Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Notice: Undefined offset: 1 in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 69
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

and an even better day for the club 5 years 10 months ago #146984

• Grump
  • Grump's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 381
First things first Sunday games where the colts an ressies are brushed aside for tv are crap. 500 people there if that, 503 if you count the korean cars on the hill.

Reserves played really well and were in control all game against an opposition that looked out of their depth at times, may be my view but I would not be surprised if Mandurah are suffering from depth issues in the reserves.

Mitch Fraser was clearly just that much better than most on the park but Ben Miller and Will Young along with Ash Samelko were the better players.

Word of controversy for the Peel players, when you don't get a free kick deliberately rolling the ball away from the Umpire, sooking and whinging doesn't do your claims in a 50/50 situation.

Colts won and did it by the skin of their teeth well done boys, for one reason or another I only saw a snippet of the game, sorry boys. I will try yo do better but life can intrude sometimes.
We live in a time where intelligent people are being silenced so stupid people won't be offended

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

and an even better day for the club 5 years 10 months ago #146991

• Stand the Test
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • Thank you received: 318
Thanks for the update Grump, I like your style mate.

and an even better day for the club 5 years 10 months ago #147049

• Grump
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

anchorman wrote: A good win for sure.But did you see the result of the Eagles Docker youngsters game at Optus yesterday??

Anchor I watched it but don't comment unless there is an EP thing to say and then it is on the WC AFL part.
We live in a time where intelligent people are being silenced so stupid people won't be offended

and an even better day for the club 5 years 10 months ago #147060

• Stand the Test
  • Banned
  • Banned
Grump I have noticed that the eagles insist on playing rookies and v marginal players in ep league side. If wce were restricted to playing 5 or 6 eagles in league side and the rest in 2's what would your view be?

and an even better day for the club 5 years 10 months ago #147071

• Grump
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

Stand the Test wrote: Grump I have noticed that the eagles insist on playing rookies and v marginal players in ep league side. If wce were restricted to playing 5 or 6 eagles in league side and the rest in 2's what would your view be?

My honest view is that it would be great for the EP born and developed players but we would struggle to beat Subi at the moment. We would need another season in some players whilst others are ready to challenge. Miller and a few others are ready. It aint gunna happen so we live with what we have at the moment!

and an even better day for the club 5 years 10 months ago #147079

• one time only
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 32
When the WAFC put the restrictions on East Perth & Peel for the Finals, no mention was made of anything similar for the qualifying rounds.

Bronte Howson told us at our AGM that he had discussions with West Coast to put a maximum of 12 West Coast players in our League side this season.

So far in 4 matches, there have been 12, 12, 13 and 14.

Last edit: by one time only .

and an even better day for the club 5 years 10 months ago #147081

• Stand the Test
  • Banned
  • Banned
Surely many of those 12, 12, 13 and 14 aren't actually ready for senior footy at any level - what do you reckon OTO about say a cap of 6 (like 6 'emergencies' for the AFL side that week) and th rest playing twos (as a model for the future).

and an even better day for the club 5 years 10 months ago #147102

• one time only
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
Whether or not they are ready does not even come into the equation, StT. They will play League simply because West Coast say they will play League. End of story.

West Coast obviously haven't taken any notice of the East Perth President, so it's about time the WAFC showed some balls and restricted the AFL Clubs to 10 or 11 at the most, so giving the WAFL locals at least an even standing. And what better time for them to do that was when they announced the Finals restrictions?

It is hard to watch West Coast players coming back from injury or whatever going straight into the League side, while our own good enough to be regular League players, remain in the Reserves. Even harder when the West Coasters play on restricted minutes.

And I have heard that East Perth does not have any selectors (apart from Coach Luke Webster who is paid by West Coast) on the League selection panel.

But that is something Grump may dispute.

and an even better day for the club 5 years 10 months ago #147106

• Grump
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

one time only wrote: Whether or not they are ready does not even come into the equation, StT. They will play League simply because West Coast say they will play League. End of story.

West Coast obviously haven't taken any notice of the East Perth President, so it's about time the WAFC showed some balls and restricted the AFL Clubs to 10 or 11 at the most, so giving the WAFL locals at least an even standing. And what better time for them to do that was when they announced the Finals restrictions?

It is hard to watch West Coast players coming back from injury or whatever going straight into the League side, while our own good enough to be regular League players, remain in the Reserves. Even harder when the West Coasters play on restricted minutes.

And I have heard that East Perth does not have any selectors (apart from Coach Luke Webster who is paid by West Coast) on the League selection panel.

But that is something Grump may dispute.

No dispute from me, as I understand it the previous FM was remove due to his disputing selections

and an even better day for the club 5 years 10 months ago #147115

• one time only
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
Thanks for that Grump.

I spoke to Mark a couple of weeks ago and from what he said, I got the impression that all was not roses.

Moderators: royallucky

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 653 guests and 2 members online

• Swedgen
  • KCachard

Newest Footy Recruits

• BhoblhRhync
  • MRanker - Fiverr
  • whatoma
  • RobertPes