Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Notice: Undefined offset: 1 in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 69
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Wellingham a Royal 6 years 4 months ago #137930

• one time only
  • Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 32
"East Perth are excited to announce the key signing of AFL premiership player Sharrod Wellingham with the Royals for the next 2 seasons.
Sharrod played a total of 171 AFL games with Collingwood and West Coast after being drafted through the Rookie Draft in 2006. Wellingham played a pivotal role in Collingwood’s 2010 Premiership side.
‘Being able to secure a player of Sharrod’s calibre to join our list as an East Perth player is a tremendous addition to our senior playing squad’ Football Operations Manager Mark Winnett said.
‘His pace, elite foot skills and strong attack at the contest and ball will be a genuine asset to us through the midfield. Sharrod’s experience and on field leadership will be invaluable for our younger players in and around the football club and we look forward to him having a strong impact on field next season and beyond”
Wellingham played 7 games for East Perth last season averaging 23 disposals and 3 tackles a game.
He will join the rest of the squad at pre-season training starting on the 20th of November."

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Wellingham a Royal 6 years 4 months ago #137932

• smokey
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 213
This is disappointing from a Perth's perspective. We really needed him more than the Royals.

Wellingham a Royal 6 years 4 months ago #137951

• mikeh
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 2007
Theres not much that surprises me in the WAFL these days but surely there's something fundamentally wrong with an AFL affiliate being able to sign a player who was developed and given an initial opportunity by a real WAFL club which now needs every ex player and other assistance it can get. The only link that Wellingham has with "East Perth" is that he was an Eagles player. If ever there was an argument for the WAFC to veto a deal in the interests of equalisation instead of allowing a club that has sold it's soul to the AFL gods to get stronger, this is it. Wellingham should be told that he should go back to the club that gave him his chance to be drafted into the AFL. Won't happen of course and the WAFL competition will continue its journey to irrelevance.

Wellingham a Royal 6 years 4 months ago #137957

• Swandog
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 386
What an absolute fucking joke this comp is now, How the hell are this fraudulant aligned mob mob allowed to recruit an ex AFL player? Bad day for G6 WAFL clubs along with $ubi securing Deluca for a lazy $40,000 :angry:
Beneath the Southern cross i stand, on Bassendean Oval, can in hand, Swan Districts, you Farkin Beauty!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Falcon

Wellingham a Royal 6 years 4 months ago #137962

• Tiger of old
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 230
Perhaps they could offer the ex Demon the vice captaincy alongside ex Tiger Mcginnity

Wellingham a Royal 6 years 4 months ago #137963

• Falcon
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 154
Wasn’t the rule for these A hole align clubs is they could not pick up players outside their zone? Or has that gone out the window....

Were is the equillizarition these idiots bang on about? Just another nail in the coffin of this once great comp.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Swandog

Wellingham a Royal 6 years 4 months ago #137964

• Sharpie
  • Thank you received: 1
I'm not sure why Wellingham would go anywhere else, Perth are no chance of getting anyone until the club sorts itself out. South or East Fremantle should be ok this year but migh not have had the cash. Claremont will be better under Harris this year so probably think there list is ok and swans and WP recruiting people are woeful. So really he should've come too Subi

The comp isn't a joke everyone just needs to realise it's not as it used to be.

Wellingham a Royal 6 years 4 months ago #137984

• Swandog
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 386

Sharpie wrote: I'm not sure why Wellingham would go anywhere else, Perth are no chance of getting anyone until the club sorts itself out. South or East Fremantle should be ok this year but migh not have had the cash. Claremont will be better under Harris this year so probably think there list is ok and swans and WP recruiting people are woeful. So really he should've come too Subi

The comp isn't a joke everyone just needs to realise it's not as it used to be.

You sound a bit like our friend who has been banned several times using several alias's
Beneath the Southern cross i stand, on Bassendean Oval, can in hand, Swan Districts, you Farkin Beauty!

Wellingham a Royal 6 years 4 months ago #137987

• Demons Forever
  • Away
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 248
Probably an East Perth supporter who is happy with the alignment.
And thinks the threepeat early in the century was real.
It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It's the size of the fight in the dog.
Winning isn't everything. It's the ONLY THING !!!!!!
I shot the fukin sherriff!!!!

Last edit: by Demons Forever.

Wellingham a Royal 6 years 4 months ago #138000

• Demons Forever
  • Away
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 248
This is hardly compensation for losing Keitel.
Keitel - AFL games Nil
In fact not even drafted.
Not the most dominant player in the WAFL.

Wellingham - 171 AFL games

Compensation???????????????
Equalisation??????????????
Give me a break.

Trust me WCE will get their way.
It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It's the size of the fight in the dog.
Winning isn't everything. It's the ONLY THING !!!!!!
I shot the fukin sherriff!!!!

Moderators: royallucky

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 308 guests and 5 members online

• pjaye
  • Demons Forever
  • GarlicBreath
  • Whinnen
  • Mightymagpie88

Newest Footy Recruits

• MiltonRutty