Read More...

TOPIC: another reason for getting rid of the alignment

another reason for getting rid of the alignment 4 months 2 weeks ago #141619

• BC
  • Veteran
  • Veteran
  • Thank you received: 553

chaddy22 wrote:

BC wrote: A quick question Grump and please understand I'm not trying to be an idiot here but to me, there's a contradiction in your previous statement around development of the colts...how can that be when their pathway to playing league footy is pretty well blocked by aligned WCE guys making up the majority of the one's each week? I also note your colts finished 5th with 11 wins in 2017 and your ressies last...so how does that work?

The ressies finished last year because they lost 4 games by a goal or less and because when the eagles have injuries it has a domino effect in that the better ressies then get a league game.It is not rocket science but the G7 sides have a more settled league and ressies structure which didn't happen to the royals due to the eagles long list of injuries.Not having Samalko and Lewis Wilson who were injured for most of last year was a huge loss.

Thanks Grump, Chaddy and LB...I guess that puts some perspective around it. Cheers.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last Edit: by BC.

another reason for getting rid of the alignment 4 months 2 weeks ago #141621

• one time only
  • Weekly Starter
  • Weekly Starter
  • Thank you received: 11
BC, I think to sum it up;

At the meeting when we were first told about the alignment and the reasons why the Club took it on before they spoke to the Members. there were a large number of people in the audience that agreed perhaps it was the best thing to do.

Now, most of those same people are dead against the alignment because they now realise what it has cost the Club in terms of Members, supporters and players, but most of all - the soul of the Club.

The supporters weren't prepared to see on a weekly basis up to 14 West Coast players wearing the black and blue jumper because they have to instead of our own local players who play for the Club because they want to.

Up until the alignment started, a loss by any East Perth team (particularly the League) caused concern to everyone. Now, I would suggest most couldn't really care less if we win or not. Because it's not really East Perth out there.

I think you as a Subi supporter in games against East Perth, would have noticed the downturn in attitude of our people.

Come across any time when the two Clubs are playing and speak to any of our Members and you will see what I mean.

another reason for getting rid of the alignment 4 months 2 weeks ago #141622

• BC
  • Veteran
  • Veteran
  • Thank you received: 553
Thanks OTO...that's a great post and certainly gives some context around the history.

Moderators: Grump
Time to create page: 0.047 seconds
Tweets by @Ozfootynet
promotional tote bags