Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

another reason for getting rid of the alignment 6 years 2 months ago #141619

• BC
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1547

chaddy22 wrote:

BC wrote: A quick question Grump and please understand I'm not trying to be an idiot here but to me, there's a contradiction in your previous statement around development of the colts...how can that be when their pathway to playing league footy is pretty well blocked by aligned WCE guys making up the majority of the one's each week? I also note your colts finished 5th with 11 wins in 2017 and your ressies last...so how does that work?

The ressies finished last year because they lost 4 games by a goal or less and because when the eagles have injuries it has a domino effect in that the better ressies then get a league game.It is not rocket science but the G7 sides have a more settled league and ressies structure which didn't happen to the royals due to the eagles long list of injuries.Not having Samalko and Lewis Wilson who were injured for most of last year was a huge loss.

Thanks Grump, Chaddy and LB...I guess that puts some perspective around it. Cheers.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by BC.

another reason for getting rid of the alignment 6 years 2 months ago #141621

• one time only
  • Away
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 32
BC, I think to sum it up;

At the meeting when we were first told about the alignment and the reasons why the Club took it on before they spoke to the Members. there were a large number of people in the audience that agreed perhaps it was the best thing to do.

Now, most of those same people are dead against the alignment because they now realise what it has cost the Club in terms of Members, supporters and players, but most of all - the soul of the Club.

The supporters weren't prepared to see on a weekly basis up to 14 West Coast players wearing the black and blue jumper because they have to instead of our own local players who play for the Club because they want to.

Up until the alignment started, a loss by any East Perth team (particularly the League) caused concern to everyone. Now, I would suggest most couldn't really care less if we win or not. Because it's not really East Perth out there.

I think you as a Subi supporter in games against East Perth, would have noticed the downturn in attitude of our people.

Come across any time when the two Clubs are playing and speak to any of our Members and you will see what I mean.

another reason for getting rid of the alignment 6 years 2 months ago #141622

• BC
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1547
Thanks OTO...that's a great post and certainly gives some context around the history.

another reason for getting rid of the alignment 5 years 9 months ago #150400

• Beasley Hutton
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 2874
Grump did I hear correctly that the WCE/EP alignment will be terminated in the very near future?
The WCE are now pushing for their very own WAFL team!

Last edit: by Beasley Hutton.

another reason for getting rid of the alignment 5 years 9 months ago #150403

• Grump
  • Grump's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 381

Beasley Hutton wrote: Grump did I hear correctly that the WCE/EP alignment will be terminated in the very near future?
The WCE are now pushing for their very own WAFL team!

Yep and you can possibly hear my tears of joy hitting the floor, sorru bloke for the harm done to the WAFL but we are going to be the FERALS once again!
We live in a time where intelligent people are being silenced so stupid people won't be offended

another reason for getting rid of the alignment 5 years 9 months ago #150414

• ShinyDuck
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 17
Yes West Coast were obviously not pleased about how much influence East Perth were having in team selection, the coaching panel and their demands to have six true East Perth people in the team each week. ;)

another reason for getting rid of the alignment 5 years 9 months ago #150416

• Demons Forever
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 248
I thought EP ended it.
Did Bronte get overruled?
It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It's the size of the fight in the dog.
Winning isn't everything. It's the ONLY THING !!!!!!
I shot the fukin sherriff!!!!

another reason for getting rid of the alignment 5 years 9 months ago #150418

• one time only
  • Away
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 32
Shiny, if your sarcasm wasn't so true, it would be funny.

Go the Ferals.

another reason for getting rid of the alignment 5 years 9 months ago #150419

• Dempsey
  • Thank you received: 18
Hopefully that means a 10 team competition next year which in my view would be far more workable as you will play each team twice over 18 rounds.

It seems that an AFL Reserves competition will happen in the next couple of years, so 2019 & 2020 may be the last years of the competition as we now know it.

By 2021 you will have substantially reduced funding to the WAFL and the competition returning to a much more semi professional base as significant sponsorship will be even harder to obtain.

another reason for getting rid of the alignment 5 years 9 months ago #150424

• chaddy22
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 137

Demons Forever wrote: I thought EP ended it.
Did Bronte get overruled?

The WAFC response

The West Australian Football Commission (WAFC) has been informed by the East Perth Football Club of its intention to terminate its partner agreement with the West Coast Eagles.

East Perth FC provided notice of the termination following extensive internal discussion and consultation, with the East Perth FC Board voting unanimously.

Moderators: royallucky

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 540 guests and 4 members online

• Shark Tragic
  • one time only

Newest Footy Recruits

• aCoucky
  • whatoma
  • RobertPes
  • Lost WAFL