Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

the AGM. - No moderation for a week 6 years 2 months ago #141823

• Grump
  • Grump's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 381
Well if I ever give you a tip on a one horse race don't take it.

At the end of the day for quite plausible reasons (for EP) the alignment will continue to, as I understand it and could work out, until 2020. Apparently the legal advice is that we have to give at least 2 years notice before the 28th February of any year to end the alignment oops it is now a partnership.

Also no matter what we do the whip hand is held by the WAFC and WAFL. The WAFC in the agreement and the WAFL in any matters of arbitration, 5 matters and 5 losses to EP and 5 wins to the Weagles.

The added issue is the town of Cambridge, PCC et al regarding where we will be in 2023 and that has a bearing on the partnership regarding our rooms.

There was a vote of the assembled members, abt 60/40 to continue til the 2020 season given all of the information provided and yes there was a fair bit of selling going on but at the end of the day I suspect given the fait accompli of it all why rock the boat.

The greatest point of contention was about having to play Eagles player that were clearly not going to make it in the grown up level, the Bennett Coppings and Lambs of the list.

Am I sad, yes and I am I disheartened, yes but the biggest saddening thing is about the health or not of some of the other clubs and yes it could be as a result of the WAFC/WAFL/EPFC arrangement and yes some spin (but given the nature of social media folk have to careful abt what said) but there is also a little bit bad management going on around the traps. When you have a club having to draw on this years allocation to pay last years payments there is cause for concern and the blame is not just abt EP!
We live in a time where intelligent people are being silenced so stupid people won't be offended

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

the AGM. - No moderation for a week 6 years 2 months ago #141825

• Mr AFL
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 145
Grump that is concerning if a club has to use this years payments to pay the wages for last year.

Which club would that be? Did they play finals in 2017?

Last edit: by Mr AFL.

the AGM. - No moderation for a week 6 years 2 months ago #141826

• Grump
  • Grump's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 381

Mr AFL wrote: Grump that is concerning if a club has to use this years payments to pay the wages for last year.

It was said when a point abt the viability issues discuss were being discussed, suffice to say they did not perform as well as expected and don't seem to high on folks radar
We live in a time where intelligent people are being silenced so stupid people won't be offended

the AGM. - No moderation for a week 6 years 2 months ago #141827

• Mr AFL
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 145

Grump wrote:

Mr AFL wrote: Grump that is concerning if a club has to use this years payments to pay the wages for last year.

It was said when a point abt the viability issues discuss were being discussed, suffice to say they did not perform as well as expected and don't seem to high on folks radar

So Grump was this being said about East Perth or was it said referring to another club?

the AGM. - No moderation for a week 6 years 2 months ago #141830

• westaussieguy
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 357
Thank you Grump for the clarification. Even though it saddens me to no end... :(
Was reading weeks ago the damned alignment was sounding more and more likely of continuing beyond the Twenty 18 season and out to 2021. For bloody crying out loud!
Obviously the original idea has been tossed out the window and we've all been lied to.
Makes our so called 'governing body' look very bad!

the AGM. - No moderation for a week 6 years 2 months ago #141831

• Senior Seagull
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 839

Grump wrote: Well if I ever give you a tip on a one horse race don't take it.

At the end of the day for quite plausible reasons (for EP) the alignment will continue to, as I understand it and could work out, until 2020. Apparently the legal advice is that we have to give at least 2 years notice before the 28th February of any year to end the alignment oops it is now a partnership.

Also no matter what we do the whip hand is held by the WAFC and WAFL. The WAFC in the agreement and the WAFL in any matters of arbitration, 5 matters and 5 losses to EP and 5 wins to the Weagles.

The added issue is the town of Cambridge, PCC et al regarding where we will be in 2023 and that has a bearing on the partnership regarding our rooms.

There was a vote of the assembled members, abt 60/40 to continue til the 2020 season given all of the information provided and yes there was a fair bit of selling going on but at the end of the day I suspect given the fait accompli of it all why rock the boat.

The greatest point of contention was about having to play Eagles player that were clearly not going to make it in the grown up level, the Bennett Coppings and Lambs of the list.

Am I sad, yes and I am I disheartened, yes but the biggest saddening thing is about the health or not of some of the other clubs and yes it could be as a result of the WAFC/WAFL/EPFC arrangement and yes some spin (but given the nature of social media folk have to careful abt what said) but there is also a little bit bad management going on around the traps. When you have a club having to draw on this years allocation to pay last years payments there is cause for concern and the blame is not just abt EP!

Grump you mention that it was a 60/40 vote by the assembled members, i guess that should be seen as a massive concession my the board to actually ask the members what they think. Shame they didn't use the opportunity to make a strong protest against the alignment/partnership, but then i wasn't there to hear all that was put to the members. Any idea of how many members turned up and what % of the total membership that would be?

the AGM. - No moderation for a week 6 years 2 months ago #141833

• Larry Bird
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 78
The alignment will continue well into the future. Of the 100 hundred people at the meeting more seemed in favour of it. But this is no proper reflection of the EP nations thoughts. On that note I have attended my last WAFL match. This is my last post good luck to you all friend and foe.

the AGM. - No moderation for a week 6 years 2 months ago #141838

• mikeh
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 2015

Larry Bird wrote: The alignment will continue well into the future. Of the 100 hundred people at the meeting more seemed in favour of it. But this is no proper reflection of the EP nations thoughts. On that note I have attended my last WAFL match. This is my last post good luck to you all friend and foe.

Sorry to hear this Larry, I enjoy reading your perspective on things. Hopefully you will reconsider in due course

the AGM. - No moderation for a week 6 years 2 months ago #141840

• chaddy22
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 137

Senior Seagull wrote:

Grump wrote: Well if I ever give you a tip on a one horse race don't take it.

Grump you mention that it was a 60/40 vote by the assembled members, i guess that should be seen as a massive concession my the board to actually ask the members what they think. Shame they didn't use the opportunity to make a strong protest against the alignment/partnership, but then i wasn't there to hear all that was put to the members. Any idea of how many members turned up and what % of the total membership that would be?

The elephant in the room is that they could not get answers from the wafc as to how it would affect east perth financially going back to a stand alone team.Nobody knows what the the next few years are going to hold for all clubs with the new stadium deal.

the AGM. - No moderation for a week 6 years 2 months ago #141842

• premiership hangover
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 131

Larry Bird wrote: The alignment will continue well into the future. Of the 100 hundred people at the meeting more seemed in favour of it. But this is no proper reflection of the EP nations thoughts. On that note I have attended my last WAFL match. This is my last post good luck to you all friend and foe.

Larry, you don't have to attend WAFL matches to post, continue to post your thoughts because as Mikeh said you have a good perspective on things, just choose what you post on
Save a tree and eat a beaver

Moderators: royallucky

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 477 guests and 3 members online

• one time only
  • Whinnen

Newest Footy Recruits

• aCoucky
  • whatoma
  • RobertPes
  • Lost WAFL