sensational and beats anything put up on the dum rr's cooking competitions.

The colts game was very good and showed a lot of talent that will stand both clubs in good stead, Yes I know the Swannies played a few up but you can only play on the day and beat the other team and the EP boys did that all be it only just, in some ways. 18 scoring shots to 13 should have seen bigger margin, little instances of panic resulted in missed opportunities. For me Lewie Miller, The Hammer and Jacob Msando were the drivers for us while Swans were well served by their ruckman Germs, Farrant and Beck, good game as usual boys, thanks to both teams.

The reserves was as one player said afterwards an outcome we have experience before against the Swans ressies, we dominate, they plug along in the first half. The second half sees us mark time and Swans continue to work hard and eventually draw level and win in the last minutes. It is hard to criticise any thing or anyone but those watching from both side would or should have enjoyed the contest. The best players are for as stated on the WAFL site but I cannot go without saying what a great game from Sticks Wityk, best game I have seen him play for a long time, yep I know I only see him two three times a year but even going back to when he was with us, great game Bloke!

The exhibition game once again showed to me that with players like Hille, Dobson, Cahill, Wright, Anderson, Blee and others we will be ok next year perhaps not a force but certainly not a farce. Things like Pat McGinnity's worst article shows that there is a level of confidence within the EP playing group that can carry us forward.
We live in a time where intelligent people are being silenced so stupid people won't be offended

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Grump.

Couple of things abt yesterday 5 years 9 months ago #151358

• astro
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 45
Here here grump

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Page:
Moderators: royallucky

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 729 guests and 3 members online

• Whitey
  • Big Blue
  • Ti Em

Newest Footy Recruits

• Lost WAFL
  • Duncs1977