Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Notice: Undefined offset: 1 in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 69
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

The weekend games 6 years 2 weeks ago #143678

• Grump
  • Grump's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 381
The games started on Friday night ith the 16's having a good win against the sharkies, 50 metre penalty on the siren gave them the goal to win but I was told that it was good close contest all night with the howling gale having a big influence.

The colts played on saturday morning against a EF side with 9 19 years olds ( I was told this and with out a team list I cannot confirm it but the source is as honest a WAFL follower can be) and it showed. EF just had that little bit more slickness abt their ball use and movement. I would not be too worried as it was their first hit out against a strong team.

The ressies played very well with their enthusiasm for the game and contest very apparent. EF were not out of the contest but we seemed to have the answers when we needed them. Just to mention a couple of players, Jed Edwards in the ruck was very good all day and I reckon that he showed that the step up into mature football will not pose to many issues and he will press Aaron Readhead for the league spot. Josh Hewitt played a great game did all the things required with aplomb, really pleased for him as he has battled through some injuries to get this game.

The league was all abt the Swans recruit having a hitout for sometime and he was just better than everyone else on the park in the way he went abt his game as for the rest of the WCE players, again some of them will struggle in the adult game. The EP players like Wright, Hille et al all played well and will in racing parlance be better for the run. Aaron Readhead looked ok in the ruck but needs a few games to adjust to the bigger, faster and harder bodies.

The clubs big test will next week against the demons when we will not have any weagles players to draw on (although in some instances that will be a bonus not a let down)
We live in a time where intelligent people are being silenced so stupid people won't be offended

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

The weekend games 6 years 2 weeks ago #143680

• Mr AFL
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 144
Grump Perth play Claremont next week mate while your boys play South Fremantle.

The weekend games 6 years 2 weeks ago #143683

• Grump
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

Mr AFL wrote: Grump Perth play Claremont next week mate while your boys play South Fremantle.

oops, sorry, someone said we were at Lathlain, my error, quick check we are at Lathlain but against Soufs
We live in a time where intelligent people are being silenced so stupid people won't be offended

Last edit: by Grump.

The weekend games 6 years 2 weeks ago #143687

• one time only
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 32
And why do you reckon we are at Lathlain against Souths?

Something to do with West Coast maybe?
And even stranger, because as you say, we won't be weighed down by West Coast baggage.

Last edit: by one time only .

The weekend games 6 years 2 weeks ago #143695

• Grump
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

one time only wrote: And why do you reckon we are at Lathlain against Souths?

Something to do with West Coast maybe?
And even stranger, because as you say, we won't be weighed down by West Coast baggage.

As I understand it there is an Irish festival at Leederville and the oval is part of that, Lathlain is available so .......... nothing to do with weagles just the city using their facility

• Page:
Moderators: royallucky

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 271 guests and 5 members online

• Royals78
  • Southerner
  • Danger
  • SD351
  • Mossstreetshark83

Newest Footy Recruits