Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

yesterdays games 6 years 1 month ago #144108

• Grump
  • Grump's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 381
The scratch matches against souths showed a couple of things to me, some good some worrisome.

In the Ressies we showed enough to suggest that we have enough depth to cover the usual ins and outs. The boys played well but Souths were just that little more slick when it mattered. They had more of the B players when it mattered. For some of our boys it was a first journey against bigger more mature players and it showed at times. Our bigger players did well the Amos boys, Jeddie Edwards, and Eastie all showed good form. Down back we were good but lacked a forward presecence where Souths had a couple of bigger boys who could provide a target.

In the league, which I had to leave after half time due to my heavy social life, we were ok everywhere except pass the half forward line. On another page a comment was made that we fell away after the main break but that is not a big worry as we had a very young side in with many players playing at the level for the first time. Souths looked good with their experienced players leading the way even when we challenged in the first half.

The biggest issue for us even with the weagles playing with us is that we have no forward that can impose themselves on the game, a similar issue with that fella from Northampton doesn't play. I can only hope that Lewis Wilson gets fit and is ready soon to provide that bigger body.

Whilst I have always and will continue to support playing EP players the game did reinforce the fact that without the alignment we would have to spend money to get some players to fill spots, we have ruckmen and mid sized players but without Shaggy and others we would need another bigger bodied backman and a forward.

Souths looked ok but it will be interesting to see how they go against a more experienced team in the season proper.
We live in a time where intelligent people are being silenced so stupid people won't be offended

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

yesterdays games 6 years 1 month ago #144116

• Roman
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 149

Grump wrote: The scratch matches against souths showed a couple of things to me, some good some worrisome.

In the Ressies we showed enough to suggest that we have enough depth to cover the usual ins and outs. The boys played well but Souths were just that little more slick when it mattered. They had more of the B players when it mattered. For some of our boys it was a first journey against bigger more mature players and it showed at times. Our bigger players did well the Amos boys, Jeddie Edwards, and Eastie all showed good form. Down back we were good but lacked a forward presecence where Souths had a couple of bigger boys who could provide a target.

In the league, which I had to leave after half time due to my heavy social life, we were ok everywhere except pass the half forward line. On another page a comment was made that we fell away after the main break but that is not a big worry as we had a very young side in with many players playing at the level for the first time. Souths looked good with their experienced players leading the way even when we challenged in the first half.

The biggest issue for us even with the weagles playing with us is that we have no forward that can impose themselves on the game, a similar issue with that fella from Northampton doesn't play. I can only hope that Lewis Wilson gets fit and is ready soon to provide that bigger body.

Whilst I have always and will continue to support playing EP players the game did reinforce the fact that without the alignment we would have to spend money to get some players to fill spots, we have ruckmen and mid sized players but without Shaggy and others we would need another bigger bodied backman and a forward.

Souths looked ok but it will be interesting to see how they go against a more experienced team in the season proper.

If South looked ok, then EP were atrocious. That was the true EP side. Without the Weagles, your nothing!

yesterdays games 6 years 1 month ago #144118

• South4theflag
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 24
Exactly Roman we were very very ordinary

Play like that against Subi in 3 weeks & we will get slaughtered

yesterdays games 6 years 1 month ago #144138

• Grump
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

Roman wrote:

Grump wrote: The scratch matches against souths showed a couple of things to me, some good some worrisome.

If South looked ok, then EP were atrocious. That was the true EP side. Without the Weagles, your nothing!

funny but I thought was what i was saying but .........
We live in a time where intelligent people are being silenced so stupid people won't be offended

yesterdays games 6 years 1 month ago #144143

• chaddy22
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 137
Not too sure how strong the bulldogs were but east perth were missing Kyle Anderson,Mitch Fraser,Tom Gorter and Callum Hart all from the backline.Also copped a few injuries thru the game in Rocky Ameduri was concussed and ash samalko did a collarbone before half time.Redhead looked like he has a leg injury of some sort and was helped off by two trainers.Lewis Wilson would have been handy as a key forward.The problem with being aligned is it leaves you with lack of depth and experience if the weagles cop a few injuries.

yesterdays games 6 years 1 month ago #144162

• Grump
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

chaddy22 wrote: Not too sure how strong the bulldogs were but east perth were missing Kyle Anderson,Mitch Fraser,Tom Gorter and Callum Hart all from the backline.Also copped a few injuries thru the game in Rocky Ameduri was concussed and ash samalko did a collarbone before half time.Redhead looked like he has a leg injury of some sort and was helped off by two trainers.Lewis Wilson would have been handy as a key forward.The problem with being aligned is it leaves you with lack of depth and experience if the weagles cop a few injuries.

I think the depth is there but a fair of the boys aren't ready made league players and will take a bit to be ready. The backline with or without the others is ok with those you mention plus North and a few others but goals are the issue.

yesterdays games 6 years 1 month ago #144173

• Stand the Test
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • Thank you received: 318
Good on ya for caring enough to post the report Grump.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Grump

• Page:
Moderators: royallucky

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 459 guests and no members online

Newest Footy Recruits

• whatoma
  • RobertPes
  • Lost WAFL
  • Duncs1977
  • MrBulldog2020