Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Notice: Undefined offset: 1 in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 69
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Key forwards 1975-1985 6 years 2 months ago #141444

• Freezin
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 920

Beasley Hutton wrote:

Freezin wrote: Five goals more than what ex SD forward Mark Olsen kicked for EF in the thrashing SD gave EF back in 1980.....no doubt that was a 100 pt one as well....LOL.

Did ex EP tall John Nolan ever suit up for EF?....seem to remember he did for some reason.

I did mention him moving from EP to EF earlier in the thread Freeze...good to see you take notice mate! ;)

He played 27 games and kicked 23 goals for EF from 1983-1986.
Also played 50 games and kicked 64 goals for EP from 1979 to 1983.

Cheers BH...funny I can remember MO at EF and he did fark all, whilst Nolan was at EF during that 3 year GF run during the mid 80s.....LOL

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Key forwards 1975-1985 6 years 2 months ago #141445

• Archie Duda Goal Machine
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 256
[/quote]EP & Fitzroy also had a few players that played at both clubs in the 70s & 80s as well-
Ron Alexander, Ian McCulloch, Ian Miller, Neville Taylor, Glenn Robertson, Wayne Duke, Dean Turner, Brett Stephens, John Ironmongrel, David Bain, Marcus Seecamp...may have been the Kevin Murray connection?[/quote]

BH, Craig McGrath and Kevin O'Keeffe were two other Royboys who played with EP, though I'm pretty sure McGrath was recruited by the Weagles and then allocated to EP.
Ian McCrae (Fitzroy, 1962-70) is possibly another to be added to the list, as a player of the same name lined up for EP in 1971.
I reckon you're spot on about the Kevin Murray connection between Fitzroy and EP.
I'd just started school when Murray began at EP and when he returned to Fitzroy I was a Royboy for life (well, until the AFL shafted them in 1996).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Beasley Hutton

Key forwards 1975-1985 6 years 2 months ago #141464

• Beasley Hutton
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 2872

Archie Duda Goal Machine wrote:

EP & Fitzroy also had a few players that played at both clubs in the 70s & 80s as well-
Ron Alexander, Ian McCulloch, Ian Miller, Neville Taylor, Glenn Robertson, Wayne Duke, Dean Turner, Brett Stephens, John Ironmongrel, David Bain, Marcus Seecamp...may have been the Kevin Murray connection?[/quote]

BH, Craig McGrath and Kevin O'Keeffe were two other Royboys who played with EP, though I'm pretty sure McGrath was recruited by the Weagles and then allocated to EP.
Ian McCrae (Fitzroy, 1962-70) is possibly another to be added to the list, as a player of the same name lined up for EP in 1971.
I reckon you're spot on about the Kevin Murray connection between Fitzroy and EP.
I'd just started school when Murray began at EP and when he returned to Fitzroy I was a Royboy for life (well, until the AFL shafted them in 1996).[/quote]
Yes Archie Craig McGrath & Kevin O'Keefe were definitely another 2 who played at both EP & FITZ. O'Keefe was the opponent in the unfortunate accidental Neil Sachse incident which left him a quadriplegic.

Last edit: by Beasley Hutton.

Key forwards 1975-1985 6 years 2 months ago #141492

• Archie Duda Goal Machine
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 256
Sadly, just one of those things that happens in footy, BeasHut, as we saw with Beau Chatley in 2016.
I feel for all parties directly involved in such incidents.

Key forwards 1975-1985 6 years 2 months ago #141516

• DG
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 332

ArkRoyal wrote: DG -- Are you re-calling his days with the Lions? He did kick 5.0 against Perth in round 2, 1980, in a game the Demons won by a hundred points.

That's about all he did for us Ark. I'd go with Arnold at ff just for the fact of his size compared to Duda
"I'll be the fkng sheriff"

Moderators: royallucky

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 217 guests and no members online

Newest Footy Recruits

• MiltonRutty
  • BhoblhRhync
  • MRanker - Fiverr
  • whatoma
  • RobertPes