Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Derek Chadwick 6 years 7 months ago #134712

• Tiger of old
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 230
Grump will probably know the answer to this one, in the West Australians story on the glorious old Perth oval yesterday it says that "Mal Brown led a player walkout during the 72 flag celebrations because Recently retired Chadwick was denied access to the official function."
Was it because he was just too pissed?
It's good reading for anyone who hasn't seen it, Freo oval was in Thursday's paper and its Leederville oval today

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Tiger of old.

Derek Chadwick 6 years 7 months ago #134744

• Grump
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 381

Tiger of old wrote: Grump will probably know the answer to this one, in the West Australians story on the glorious old Perth oval yesterday it says that "Mal Brown led a player walkout during the 72 flag celebrations because Recently retired Chadwick was denied access to the official function."
It's good reading for anyone who hasn't seen it, Freo oval was in Thursday's paper and its Leederville oval today

You give me to much credit, I don;t know but will find out!
We live in a time where intelligent people are being silenced so stupid people won't be offended

Derek Chadwick 6 years 7 months ago #134745

• chaddy22
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 137

Grump wrote:

Tiger of old wrote: Grump will probably know the answer to this one, in the West Australians story on the glorious old Perth oval yesterday it says that "Mal Brown led a player walkout during the 72 flag celebrations because Recently retired Chadwick was denied access to the official function."

You give me to much credit, I don;t know but will find out!

From Alan East's book The Royasl 100 years of Football Tradition quoting Mal Brown.

Frederick David Book was a great administraror.I had a massive blue with Fred because he asked me to go to the committee room after the 1972 premiership which was underneath the public bar.i had Derek Chadwick with me but Fred wouldn't let him in simply because he hadn't played in the grand final.i was infuriated because Chaddy was an instution.The respect he was held in was awesome.So we went over to the Norwood hotel and took all the players.

Last edit: by chaddy22.
  • Page:
Moderators: royallucky

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 338 guests and 4 members online

• one time only
  • Frothy

Newest Footy Recruits

• aCoucky
  • whatoma